Offtopic Anvil Discussion

the bigg

Guest Pollyannish

Just out of curiosity - is this thread a special kind of online game you modders are playing ? But please - keep on posting, it´s very entertaining !!!

Just out of curiosity - is this thread a special kind of online game you modders are playing ? But please - keep on posting, it´s very entertaining !!!

Well, there has hardly been a day in the history of IE modding without a good war going on. Concider it free entertainment.

So... let me get this straight.

This is all about Baronius having something against the G3 Fixpack because it clashes with some BWL mods, so instead of either being nice about it or just leaving it and telling people not to use the Fixpack with their mods he has to write pages long diatribes on how he's right and everyone else is wrong?

And after looking at his posts, why does Sikret have to insult and look down upon everyone who doesn't like his tatical mod? He's said that if you find it too hard the correct thing to do is to keep trying and practising otherwise your views are moot. I didn't touch IA because its a difficulty mod, which I'm not interested in, and because I quite like to play with other mods installed without having to jump through inane compatibility hoops.

(Also, new here!)

This is all about Baronius having something against the G3 Fixpack because it clashes with some BWL mods, so instead of either being nice about it or just leaving it and telling people not to use the Fixpack with their mods he has to write pages long diatribes on how he's right and everyone else is wrong?
Yes, that's what alomost everyone thinks it is.

And after looking at his posts, why does Sikret have to insult and look down upon everyone who doesn't like his tatical mod? He's said that if you find it too hard the correct thing to do is to keep trying and practising otherwise your views are moot.
Every person has their own bias I think.

Well...well...well...

Splungy ol' boy, you're always quick to jump on me whenever I tease the Hungarian communist, but I like how you're awfully silent when its Fraudonius and the sick rat who enjoy humiliating and tormenting their own forum members.

So why don't you say something now about this whole Saros incident? :D

Saros,

The biggest mistake you made in your entire life was playing Improved Anvil. :):( I learned this the hard way.

By now, you should know that Improved Anvil has the power to turn something you love doing into something totally repulsive and dreadful. It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'fun'. I had a premonition that all this drama was going to unfold sooner or later.

I do have a couple of questions for you though (if you don't mind).

Why would you entertain those clowns by starting a second progress thread? dunnowe5.gif Clearly, they don't like you, they dismiss everything you say as a lie, they ban you from the IA forum and tell you to post your progress on the general forum (then edit and lock your thread *even* in that forum). Despite all this, why would you still even post in that hellhole (or even play this garbage mod, for that matter)? dohyy2.gif

To Fraudonius and the Sick Rat:

The only way you can recover from this travesty is to start making amendments post-haste. First, make a public apology to our good friend, Saros. It's one thing to respond to a thread like this, but it's completely unacceptable to continue attacking someone minding their own business. He's not trolling or trashing the mod or insulting anyone in any way.

So both of you drama queens... act like men and admit you goofed up before things go even worse from here on.

Splungy ol' boy, you're always quick to jump on me whenever I tease the Hungarian communist, but I like how you're awfully silent when its Fraudonius and the sick rat who enjoy humiliating and tormenting their own forum members.

So why don't you say something now about this whole Saros incident? :)

1. I wasn't aware of the Saros incident until now.

2. I jump on you, not because you "tease" Baronious (although it goes far beyond that), but because you actually seem to think that what he says is important. Otherwise, why waste your time responding?

Personally, I just ignore his posts because, as Moongaze says in the IA thread, he sems to have changed in the last couple of months. Which isn't to say that I disagree with everything he (and Sikret) say about the Fixpack - I actually think they make some good points, but the way they make them causes the message to get lost.

Saros,

The biggest mistake you made in your entire life was playing Improved Anvil. nono.gif nono.gif I learned this the hard way.

By now, you should know that Improved Anvil has the power to turn something you love doing into something totally repulsive and dreadful. It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'fun'. I had a premonition that all this drama was going to unfold sooner or later.

