IR V2 release

Demivrgvs

hah. I lied. Test installed, doublechecked some changes via windiff, and winmerge,

weidu.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Masterwork Weapons: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #2 // Spellcasting in Armor -> Allow Spellcasting in Armor with a Chance of Arcane Casting Failure: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #6 // Heavy Armor Encumbrance -> Movement Speed and Dexterity Penalties in Heavy Armor: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #9 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #13 // Halberds Can Slash, Too: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #14 // Remove Cleric Weapon Restrictions from Multi-classed Clerics: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #15 // Prevent Druids from Wearing Helmets: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #16 // Restrict Fighter/Druids to Armor that Druids Can Wear: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: v2
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #18 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> Backstabbing Penalties Only: v2

and packaged for win/osx/lin - site pages updated - uploaded to G3 and G3 mirror 9may take a few days to get other mirrors informed). Making the announcement now. Cool stuff - congratulations, dudes - v2 is released.

Guest Dirty Uncle Bertie
Can you confirm if the issue discussed in this post - http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=137896 - has been altered to BG2 Tweak Pack style?

Nobody objected, so yes. And it's more like vanilla style. :thumbsup:

Ah, yes, I suppose it is! :thumbsup:

Mike, I was looking through some old posts and found something regarding the animations for Spell Trap/Cloak of Mirroring and Physical Mirror stuff:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=128439

I've tried v1 of IR and found that the Cloak of Mirroring no longer has an animation, which is cool, but the Reflection Shield +1 and Shield of Balduran +3 still have that awful shiny disc thingy effect. Is there any chance that could be removed from these items (or at least allow the possibility of removing it through an optional component)? I haven't tried SR recently, so can you tell me if it includes the nice Spell Trap animation from 1PP?

Oh, and the Shield of Balduran has a typo in v1, where it says "The wearer can cover behind the shield and looks through...". It should obviously say "look" instead of "looks", and I think it should say "The wearer can take cover..." as well. Also, the Reflection Shield says "No missile/piercing attack protection" which is odd considering that it protects completely from missiles.

Anyone?

Mike, I was looking through some old posts and found something regarding the animations for Spell Trap/Cloak of Mirroring and Physical Mirror stuff:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=128439

I've tried v1 of IR and found that the Cloak of Mirroring no longer has an animation, which is cool, but the Reflection Shield +1 and Shield of Balduran +3 still have that awful shiny disc thingy effect. Is there any chance that could be removed from these items (or at least allow the possibility of removing it through an optional component)? I haven't tried SR recently, so can you tell me if it includes the nice Spell Trap animation from 1PP?

I don't believe we included that animation. This is Demi's area - he'll be the one to convince. :thumbsup:

Oh, and the Shield of Balduran has a typo in v1, where it says "The wearer can cover behind the shield and looks through...". It should obviously say "look" instead of "looks", and I think it should say "The wearer can take cover..." as well. Also, the Reflection Shield says "No missile/piercing attack protection" which is odd considering that it protects completely from missiles.

Thanks, both have been fixed locally and should make it into an upcoming hotfix.

Spell Deflection/Turning Animations (also used by SI, Spell Trap, Physical Mirror,...)

Cheers, Mike. Perhaps you could draw my post to Demi's attention next time you speak to him.
Sorry I forgot to reply! I may do something about it...but for SR. Personally I would even prefer an option to completely remove them because:

- those two animations seem to be there only to tell the opponents which type of defense you currently have on (absorbing or reflective), and I personally don't like it (it's metagaming imo)

- at the same time they're even a little confusing as Spell Deflection, Spell Immunity and Spell Trap use the very same ugly animation

- though only a minor issue they make illusionary clones (e.g. Simulacrum) stand out too much imo, as the newly created clones don't have those very gaudy animations up

We'll see...

- at the same time they're even a little confusing as Spell Deflection, Spell Immunity and Spell Trap use the very same ugly animation

One thing 1PP is still useful for even if you install IR is a alternate animation, try it :thumbsup:

( I wanted to attach a file with it but can't find the option :thumbsup:, anyway download 1pp and extract SPMAGGLO.BAM and .VVC )

Guest D. U. Bertie

Yes, the Spell Trap animation from 1PP is really sweet! Please use it.

Ah, did you give further thought to my comments on Yoshi's Katana and the SotM:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=136851

I haven't yet tried v2 so I don't know if you've changed these two weapons.

And I'm a bit confused how doing something with SR would affect the Reflection Shield +1 and Shield of Balduran +3 awful shiny disc thingy, but I'm sure you know what you're doing! :thumbsup:

Also, could you please take a look at this thread and comment:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=16109

I'm curious as to whether I'll have more or less gold than usual because of IR, and also what fee to set (e.g. 80k or maybe 100k) if I'm going to be doing most or all of the Chapter 2 quests. With regard to the Itm Value Tweaks mod, does your mod also change the prices for the same items? If so, I won't need to use Itm Value Tweaks any more. And did you include a Tutu auto-skip in v2 for the main component and masterwork weapons, like Mike suggested?

Guest D. U. Bertie

Ah, I had a look through the Item Index and noticed that Yoshimo's Katana has been changed for the better. Regarding the SotM, I can't remember if you said the "Protection from Evil" effect functions as a PoE spell or just grants similar bonuses (in which case it'd still be worth casting a PoE on the person using the SotM).

I do have some other ideas regarding some of the items in the index. Have you considered making the Hammer of Thunderbolts +3 throwable, just like the Crom Faeyr? For the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, I think I'd like you to leave them at Strength: +2 bonus (+100 exceptional), but I'd be interested to hear if others think +2 is okay considering at what part of the game you get them.

