What is the general opinion of Improved Anvil?

Guest Guest_dizzyorange_*

Guest Fantozzi

IA is the best tactical mod for BG2. I played v4 and v5 like 5-6 times altogether, it's a very good mod. I tad easy and not so much challenging after 1-2 playthru's. But v6 was supposed to make it finally more difficult.

BWL "guys" usually don't talk much, stuff pretty quiet even in their own forums, all members are under close observation of the concentration camp leaders Sikret and Baronius. They really don't make any noise at all. So leave them be.

Just like others sites can host mods with free forums, so can BWL. Things are pretty clear after you read the off-topic thread, that it's not about Servers. The 100$ that I make a day, dude back in Hungaria makes it in a month. Have just 10 guys get a premium membership for 150$ and that dude back in Hungaria can enjoy himself for 1-2 years without working his ass off.

Guest Dean_1982

i don't think they touch much dragon's shard. they write that downloads stay public blah blah. with their forums they do what they wanna. anyway six dolars not big deal.

Guest Dean_1982
Just like others sites can host mods with free forums, so can BWL.

bullshit. they are weird folks for true but having a reliabele server that's a fact man. two mins before i got ips driver error here _now_ on giberling3 and sometime ago on spellhold studio. for blackwyrm i used to go only for reading anvil item mod forum and regularly and never outage. other mod sites always die ocasionally that is what is called private hosting you share it with other customers. plus the reliabilelty of course.

about hungary you are in misbelief man. was once in budapest they have more bummers there than i saw in frankfurt. of course prolly they stole the shit out of the state treasury.

they write that downloads stay public blah blah.

I really don't think likewise :) Quote from here:

Premium Member:

3. Access to certain privileged resources and premium versions of certain mods which are not available to public

(It is important to note that the privileged resource is always marked as privileged by its owner, so e.g. mods are designated as privileged by their authors and not by the Black Wyrm's Lair)

Hopefully, they'll maintain a public list of exactly what mods "are not available to public" :p

anyway six dolars not big deal.
Small drops fill the ocean my friend :D
Heh Temujin always with the good stuff :)
I always miss the smilies. Hopefully, we can at least get a Michael Jackson before the current storm dies down again.

touch much dragon's shard
Am I the only one who always reads this as "dragons" "hard"? I see it and it just makes me think of dragons with raging hard-ons. They had that knock-off game with this title, and all I could think was who the hell looks at the box in the store and doesn't wonder why they're making games about six-foot whale penis?

"Hey, guys, let's all go to my place and play some DragonsHard!"

"Yeah, cool!"

I mean, seriously? Who are these people?!

Guest Guest

Fuck the BWL....bunch of thieves. If I like their mods so much, I'd donate regardless. Isn't it weird they choose to take money right before Improved Anvil 6 is to be finally released after 20months delay? I visited BWL for the last time today. RIP, bastards. Hope your servers burn out from greed.

Community support for mods *is* crucial + Wall of text :)
I really agree with all the things you've said there and those are my main worries.

Regardless whether 6 euros/dollars/whatevers is cheap, it's a hurdle and people who play a mod for fun don't want yet another hurdle before they get help. Instead, they'll probably just stick to an earlier version to be honest for which they do have bugfixes and such.

I understand their problems with funding, but I'm not certain that this is the best solution.

Guest Dean_1982
anyway six dolars not big deal.
Small drops fill the ocean my friend :)

true but imo it's not a big deal still. i'm more easy going i wanna read anvil upgrade and if i get bored of it i won't subscribe for next year that is all. i know the server costs 'em that's a fact if they're assholes that's their problem i'll just avoid the site and mod. but for now i'm interested in v.6. maybe will be last time but wanna make a try. some things are promising.

so i'll just avoid it if i lose interest in future. now i pay because wanna see v.6 this is simple solution. if i made a big mess and bioware decides to fix something i think the bwl guys are clever enough to pull all other communities too with 'em. so i just let 'em how they are. not worth it to make a mess as it might bring down the free comunities too.

Guest Dean_1982

it's just that my wife's lawyer friend says it isn't worth doing anything for bioware there are too much legal costs and they win little they win nothing. so if after all they decide to do something it will worth them taking down all major communities so later they do not need to worry that is all. cost eficiency you know. then good mods end up in torrent : (

Guest Matti

Bioware don't give a damn. They probably forgot about this game long time ago. ;]

Problem is that two greedy jerks, developed distinguisher and his baron-ass pal now are selling their "mods" undercover of site donations, using "cheap and cheesy tactics". Wow, what an improvement of modding community as a whole. Thank God I've got a better things to do in life than supporting piracy. But I'm really, really sorry for players and testers. I want to thank G3 and other BG2 communities lead by normal people for not mistaking players for "useful idiots" aka Improved Hungarian testers.

You're all jumping to conclusions. So far they only made their forums as a pay service. As if any one cares, like anyone goes there. If they want to kill off what small amount of traffic that goes there, that's their problem. Their mods are still free, you just have to pay for their support. Which is easy to bypass since all you have to do is ask your questions at another communities forum. Once they start charging to download their mods, I'll be sure to point Bioware in their direction.

Archived