The answers to your questions:

I like the mod. And just for clarification, I've played with other difficulty improvement mods before. For instance, I succeeded to win the Ascension mod with a solo Wizard Slayer character, with relatively few reloads. I've also played Tactics(a little) and SCSII(a little), but these two didn't provide me with enough challenge. After devising a cheap strategy with a 12 lvl sorcerer against SCSII or Tactics' Twisted Rune, I knew that these mods were still too easy for me.

So, Raven (also known as touch_of_the_void at the Bioware forum), suggested me to try Improved Anvil 5.0. I did, and I was completely satisfied with the new tactical challenges it provides, as well as enemies, quests, items and so on. Plus, the cool feature of the mod 'all or nothing', including its incompatibility with most of the other difficulty easing mods and tweaks, was a nice thing.

Why would you entertain those clowns by starting a second progress thread? Clearly, they don't like you, they dismiss everything you say as a lie, they ban you from the IA forum and tell you to post your progress on the general forum (then edit and lock your thread *even* in that forum).

The question of this one is easy. Sikret, in particular, stated that I would never complete the IA 5.0 mod with a SOLO character, even with xp exploits, because, as he stated, in some battles my character won't be able to inflict enough damage due to the fact that he's alone, despite of his high levels, and thus be unable to complete the mod. I wrote my first topic very extensively, and proved 2 things:

1. A powerful solo character is absolutely able to complete each battle in IA 5.0, using proper installation of the mod, and exploiting what is in the mod itself(no external program cheating). Thus, Sikret was wrong.

2. For each of the battles after chapter 3, was devised even a no reload strategy. I.e. a strategy which works each and every time, absolutely not relying on any luck factor (throwing dice or Wish spell effects in the middle of the battle, for instance).

3. The only BWL members who don't like me are actually Sikret, Baronius, and mb Raven. There are other BWL members, wiho had helped me, or I've helped them, or have said that some of my tactics are very good. In fact, even now I'm communicating with BWL's forum members in need of help and they ask and accept it. I wonder, if I was indeed a liar, would they do that? So in short, the topic was written to show the BWL members that Sikret is also sometimes incorrect in his statements, and to help them with certain tactics, item localizations, exploits, etc. It's up to them to decide which ones to use.

Just as a side note, certain modifications to the IA 6.0 were made after I posted certain tactics in my walkthrough, so it seems that Sikret has also learned a thing or two from my reports, although he will never admit it.

Despite all this, why would you still even post in that hellhole (or even play this garbage mod, for that matter)?

I'm now playing a solo no reload insane game in this *garbage* mod. Because it is simply the greatest BG2 challenge I've encountered so far. I like the mod, not its creator.

I made my second walkthrough, in order to show the BWL members that a no reload insane solo strategy may be devised for the early tough game battles as well (chapters 2 and 3), and to show some screenshots how this exactly can be done. After posting my first few screenshots, Baronius asked me in PM to stop doing it, because it overloaded the forum. Afterwards, I decided to post only links to my screenshots, thus not burdening their server. The next day I saw that all of my links have been deleted, with the meager explanation in PM from Baronius that 'Sikret banned all screenshots', although admitting that the reason for doing so was not overburdening their server. So, Sikret lied again, although this cannot be proven, since this whole thing was in Personal Message communication only.

Afterwards, I decided to add info about item ingredients, rare item localization, and even more cheese tactics, which I wouldn't do otherwise.

With my 2 topics on BWL forums, there is stable info about each of the IA battles solo no reload for everyone to see and learn. If they're deleted from the BWL forums, I will write a new topic on another forum, maybe this one, describing step by step the IA mod walkthrough with a solo character, adding links to screenshots, revealing rare item locations, exploits, and so on, and will do this for future IA releases as well, if I have the time.

Saros, I see not why you must prove something to Sikret, Baronius or BWL as a whole. Trust me, they aren't straying much from their usual pattern of behavior. Otherwise why would here be 400 posts of flame and flood? Just enjoy the mod since you like it.

I decided to add info about item ingredients, rare item localization, and even more cheese tactics, which I wouldn't do otherwise
I hate intentional spoilers with great passion. And probably I'm not the only one who does.

If they're deleted from the BWL forums, I will write a new topic on another forum...

