ALIGMENT: Neutral Good

CLASS: Sorceress

STR:12

DEX:19 (or 20 in my race system)

INT:18 (or 19 in my race system)

WIS:12

CONST:12

CHA:14

Location - you find her somewhere in the forest fighting orcs.

BIO - Her parents were two powerfull elven mages who lived secluded deep in the woods. When she was still young a horde of rampaging orcs stormed trough the forest and attacked their house. Her parents foung bravely and killed allmost all the Orc before thy fell. Only several were left and they were driven away by the elven Ranger Elith, a firend of her parents(and hers..and another of the NPC's I want to make). He took her to the Tenthar Taerhamoos, Archmage of the Phoenix tower.

It is there where her spellcasting abilities became aparent, and Tenthar took her as an apprentice.

She left the tower in search of adventure - and the Orc leader Ghuluk....

Personality: She is kind and mildtempered, but decisive and thickheaded.

Hates orks as hell.. doesn't know much about the true elven culture, since she hasn't been in any elven city so far, and thus, she craves to know more.In Sundelessanar reveals more about her parents.

*As a specail skill, she has 2 proficiency in Longswords and can cast Cure Light wounds once per day*

FINAL PORTRAIT

AquaeM.jpg

original

ITEMS:

Feaglos +2

Tenthar Taerhamoos, Archmage of the Phoenix tower forged this weapons for his apprentice, Aquarillyane as she left the tower in search of adventure.

Feaglos is a perfect weapon for a mage, since it increases both his defensive skills and precision with the blade. At the same time it aids the wielder and strikes foes with magical fire.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D8 +1 (+1d6 Magic Fire)

THAC0: +4

Wielder is Aided

AC +2

Damage type: slashing

Weight: 4

Speed Factor: 5

Proficiency Type: Long Sword

Type: 1-handed

Requires: 6 Strength

Usable by:

Aquarillyane

*Thinking of re-naming it to Aeglos and give it Magical Cold Damage instead. *

QUESTS:

1. Tenthar Taerhamoos sends a spell image and asks for help. It appears that someone tried to kill him, but killed one of his apprentices insted. Tenthar killed the would-be assasin and found evidence that he was working for someone else...somone close to Amn.

2. After a attack by an orc party, Aquae recognizes Ghuluks symbol on one of the Orcs. You are to help her find him and avenge her parents.

3. Help her find out more about her parents. Elhan knows someone who can help, but he is in Sundellesanar and under attack. When you rescue the old elven court mage Daemah Hlaetharn, he reveals that her father was once of the Sundellessanar High Court Mages, but left the city when he met her mother.

4. Another quest to help Tenthar. Once can get it without Aquae in the group. A secret location of a powerfull item (or the item itself - depnding on the players calss/aligment) is the reward for this one.

BANTER:

Upon meeting her while she is fighting orcs.

Aquae: Travellers! I could use some assistance!

YOU:

a) Don't think so! Too many of them. Best of luck tough!(coward)

b) Back fould Orcs, or you shall fell what pain really is! (end)

c) I think I'd rather stay here and watch. It's amusing. And if you survive I could kill you. (evil bastard)

(coward)

Minsc: What? Is <CHARNAME> going to abandon a woman in need? Such cowardece Boo did not expect!

Anomen: Truly a path only a coward would choose! I will help, weather you will or not! (attacks orcs)

Arie: You...You would abandon her? How can you?

Keldorn: There is only one true path to take and I urge you to take it now, lest you fall into evil! I will not stand it! (attacks orcs)

Imoen: Really <CHARNAME>, you just can't do it!

YOU:

a) All right, all right. Let's go save her! (end)

b) I don't care! Now shut up and fall back in line! (Anomen & Keldorn leave your party to fight orcs Once they kil them all they will wait there and you can pick them up again)

(evil bastard)

Allmost as same as coward, only they don't call you a coward but rather a bastard.

-------------------

After the battle (if you helped her):

Aquae: I thank you for your help strangers. The orcs were many and I was tired.

YOU:

a) No problem. Bye and take care (end)

b) I only did it coause I wanted to kill you instead! (evilattack)

c) No problem. But what where you doing out here all alone? (meeting)

(meeting)

Aquae: Same as you I guess..Are you an adventurer?

YOU:

a) As a mater of fact I am (meet2)

b) No, I'm the <PRO_MANWOMAN> who's gonna kill you (evilattack)

(meet2)

Aquae:

IF PC IS MAGE/SORCERRER: I see you're a spellcaster too..

