What is the general opinion of Improved Anvil?

Guest Guest_dizzyorange_*

Guest Guest
No, I'm not Vlad or Sikret with an alternative account

Note the overall writing style of the post, and note that he didn't say he wasn't Baronious.

Does no one else in the world understand it is relatively easy to see when you post, and then post again, and then post again, you are being ridiculously obvious?

Poster in #118, #119, #120 - please understand that folks have immense freedom around here. Open system, loose rules, and very little moderation. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and have the freedom to post it. But if you want to create a "buzz" about something, standard "tricks" used at Amazon.com and ratings systems where you post one opinion and then back it up from the same ip, using the same machine, etc. are genially and politely laughed at.

Do you want the name of the router and the domain name? The ip's are identical. The posts in question,

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=165278

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=165279

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=165280

The service cycled you over, now, though, so your last two posts now come from the same service but a different (same) ip. Either that, or you reset your modem.

The chances of a TOR anonymous service placing the exact same data/ip on three posts at the same time from different countries... well, I guess it might be technically possible. Given the context, it seems improbable. Not something the Uni in question would be happy about either, I think - darned good place technical university. Not worth the time to mess with.

Around here, we do very little censoring, but we do call out people who are messing with the overall community. If folks want to continue venting, reasonably peaceably, we are a relatively open site.

If someone wants to voice support for IA, the development of an elite-by-payment-of-money social community, the paywall system, the idea that modders should be paid to create content, etc., it's fine. But if it looks like someone is arguing with him/herself and the ips are identical and the resolved domain is one that is relatively easy to identify, then I am going back to looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck - probably is duck.

Guest Guest

Bullshit. Whoever dares to agree with them is removed or challenged here. And where is the other post I posted??? I start to understand why the Black Wyrm Studios feels elite compared to the sort of you.

Guest Guest
Whoever dares to agree with them is removed or challenged here. And where is the other post I posted???

(Just to distinguish myself from the other guest, I'm the one from #121)

I'm guessing that there is "no other post that [he] posted", and that he said that in a (somewhat lame, IMO) attempt to "prove" bias by G3. Unlike BWL, G3 isn't exactly known for deleting posts.

There may have been another post.

I deleted a few posts earlier today that offered nothing but graphic obscenities punctuated by racial slurs. If one of them was yours, I wouldn't be in a hurry to own up to it, if I were you.

No, I'm not Vlad or Sikret with an alternative account, smart asses. I just agree with their elite concept, that is all.

psst... hey Baro,

I applied for my Platinum membership card and got it in the mail this morning. I did get the BWL coffee mug and my BWL mousepad and the edited flag of Hungary (as promised), but I never received the "The Making of Improved Avil" DVD? :)

I talked to one of your customer service representatives. He called himself 'Bob' (though he seemed to have a very thick European accent... strange). Anyway, "Bob" informed me the DVD was never part of the package... in fact, no such DVD exists! :p

Why did you lie to me, Baro?

:D

Guest Fantozzi

"I was a member too, and became a visitor which surprised me, but don't think it's something terrible. It's their site, they do what they want, I could view the forums for free, now I cannot. I'm going to pay because I want to see Improved Anvil. As I've said I was surprised but hardly offended. It's their right, and Improved Anvil (which I admittedly supported - paid - before) is a really well-made MOD. If this is needed to pay their bills. IMO most people nowadays get used to free things and then they start to whine when they need to pay a few cents for a quality service. Just because you were an active member, do you think you did some favour for them and they owe you? They just want to pay their bills, and you bunch of troublemakers here immediately start to complain, as you immediately think to the worst (admittedly due to some inspiration from a troll). I've actively played the Improved Anvil MOD for more than a year, and it's great fun. They don't owe because I was playing their mod or actively visiting their forum.

Seeing how you're bad mouthing here, I'm actually glad there is an elite subscriber group at Improved Anvil homepage forums for privileged members. It keeps out your troublemaker sort (no offense).

Those who even feel a little need to become elite in this crowd, I suggest joining Improved Anvil. I'm setting up my PayPal account at the moment (haven't possessed one until now). There is nothing in paying a few bucks. No, I'm not Vlad or Sikret with an alternative account, smart asses. I just agree with their elite concept, that is all. "

Again, IA is the best tactical mod for BG2. Some will admit it others will not. I admit it after playing thru it 5-7 times.

First of all I think you're a troll. If you are not, then you go in the other category, the one you have your nose up Sikrets ass. There were quite a few of them in the IA forums.

When you have regular IA posters (matti, Iroumen, Nominar, myself, to name a few), strong IA supporters (who even defended IA and Sikret in the OffTopic Thread here and other places were people attacked IA), skilled IA players, very active forum members who provided a lot of bug reports thru out the years, post here in this thread and show their frustration and disappointment, that after all those years they get poop in the face, just about when v6 was supposed to come out and give IA a fresh spin after a very long time.

There is no server maintenance, there is no software maintenance, there is no need for those two crooks Sikret and Baronius to recieve a cent from anyone. Anybody who thinks they actually need money to run their stuff, is utterly retarded. The timing is right with v6 around the corner, Baronius being a little greedy old fart from Hungary (exposed a few times thru out the years), and Sikret who refuses a full time job to work on the IA mod.

But you go ahead and put food one some 40 year old unemployed dudes table. Support

I'm pretty sure IA and few other mods from BWL will be taken down from the Pocketplane site because of this.

I presume you're referring to the modlist.

Although I do consider this development ridiculous, I won't delist their free mods over it. As others have pointed out, nothing has really changed for the casual downloader--at least, not yet.

I won't be listing anything which explicitly requires payment, however.

"When you have regular IA posters (matti, Iroumen, Nominar, myself, to name a few), strong IA supporters (who even defended IA and Sikret in the OffTopic Thread here and other places were people attacked IA), skilled IA players, very active forum members who provided a lot of bug reports thru out the years, post here in this thread and show their frustration and disappointment, that after all those years they get poop in the face, just about when v6 was supposed to come out and give IA a fresh spin after a very long time. "

Count me in as well

Kerkes

Archived