Reporting Bugs (for versions 1.2 or earlier)

Nythrun

Got a new bug, not sure what's causing it :

Viconia is not levelling properly when I invite her into the party in BG1, using BGT

It's not that troublesome, since i can CLUA her experience.

Well, you should --change-log hers .cre file, as you then could use the backup files to find which mod made the miss.

By the way, you are using the erik's edition of the .tp2 file from here... Right?

Got a new bug, not sure what's causing it :

Viconia is not levelling properly when I invite her into the party in BG1, using BGT

It's not that troublesome, since i can CLUA her experience.

Well, you should --change-log hers .cre file, as you then could use the backup files to find which mod made the miss.

By the way, you are using the erik's edition of the .tp2 file from here... Right?

If i'm not mistaken, yes, i am.

I'll check that, but i'm trying a new install at the moment, so i'll try it once it's done :)

Allright, I confirm, I do have the last version of the .tp2.

I've checked what kind of modifications were made to the Vicy i was meeting :

--change-log viconi61.cre

Damn. I know what's the problem.I installed the BG2Fixpack ToB-style NPC.

Weird, I only got this problem with Viccy

I'll try to reinstall without the BG2Fixpack TOB-Style NPC component

Allright, I didn't install the TOB-style levelling NPC from BG2 fixpack, and i've still got the problem.

Here's the changelog (I retranslated the descriptions, it's a french installation)

Mods affecting VICONI61.CRE:

00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 3 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Main component

00001: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 2 40 // Blue skin for Viconia

00002: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 2 3012 // Max HP for recruitable characters

00003: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 2 4071 // BG2 values

00004: ~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ 0 1215 // Viconia De'Vir

00005: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 4 5000 // Improved IA

00006: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 4 5043 // Improved Priests

Allright, i found the bug in the .tp2

Line 11441 : ~_viconi~ is missing. If Erik could update his package.

I'll try it myself :)

Edit.: Damn, she's right under, in the BG2 part of the join update.

Maybe it's due to the fact that upon joining, her script lowers the reputation of the party by 2 ?

I really see no other explanation...

ACTION_IF (~%bgt_var%~ STRING_EQUAL ~bgt~) THEN BEGIN
   ACTION_FOR_EACH ~join_dialogue~ IN
                                      ~ajanti~
                                      ~alora~
                                      ~branwe~
                                      ~coran~
                                      ~dynahe~
                                      ~eldoth~
                                      ~faldor~
                                      ~garric~
                                      ~kagain~
                                      ~khalid~
                                      ~kivan~
                                      ~jaheir~
                                      ~minsc~
                                      ~montar~
                                      ~quayle~
                                      ~safana~
                                      ~sharte~
                                      ~skie~
                                      ~tiax~
                                      ~xan~
                                      ~xzar~
                                      ~yeslic~

Allright, finally found it.

The join dialog is in bgviconi.dlg, instead of viconi.dlg for BGT.

But this file is not parsed by the setup.tp2, so there's no way to append the xp modification script.

I'll try modifying the Tp2 and see how it goes.

Edit.: Aye, Quayle also has the same problem.

Because his .dlg script is named bgquayle.dlg, so he doesn't level up upon joining.

The pacth is quite easy :

At line ~11441, add the following two lines :

~bgviconi~

~bgquayle~

Edit2.: It's working !

Quite weird that no one encountered that problem before :)

Well at least, I've found how to correct the problem ;)

Guest OneEyedPhoenix

Hi, I found a little Viconia incompatibillity between "Level 1 NPC mod" and BGT.

Viconia was moved to the area south of Beregost by BGT, which does this by making the area script (ar9700.bcs) create her by the following code:

IF
Global("BGTNPC8900","GLOBAL",0)
LevelLT(Player1,4)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("BGTNPC8900","GLOBAL",1)
	CreateCreature("VICONI",[1455.253],7) // Viconia
END

IF
OR(2)
	Level(Player1,4)
	Level(Player1,5)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	CreateCreature("VICONI4",[1455.253],7) // Viconia
END

IF
LevelGT(Player1,5)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	CreateCreature("VICONI61",[1455.253],6) // Viconia
END

Thus, if the player is level 4 or higher when entering the Beregost wilderness for the first time Viconia is created with a higher level than 1, despite this mod.

Thus, if the player is level 4 or higher when entering the Beregost wilderness for the first time Viconia is created with a higher level than 1, despite this mod.

You've misunderstood. The mod modifies all variants of the various npcs, to start at level 1, but with the usual various amounts of excess experience according to their old level. So that you can immediately level up to the usual level and assign proficiencies you like, etc.

Nothing to see here, move along :)

(But grab the updated level1npcs.tp2 from my sig, as it has a few bugfixes for Viconia - pending a new official release hopefully soon.)

Guest OneEyedPhoenix
You've misunderstood. The mod modifies all variants of the various npcs, to start at level 1, but with the usual various amounts of excess experience according to their old level. So that you can immediately level up to the usual level and assign proficiencies you like, etc.

Nothing to see here, move along :)

(But grab the updated level1npcs.tp2 from my sig, as it has a few bugfixes for Viconia - pending a new official release hopefully soon.)

I know she was already level 4 when she joined my party at least, so something went amiss. But if you are confident that you have fixed this bug with the updated level1npcs.tp2, which haven't made it to an official release yet, then i have nothing further to add.

Hi, I found a little Viconia incompatibillity between "Level 1 NPC mod" and BGT.
Not sure which mod does that (not core BGT?) but it is no problem for L1NPCs, because this mod affects all versions of her CRE file (so viconi, viconi4, viconi61 etc.). If it isn't working for you, you may not have the latest tp2 above or perhaps you are using SCS's component #70.

weidu --change-log viconi4.cre please? :)

None of my updates change viconi4 or friends, but the mod does by default - if you change viconia and have not installed scs component 70 and have not visited the map in the current save.

Guest OneEyedPhoenix
Not sure which mod does that (not core BGT?) but it is no problem for L1NPCs, because this mod affects all versions of her CRE file (so viconi, viconi4, viconi61 etc.). If it isn't working for you, you may not have the latest tp2 above or perhaps you are using SCS's component #70.

Upon further inspection it seems plausible that it might have been SCS (If it changes the viconi.cre files), or it might have been caused by bugs in the v1.2 of the tp2. This seems likely as near infinity revealed that no viconia .cre files in my game were set to level 1.

I assumed it was BGT because of the names of the globals.

Archived