Aquae: How rude...Allow me to introduce myself. I am Aquarilyane Starsunder...Aquae for friends

YOU:

a) Nice to meet you Aquarillyane. I am <CHARNAME>. (meet3)

b) All very nice..But I goot run now..Bye and take care! (end)

(meet3)

Aquae: Say, you wouldn't have a need for a Sorceress in your party, would you <CHARNAME>?

YOU:

a) Nope. Sorry. (end)

b) Not right now. (bummer)

c) A mester of the arcane is allways welecome! (AQUAE JOIN)

(bummer)

Aquae: Very well my <PRO_LADYLORD>. I hope I shall see you again. Goodbye and safe journey. (end)

(evilattack)

Aquae: What? Well find, you will not find me easy prey! (end)

-----------

MORE BANTERS (WITH OTHER NPC's)

Edwin/Aquae #1

Edwin: (Now might be a good time) Soo..Aquae, is it?

Aquae: Yes?

Edwin: I see you are a master of the arcane arts just like me (well, allmost like me for I am truly the greatest)

Aquae: Actually, I'm a sorceress....

Edwin: DO tell.. What blood flows trough you veins? That of a dragon? Demon? God? (how very interesting)

Aquae: Just normal elven blood as far as I know.

Edwin: And you wield such powers? (Hmm..well, elves do have great affinity towards magic...I have to learn more)

Aquae: Sorcerrers are not that uncommon among my people. Our ties to the arcane are strong.

Edwin: (A mistery, a well of arcane powers and good looking too...) What do you say we take a stroll together and discuss the arcane?

Aquae: Untill you prove your good intentions consider yourself lucky I'm talking to you..

Edwin: What, what did I do? (Darn... just my luck. Her personality is all wrong.)

Aquae/Edwin#1

Aquae: EDWIN!

Edwin: (Blast it!) What?What? What did I do?

Aquae: I swear, if you cast that gust of wind spell under my dress just one more time I'l turn you into a cow!

Edwin: (She knows!) I have no idea what you are talking about. I have only been practicing some delicate enchantments, not actually casting spells. Besides, you haven't heard me chanting, now did you?

Aquae: Gust of wind doesn't require a somantic component! You think I was born yesterday?

Edwin: (Blast it again! How does she know that?) Really? I didn't know that. I have to try that spell one of these days...

Aquae: Just be sure you try it FAR AWAY from me!

Edwin: If you so insist.. (Now I have to think of another way... Invisibility? Wizards Eye? Yess...)

Aquae/Edwin#2

Aquae: Oh Edwiiiin!

Edwin: (Oh, oh...) Yes Aquae my dear? (She cought me...)

Aquae: You didn't perhaps cast wizards eye under my robe, now did you?

//(if Jaina is present) - Jaina: He's doing it again, isn't he?

Edwin: Erm... no.

///(if Thalia is present) - Thalia: Liar. Watch it with him Aquae...

Aquae: I don't belive you.

Edwin: I said I didn't do anything woman!

Aquae: So you wouldn't have anything against me casting a little lightning bolt there?

Edwin: (Gotta dispell it...quick.. Ahh...done!) No, why would I?

Aquae: Well... how about another spell? I have one that's just *perfect* for someone like you?

Edwin: Oh?

Aquae: It's called Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion if you get my meaning.

Edwin: O...Oh? (Blast it, blast it, blast it! - But what a spell!) Sounds...Interesting... Would you perhaphs share the details of that spell?

/// ---POSSIBLITY 1

Aquae: Try something like that just one more time and you'll feel it's effects..

Edwin: (Now I'm aroused...)

/// ---- POSSIBILITY 2

Aquae: I tought you'll never ask (casts the spell)

Edwin: AAAAAh...Ieeeeeee! The Horror! The Horror! (God's, what a spell!) (Edwin loses 10HP)

///(if Jaina is present) - Jaina: Serves him right...

Aquae/Jan #1

Aquae: So Jan, what got you into adventuring in the first place?

Jan: Well, like my old uncle-once-removed from my sisters side, Gumpy, said: "There's nothing like the shortage of turnips to stear one to the path of heroism!". In short - there was a shortage of turnips!

Aquae: Erm..turnips? Heroism?

Jan: Well, I know it's not what you expected, but Gumpy was asmart man. He smuggled for years before he was cought and excetuted.

Aquae: Well that doesn't sound very smart to me...Alltough that's not what surprises me..

Jan: Oh? What does surpriese you then?

Aquae: The fact that you don't talk too much right now...