...if I have the time.

I wouldn't consider such use of free time as a wise investment, though it's your personal business.
I'm now playing a solo no reload insane game in this *garbage* mod.

jester2sh2.gif You're a strange fella. Although I like this non-violent, turn-the-other-cheek type of restraint you're showing even now, I don't think it's really worth it. Like Ardanis said, I don't understand what you're trying to prove here.

However if you really mean what you say, then do what makes you happy. Play it to your heart's content. No one will ridicule you for it (except maybe its own author, ironically enough).

To me, Improved Anvil is grunge. It is a worthless piece of trash that is beyond redemption. It is made by a narcissistic prick whose attitude keeps getting for the worse as each day goes on.

When the community's Red Cross (Big World Project) wouldn't touch IA, that's enough to show where it stands. It symbolizes everything that is wrong with modding.

There is no point in even going further into technical details and talk about its shortcomings.

After posting my first few screenshots, Baronius asked me in PM to stop doing it, because it overloaded the forum.

laugh2ux7.giflaugh2ux7.gif

He actually said that?

You should've asked him in return if it's ok to overload the forum with screenshots of flow charts if they involve trashing other mods.

With my 2 topics on BWL forums, there is stable info about each of the IA battles solo no reload for everyone to see and learn. If they're deleted from the BWL forums, I will write a new topic on another forum, maybe this one

Yes. This is what you should've done in the first place. Any forum except BWL.

You see, by posting at his forum, you're giving him power and control. His already over-inflated ego only got worse. You're allowing him to abuse his moderating commands (which he undoubtedly will, his track record shows it). Take control away by posting on another forum (but make sure he reads it, and watch his face turn red like a cartoon character :)).

Hungarius:

As Ryel said, you're a simple cheater in the game. Now I say, you're a simple swindler in the real life.

I really doubt Sikret will waste his time for a swindler.

The fact itself that you join with *multiple* fake accounts and promise to continue it proves that you're a cheater. If you weren't a swindler, you could simply go to another forum or open a free forum for yourself to write all this stuff.

So if you weren't a swindler, you would open your own forum or go to another one, instead of trying to cause forum problems here by joining with new fake accounts.

I wanted to delete this topic, but I want everyone to see what a swindler you're

We won't change any rules and guidelines for the sake of swindlers and those who believe they must win in every scenario.

Don't let a swindler to affect your emotions!

That is how swindlers work -- in the real life too.

They often fool even very clever people, this is why they're swindlers.

This is funny on so many levels. jester2sh2.gifjester2sh2.giffitie8.giflaugh2ux7.gif

So is this my cue where I start bringing back memories once again and show what an honest, upstanding citizen you are?

You lived your life and made a name for yourself based on TheWizard's hard work, Janos. Without him, your site wouldn't have gotten the amount of exposure that it has today.

Quoting TheWizard himself:

With that rationality, it would be equally unjust for you to receive all money donated to an account accessible only by you, yet you did exactly that, and you advertised it quite blatantly (refer to the donation notice near the top of the old IEGMC Europe/now Dragon's Hoard page). In hindsight, I'm glad I received the first donation in an account accessible only by me, because I trust myself enough to do what was fair and ethical: divide the money evenly. It is clear that you would not have done this.

and also,

It's quite apparent that you rid on my coattails, and went about setting up Dragon's Hoard in a completely unethical and disrespectful manner. Really and truly, I have a sense of pity for you, David. I mean that. It's a shame that you took something that was created by me as a hobby and turned it into a monster.

Let's face it, Janos. The Wizard made you who you are. Never forget that.

Instead of thanking him, you continue leeching him off by rerouting player donations into your greedy commie pockets (money that should've rightfully went to TheWizard), and worse, demand access to his paypal! And you don't just stop there. Once exposed, you ban him from your forums, chase him out of this community and continue pretending none of this ever happened. If that thread was made at BWL, I guarantee it would've disappeared in an instant. I have NO DOUBT about that.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I now leave it to you to decide who is the real swindler here. Saros or Fraudonius.

Archived