Resurrecting Dynaheir

That could be interesting, if Minsc thinks Dynaheir is dead and she reappears and is all "what are you doing with that tart Aerie?"...fireworks!

Only problem again is that Minsc and other mods will still have banters about how Dynheir is dead. It's going to be pretty hard to suppress that.

Without Minsc though Dynaheir reappearance should seem pretty much seamless.

Killing Minsc is bad. Dynaheir can reappear somewhere else in Amn with a good story on what really happened.

I woud have to second that. I'm extremely fond of Minsc, I can't even imagine doing a BG2 run without him. I only dropped him once in favor of another NPC, and I felt incredibly guilty! :) Go figure!

As much as I would love to bring back Dynaheir, I have trouble imaging Dynaheir without Minsc (whereas the other way around doesn't bother me, thanks to BG2).

But I'm guessing there's no easy way around this, since I can't find a satisfying solution. :)

I guess one would have to re-write parts of game dialogue entirely. But a story both Khalid and Jaheira survived - heck, where Sarevok survived and joined the PC! - might be an interesting alley to explore. Though essentially, it might just turn into another game.

I'd love to be able to have both Dyna and Minsc, but it would require a lot of work, and would be incredibly difficult, as everyone's said, Minsc is the only character who brings up Dyna's death. (which is very odd, I wonder if she was cut at the last minute....)

BTW Kulyok, that sounds very interesting. If a few things hadn't happened, the game would be very different.

What if PC and Gorion never encountered Sarevok, would they, Jaheira, Khalid and Imoen have gone to Waterdeep?

Or if the party had never gone to Amn, but instead gone to seek out Elminster or the Blackstaff after the fall of Sarevok?

It would perhaps have made more sense.

Rambling Mode Off :)

I wouldn't worry too much about compatibility with other mods if you kill Minsc off. Players will just have to be selective about which mods they install for a game with your Dynaheir mod.

If you think about it, there'll be no banters in other mods with Dynaheir. And there should be no banters with Minsc triggered because he won't be there to begin with. So I would think that at least other NPC mods out there will be largely unaffected.

It's less work to do it this way and therefore more likely that you'll complete the mod.

I love Minsc too, but I would actually find it refreshing not to have him available. A note of comparison: Khalid is possibly my favorite BG1 character, and I could certainbly tolerate his absence in BG2.

Killing Minsc is bad. Dynaheir can reappear somewhere else in Amn with a good story on what really happened.

I woud have to second that. I'm extremely fond of Minsc, I can't even imagine doing a BG2 run without him. I only dropped him once in favor of another NPC, and I felt incredibly guilty! :) Go figure!

As much as I would love to bring back Dynaheir, I have trouble imaging Dynaheir without Minsc (whereas the other way around doesn't bother me, thanks to BG2).

But I'm guessing there's no easy way around this, since I can't find a satisfying solution. :)

Killing Minsc off is just foul. He's almost always in my party. He's the comic relief of the group.

I just thought I'd let everyone know that while I have written some stuff for this mod, due to far too much Courswork, homework, revision and general pressure (I'm in my GCSE year), I probably won't resume work on this til about summer 2008, as is, I can't committ to a project right now :(

Archived