Jan: That? Well, the writter was not inspiered. He had a bad day, since he went ot bed late, got up early, and then later had to see the dentist since on of his tooths became overly sensitive. And he had to walk the dog, fix his pc and study for the next exams. Mind you, that is what happens when you don't have a precise daily agenda planned and you don't use your time efficinetly. I meant talking about a total waste of time! And he doesn't even clean his room very often, and his desk is a mess. All that modern lifestyle crap - the more time it appears you have the more things you have to do, so it's actually worse. Did you know that tribes living in jungles lead a more healthier and happier life than a avarage western man, and they have more free time at their disposal. Siriously.

--

Jan : I did told him to buy a personal organizer, but did he listen? Nooo.

But it looks like he got inspired again since I'm talking really much now and I seem to have some difficulty at stopping. My poor mouth is allready dry and I think I'm loosing my voice, so you can stop now. O.k. - that's enough! Stop typing allready!

Aquae: Yes...quite...

Korogan/Aquae #1

Korogan: Blast ye lassie! Get outta me way when I'm figti'n!

Aquae: Well I have to get infont of you when casting Azngar Scorcher.. Or would you prefer I cast it trough you?

Korogan: That's not funny lassie. I didn't mean yer casti'n, I mean yer sword swingin!

Aquae: If you actually tried to keep some of the enemies away from me so I can cast spells in peace I wouldn't HAVE to use the sword!

Korogan: I'm not here to babysit some do-goodie elven infernal spellslinger! I hate elves, I hate do-gooders and I hate spellslingers! Whatch yer own back!

Aquae: Fine! Just don't complain when I go around swinging my sword then!

Korogna: Bah! I'll complain about whatever I want.

Aquae: Just do it quietly then.

Korogan. I'll do it as loud as I want!

Aquae: You said something?

Korogan: You sure are daft for one of the point-ears!

Aquae: What?

Korogan: I'm not waisti'n more time one this!

Aquae: (smiles)

Aquae/Korogan #1

Aquae: So....

Korogan: So what?

Aquae: So what made you become a adventurer?

Korogan: Non of yer buissnes lassie!

Aquae: I'm just curios.

Korogan: Well it doesn't suit ye well, so stop it!

Aquae: It can't really hurt anyone if you tell me.

Korogan: Blast it, I can hurt ye if ye don't stop!

Aquae: Don't be such a stiff!

Korogan: Damnable wench! If I tells ye, will ye shut up and quit pesering me?

Aquae: Yes...

Korogan: Fine then! I became an adventurer coa'se I likes beer, I likes to fight, I likes to travel and I likes to kill and spill the blood of me enemies!

Aquae: I'm sorry I asked..

Korogan: You better be! Now off with you!

Aquae/Arie #1

Aquae: So Arie.. I hear you are an avariel

Arie: While y..yes... before I was captured by the damnable slavers I flew around the sundabar mountains

Aquae: I never seen an actual avariel before. I only read about them.

Arie: How's that? My people allways kept contact with the elven cities nearby.

Aquae: I wasn't raised in an elven city... I have very little knowledge about my people actually.

Arie: Well, you can at least return to your people and they will gladly accept you. I'm without my wings. Hideous and unwanted!

Aquae: Arie, you're not hideus! And why do you think that people wouldn't want you back? You loosing your wings is no different than a human loosing a arm or a leg. And they are not shunned becoause of that.

Arie: You don't understand...You can't understand.

Aquae: Perrhaps you're right. What can I understand? The only elven thing about me is my blood..and even about that I'm not sure! With or without your wings you are still an avariel at heart. What am I?

Arie: I..I didn't mean it that way Aquae..

SOUNDSET:

SAY INITIAL_MEETING ~A star shines upon the hour of our meeting

SAY MORALE ~I hope this situation is just temporary

SAY HAPPY ~A fine aventuring group this is indeed.

SAY UNHAPPY_ANNOYED ~I fear we have strayed from our path a bit

SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS ~Have you lost your mind?

SAY UNHAPPY_BREAKING ~This is totaly, *totaly* wrong!

SAY LEADER ~I never saw myself as a leader type, but...why not? I'll give it a try..

SAY TIRED ~I'm tired. Gotta rest my head for a while.

SAY BORED ~I know elves live long, but I can't wait forever either!

SAY BATTLE_CRY1 ~Feel the might of the arcane!

SAY BATTLE_CRY2 ~You shall fall!

SAY BATTLE_CRY3 ~Be consumed!

SAY BATTLE_CRY4 ~Aure entuluva!

SAY DAMAGE ~~

SAY DYING ~~

SAY HURT ~Need...healing...NOW

SAY AREA_FOREST ~I can feel the nature around me - trees, grass and the animals. Oh, how I love it here.

SAY AREA_CITY ~Elven cities are far grander then this. Or at least that's what I read...

