A crash to desktop when visiting CC first time

Shaitan

Yeah, Gort, the original Baldurdash fixpack wasn't WeiDU, so it wouldn't show up on the WeiDU log.

I remember these days)

I did use baldurdash funny enough. In order to try IA. I used to use BG2Fixpack. But that's another discussion :thumbsup:

that means you're using original baldurdash now, or no baldurdash at all?

I guess that'd be a pretty rare case: ot's really hard to imagine the situation that would require even one of these for me, for example.

One use I can think of is a cutscene involving no PC and no party members - see Irenicus cutscenes every chapter.

I wonder, what happens if two or more mods add a .cre to the same [x.y] point? Or pretty close, so that they'll essentially be standing in the same space? Is it of any consequence?

I guess that'd be a pretty rare case: ot's really hard to imagine the situation that would require even one of these for me, for example.

One use I can think of is a cutscene involving no PC and no party members - see Irenicus cutscenes every chapter.

That is one possibility. Invisible cres can also be used to give an item a "dialoge": I use a cutspy in Ajantis BGII to get a dialogue for a portal. (The portal is not speaking, but the dialogue triggers the interaction with the portal, etc.). In Ajantis BG1NPC romance I use a cutspy in one of the romance challenges so the player can see the whole screen. In BGII an invisible cre is used to trigger the dialogue of the fish creature in the tank (in the drow city).

So I also recently had a problem entering the CC... It was solved by the removal of Dungeon Crawl. I'm guessing that there was a conflict between it and quest pack (the only mods that make changes there that I'm running are quest pack, UB, and bonus merchants). I've been meaning to investigate more, but DC was so much higher in the mod list that it was far easier to remove than UB or questpack. Next play thorugh I'll probably put them all toward the end of my install and play around until I figure it out.

-Starcrunch

EDIT: Been meaning to post in DC forum about this but need to bring my Weidu log to a computer on the net (my game computer is at home and no longer connected to the internet).

Archived