What I've done here is look at giving someone a fairly good reason not to assemble the Crom Faeyr. I'm thinking to myself "What if the only party member proficient in War Hammer doesn't have that great a strength (e.g. Viconia)? Would it be better instead to divide the Crom Faeyr parts amoungst the party members?". I think it may well be, provided the Hammer of Thunderbolts remains appealing (allowing it to be thrown would help this) and the Gauntlets of Ogre Power give a decent strength bonus (maybe +1 isn't enough). The Girdle of Frost Giant Strength is, of course, pretty sweet, but the other parts also need to be to stop someone always wanting to assemble the Crom Faeyr. Does that make sense?

Well, the idea is that Crom Faeyr should be something better than all of the other pieces of equipment on one person, or at least equal to. If you have more incentive to keep your 5,000 GP and the component items and sell that little piece paper you need, then fine, but imho a lot of the item's purpose in the game has been killed.

It is the same with the Equalizer, which does take more than a little trouble to get.

Icen

Animations

And I'm a bit confused how doing something with SR would affect the Reflection Shield +1 and Shield of Balduran +3 awful shiny disc thingy, but I'm sure you know what you're doing! :thumbsup:
Because those animations are automatically assigned to absorbing and reflective effects, I can (and I previously had) remove them from a specific item but that would prevent the animation to being displayed by the appropriate spells too, causing a little inconsistency.

Itm Value Tweak

I'm curious as to whether I'll have more or less gold than usual because of IR, and also what fee to set (e.g. 80k or maybe 100k) if I'm going to be doing most or all of the Chapter 2 quests. With regard to the Itm Value Tweaks mod, does your mod also change the prices for the same items? If so, I won't need to use Itm Value Tweaks any more. And did you include a Tutu auto-skip in v2 for the main component and masterwork weapons, like Mike suggested?
With IR installed you should have a good amount less of disposable coins (you should ask to players how much as I haven't been able to play this year), but due to the high amount of treasures in BG I think you should still handle a 80k without problems by doing most quests before going to Spellhold. Anyway it also depends on how thrifty you are in the early stages as there are a good amount of interesting and affordable items in a few stores now, but some players may prefer to rely only on what they get during the quests and keep the coin to purchase a few selected items. Itm Value Tweak mod affects some items that I haven't included in IR (e.g. golden torso) but I'm not sure how it works, and it may affects some of IR's prices too.

Unless Mike added it without me noticing we haven't included an auto-skip yet, sorry, we may work on that for one of the next hotfixes or releases.

Yoshimo's Katana

Ah, I had a look through the Item Index and noticed that Yoshimo's Katana has been changed for the better.
I should have made it more or less as you wished. :thumbsup:

SotM

Regarding the SotM, I can't remember if you said the "Protection from Evil" effect functions as a PoE spell or just grants similar bonuses (in which case it'd still be worth casting a PoE on the person using the SotM).
I'm not sure if two "protection from evil" effects stack, but the staff doesn't grant "protection" from gated fiends, thus using the actual spell is still beneficial (one of the many reasons I'm not assigning portrait icons with items). I think I'll replace Pro vs. Evil sooner or later, for example I though about a sort of permanent Mage Armor/Spirit Armor (the former probably has a too high AC to be useful, but the latter may instead be too good).

Hammer of Thunderbolts, Gauntlets of Ogre Power

I do have some other ideas regarding some of the items in the index. Have you considered making the Hammer of Thunderbolts +3 throwable, just like the Crom Faeyr? For the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, I think I'd like you to leave them at Strength: +2 bonus (+100 exceptional), but I'd be interested to hear if others think +2 is okay considering at what part of the game you get them.
The hammer is rather difficult to obtain and may be improved, I'll think about it.

The gauntlets really are too powerful with a +2/100 bonus (especially in BG1) and because of how the thac0/damage progression works the best solution to achieve a "gradual" increase is to use a plain +2 to strength.

Crom Faeyr

What I've done here is look at giving someone a fairly good reason not to assemble the Crom Faeyr. I'm thinking to myself "What if the only party member proficient in War Hammer doesn't have that great a strength (e.g. Viconia)? Would it be better instead to divide the Crom Faeyr parts amoungst the party members?". I think it may well be, provided the Hammer of Thunderbolts remains appealing (allowing it to be thrown would help this) and the Gauntlets of Ogre Power give a decent strength bonus (maybe +1 isn't enough). The Girdle of Frost Giant Strength is, of course, pretty sweet, but the other parts also need to be to stop someone always wanting to assemble the Crom Faeyr. Does that make sense?
Crom Fayer should still results quite more appealing than the separate items considering how difficult it is to retrieve all the components to forge it (IMO). That being said, I generally prefer to keep the belt and the gauntlets anyway for most parties. :)
I'm not sure if two "protection from evil" effects stack, but the staff doesn't grant "protection" from gated fiends,

I tested it in game ( protecting whole party except the wizard wielding sotm with pfe, then casting cacofiend and gate ) and the staff indeed prevented fiends from attacking the mage. Switching to another weapon made the fiends attack the mage, then prompty re-equipping the staff stopped them.

Would it be possible to change how much strength bonus the gauntlets of ogre power, etc. give you depending on what strength you start with? So extremely puny characters, such as Aerie, could get +4 by wearing it, while at the top end you would get +1 or nothing?

re: how much cash

not having reputation affect prices is going to matter a lot, I think. Of course there are fewer tempting items for sale in the stores, as well.

Archived