SAY AREA_DUNGEON ~These areas fill my heart with sorrow... Let's be done with this quickly and return to the surface.

SAY AREA_DAY ~The sun greets me warmly. Yet another beautifull day.

SAY AREA_NIGHT ~The beauty of the stars truly warms my spirit. What a magical night it is...

SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~Need my help?

SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~Yes?

SAY SELECT_COMMON3 ~You have my attention.

SAY SELECT_COMMON4 ~At your command.

SAY SELECT_COMMON5 ~You call?

SAY SELECT_COMMON6 ~My powers stir.

SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~Very well.

SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~It shall be done.

SAY SELECT_ACTION3 ~So be it.

SAY SELECT_ACTION4 ~A simple matter.

SAY SELECT_ACTION5 ~Only that?

SAY SELECT_ACTION6 ~But of course!

SAY SELECT_ACTION7 ~(sigh).O.k.

SAY SELECT_RARE1 ~I would prefer you keeping your hands off if you please!

SAY SELECT_RARE2 ~Click me baby..oh yeah!

SAY CRITICAL_HIT ~May the power tear you asunder!

SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~By the gods!

SAY TARGET_IMMUNE ~Hmm...formidalbe defences...but there allways is a way around!

SAY INVENTORY_FULL ~Sorry, no room for that.

SAY PICKED_POCKET ~What was yours, now is mine.

SAY HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS ~Stealth is your friend.

SAY SPELL_DISRUPTED ~Cover me! I can't cast spells this way!

SAY SET_A_TRAP ~Somobody is in for a world of hurt...

NPC #2

NAME: Thalia (Lastname = :(?)

RACE: elf

ALIGMENT: Lawfull Good

CLASS: Paladin (or some kit) / Cleric-Crusaider

Stats:

STR: 14

DEX: 18

CONT: 14

INT: 11

WIS: 14

CHA: 18

BIO - Thalia is one of the vey few elves to be accepted as a paldin. By most other elves she is viewed as an oddity, since those elves willing to serve good or some god choose the esteemed calling of a cleric (which is higly regarded in the elven society). That was quite a shock for her parents who reluctantly support her, but hope that one day she will come to her senses..

f_palM.jpg

ITEMS:

Chain of Light +3 or Thunderplate +2... still have to see..

QUESTS:

BANTERS:

Thalia/Korogan #1

Thalia: What are you looking at?

Korogan: I hates goody-do-gooders! And I hates elves!

Thalia: Well I hate vile, evil and uncultured dwarfs.

Korogan: Bah! Guess that makes us even then you point-eared lassie!

Thalia: Bah!

Korogan: Bah!

Thalia: Humph!

Korogan: HUMPH!

Thalia: You just have to have the last word, don't you?

Korogan: Aye!

Thalia: Well, we can go on like this but eventually I would win. Elves live longer (snicker).

Korogan: That's nothing that cannae be fixed!

Thalia: Was that a threat? Do you feel like eating my blade?

Korogan: Was THAT a threat?

Thalia: Just keep your mouth shut you demented, despicalbe midget!

Korogan: Blast ye, I'm not demented you tree-huggin wench!

Thalia: But you are despicalbe?

Korogan: Aye..That be true.

///

(if Jaheira is present) - Jaheira: Couldn't have said better myself..

Korogan: Keep yer muth shut!

(if Keldorn is present) - Keldorn: It is you who should keep his mout shut foul dwarf!

(if Anomen is present) - Anomen: I truly don't see why we are tagging him along <CHARNAME>

///

Thalia: Just watch it dwarf!

(if Jaina is present) - Jaina: For the both of us that is...

Korogan: This is what I gets for travelin with a bunch of wienies!

Mazzy/Thalia #1

(IF THALIA IS A PALADIN)

Mazzy: So Thalia, let me ask you something..

Thalia: Yes?

Mazzy: How come you are a paladin? You are a elf for crying out loud!

Thalia: Didn't Jaina tell you that paladin orders accept elves and helf-elves too

Mazzy: And halflings?

Thalia: I don't know...didn't ask

Mazzy: But I've never seen a elven paladin before? Why?

Thalia: Many reasons...I would say pride or tradition mostly..

Mazzy: What?

Thalia: Elves are proud. They most often tend not to follow in the footsteps of a human. And the calling of a cleric is highly regarded by my people, so those with aspirations similar to my own choose that path.

Mazzy: I see....and you still decided to go trough with it?

Thalia: Yes... I wanted to becoma a paladin more than anything else.

Mazzy: How did you people accepet that decision?

Thalia: Not particualy good, but that's something I do not want to get into now...

Thalia/Anomen #1

Thalia: Anomen, mind if I asked you something?

