Aerie Romance

Caedwyr

That opens up all sorts of possibilities like having characters ascend to Celestial classes.

Sure, as long as someone does all the work. :p

I thought this was a mere complain about inconsistency with a situation that could in theory be easily solved story-wise within the game parameters, not about adding wings as an animation.

Just a line of thought here: Maybe a change in Aeries dialogue ain't needed to restore her wings, and not the graphic wings either. If it's possible, that is.

There could be a some kind of special restoration spell involved at the end of Aerie's romance in SoA or the beginning of ToB. And instead of wings magically restored, how about a happier Aerie who can feel the change in her back/body? It can take a year or more for her wings to be fully regrown.

It could continue as normal, with some added wing-banters (and a happier Aerie), and a changed epilogue where her wings was restored (romance or not).

Anyhow, just an idea. More banters are always fun.

There are limits to the Regeneration spell in PnP, if I remember right, though I don't have the book here at work to check, so a special version of the spell might be appropriate.

(Limited) Wish should absolutely be able to do it, but one could get around that by having any attempt to give her wings back change reality such that she was never captured in the first place, or otherwsie make the results undesirable.

The AD&D version would require a successful system shock roll to survive the spell due to the length of time the limb has been gone and the fact that her severed wings are not present. Its listed as a common level 7 spell for priests. Then again, Baldur's Gate II has never been completely PnP faithful, so I'd just settle for the line removal from the Regeneration spell text.

Actually, Cuv over at SHS forums has been doing even more impressive things with animations such as creating new casting animations where there were none before, new death animations, etc. I wouldn't be suprised if decent gnome animations were doable. I should make the suggestion.

Just to be clear, if you had a wishlist which default player races need what types of animations?

Female gnomes that are resized female elves for Fighter, Thief, Mage, (Cleric?) animation archtypes

Male gnomes for the same

Female dwarf animations (maybe stolen from another game?)

Half-Orc male and female?

Archived