need help with dltcep please

Guest Guest_Valin_*

Guest Guest_Valin_*

Greetings to one,and all...I was going to try to put a custom weapon in my baldurs gate/totsc game.I downloaded dltcep and followed along from what to do from a site called Arundor's Abode,and had a browser for this site...Did as instructed...but how he says to do it and how here says to differs slightly like name it but what? so i just put a name for set up name,chose baldursgate\totsc from menu and did chitin key thing etc.But all i have is a TBG file for the weapon and when i try to import ibg/iap from the menu it says dltcep doesnt support that.I even made a tbg folder as suggested no go...Any help would be very much appreciated.Thankyou for your time.

Valin

@}--;----

DLTCEP only supports 'newer' versions of the TBG file format.

If you have an older style file, the you won't be able to use DLTCEP to install it.

You could give IEEP/IEES a go, or perhaps TBGU, other than that, ask someone to WeiDU-ify it for you.

Eh... guess you already tried this. :) I'll take a look at it. You sure you want this item as is with no changes?

This dagger does 2D8+3 damage, increases the number of attacks and returns to the hand when thrown.
Seems a bit overpowered to me, but to each his own.

Greetings Miloch,

I thankyou for your reply.Yes I you could Ive beaten Baldurs gate/totsc and am well into shadows of amn but wife has expressed interest and likes diviners from the ad&d brown wizards book so wanted to give her an edge for abit,as far as the hammer as a Thor fan wold love a crack at wielding it just even for abit.Thankyou so muych for your time.

Valin

@}--;----

The main problem with IEEP is that you cannot cleanly uninstall any files you import with it, as you can with WeiDU. A side problem is as noted with file texts - among other things, IEEP seems to duplicate identical text entries in your dialog.tlk file rather than simply referencing existing ones that are the same as what it's importing. And it's never a good idea to go mucking about with your dialog.tlk file this way. It can lead to dialogue corruption - people talking nonsense for example.

But if you don't have issues with any of that and all you want to do is be able to console in the existing items, then IEEP should work for you.

I happen to like overkill weapons myself. Whatever it takes to win.
While they may seem pretty cool at first as you blast your way easily through adversaries who would normally be somewhat tough, you end up at the end of the game saying "That's it? I thought there'd be more to this game. No challenges at all." I know because I've played games this way and considered in retrospect that they'd've been more enjoyable if I hadn't. But as I said, to each his (her) own. If you want your Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch just to take out a harmless bunny, I won't be the one to stop you. :)

Archived