Ratatouille

Kulyok

Haven't seen Nemo, I'm afraid, but after this one, I think I'll go and have a look(and Toy Story, too).

(As someone said, Pixar people just physically aren't able to create bad stuff.)

Well, the audience laughed quite a few times, the plot was good, and in the end, many applauded(something that happened only once in my memory: when in Star Wars III the black mask has descended on Anakin).

Well, the audience laughed quite a few times, the plot was good, and in the end, many applauded(something that happened only once in my memory: when in Star Wars III the black mask has descended on Anakin).

Huh, that happens rather frequently at the theatre i go to. in pirates 2, people clapped when johnny depp and geoffry rush appeared, and at the end of the movie. they clapped at the ends of all of the LotR movies, too. ah well, perhaps i just live in a town of very enthusiastic moviegoers. :)

Guest erik

Huh. Culture difference.

The most you'll ever hear around here is a round of shared laughs. Applause Just Isn't Done At The Cinema. It wouldn't even occur to me...

It's mixed here...depending on the movie. For instance, if you go see a movie where the fan base is huge (like harry potter) you can expect clapping.

However, nobody clapped for Pan's Labyrinth, and I found it quite entertaining.

Great movie - as a long time Food Network fan, I especially liked it! (And I am hard to please. Shrek [the original] was the last good one, I thought, though Pixar shorst are very good in general, and Wallace and Gromit Rule The World )

p.s. we all clapped and suprisingly, most folks actually stayed through the casts of thousands who created it, too.

Huh. Culture difference.

The most you'll ever hear around here is a round of shared laughs. Applause Just Isn't Done At The Cinema. It wouldn't even occur to me...

yeah, well i live in a very libral town of ex-hippies and college students so... :)

Huh. Culture difference.

yeah, well i live in a very libral town of ex-hippies and college students so... :)

Heh...well I don't know what our excuse is in Melbourne, as the last movie I saw was Transformers and people applauded it. Granted, it was funny! :) (and boy is CGI getting good!)

Looking forward to seeing Ratatouille, although when I saw the title of this thread my first thought was about sun-ripened tomatoes, capsicum, eggplant and zucchini and I had a distinct longing for Summer.

Heh, not the Nemo I think of when I see that name :)

I'm not much into Pixar's movies. Good for families I suppose. Most CG effects in non-cartoonlike movies seem overdone to the point of being a distraction. I might still see Transformers (siblings grew up with the cartoon) but I'll wait until it's on DVD.

Archived