Anomen: Not at all.

Thalia: What made you become a knight?

Anomen: Many things. But it was something I wanted to be even as child. The knights calling and the high concepts of honour and justice make me feel like I am someone..doing something important.

Thalia: Is that why you wanted to join the order?

Anomen: It is the crown of my calling. There is no greater honour then beeing a member of the Order. But what about you?

Thalia: Me?

Anomen: Why did you decide to become a paladin?

Thalia: Well.. as I child as was allways headstong and ...let's say difficult and different.

Anomen: In other words a diffucult, spoiled child?

Thalia: Sort of.. But one day a paladin, Galdir, came to our city. My people offered him a place to rest from his long jurney. He stayed a couple of days and I talked with him alot. I found him very interesting, since he was like nothing I've seen before...

Anomen: Continue...

///

(if Jan is in the party)- Jan: Yes do, this sounds most interesting. More interestning than my aunt Orphelia's adventure in the neighbours crop field anyway...

Thalia: The third day we had a celebration in the woods and he was allso invited. It lasted until late in the night and stars and music filled the sky. It is then that a large Drow scouting party atacked. Galdir charged at them like a lion slaying them by the dozens. We won that battle and not one of the drow returned. Mostly thanks to him. But he died in that battle too. After that everything changed. From that moment on I wanted to be a paldin...

///

(if Jaheira is in the party) - Jaheira: That is very uncommon among the elves. An oddity.

Thalia: My parents weren't certanly pleased with my choice...bu I think they accepted it by now...

--------

SOUNDSET:

SAY INITIAL_MEETING ~I greet you.

SAY MORALE ~Darkness falls, but all is not lost.

SAY HAPPY ~I'm proud to be a part of this group. We follow the Light and do much good.

SAY UNHAPPY_ANNOYED ~This behavior is not acceptable. It better change.

SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS ~I'm not happy with the way things are going! Change your course!

SAY UNHAPPY_BREAKING ~By all that is holy, have you lost your mind completely!?

SAY LEADER ~Creatures of Darkenss, beware, for now I lead!

SAY TIRED ~Got to rest and recover my strenght.

SAY BORED ~Shall we move out allready? There's no sense in wasting time here.

SAY BATTLE_CRY1 ~Utulie'n aure!

SAY BATTLE_CRY2 ~Fall before me!

SAY BATTLE_CRY3 ~By the Light!

SAY BATTLE_CRY4 ~Auta i lome!

SAY DAMAGE ~~

SAY DYING ~~

SAY HURT ~I am not yet defeted!

SAY AREA_FOREST ~The sweet air of nature. Ahhh...how I longed for it. We should take our time while out here.

SAY AREA_CITY ~

SAY AREA_DUNGEON ~I shall clense this dark place from all evil.

SAY AREA_DAY ~

SAY AREA_NIGHT ~Night time. Foul creatures awake in the cloack of Darkness, yet the stars shine brightly showing that the Light can never be defeted!

SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~

SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~Yes?

SAY SELECT_COMMON3 ~I'm here to serve.

SAY SELECT_COMMON4 ~Speak.

SAY SELECT_COMMON5 ~You call?

SAY SELECT_COMMON6 ~Is there evil to smite?

SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~Aha.

SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~As you say.

SAY SELECT_ACTION3 ~So be it.

SAY SELECT_ACTION4 ~A simple matter.

SAY SELECT_ACTION5 ~Only that?

SAY SELECT_ACTION6 ~But of course!

SAY SELECT_ACTION7 ~For the Light!

SAY SELECT_RARE1 ~Do you want to keep that arm?

SAY SELECT_RARE2 ~Cut it out allready!

SAY CRITICAL_HIT ~Die servant od Darkness!

SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~Aaaa!

SAY TARGET_IMMUNE ~Nothing!? Well, I won't give up that easily!

SAY INVENTORY_FULL ~Allready have to much. Find someone else to carry that.

SAY PICKED_POCKET ~It's not quite right to steal..But I'll make an exception this time.

SAY HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS ~I strike Darkness from the darkness!

SAY SPELL_DISRUPTED ~My spell! You will not live to regreat this!

SAY SET_A_TRAP ~Come fould creatures. I've got a little present for you.

ok, there's just two bit's at the moment.

Feaglos +2

I would put the THACO down on this, to powerful otherwise, say +2-3

Thalia's stats are a bit high in my opinion, totaling at 91. It might be best if you put a point down from.....say, the DEX, as a Paladin it would be unlikely she would have time to train her DEX up due to always wearing heavy armor but with elvin blood it would make it naturally good. Of cause INT could take the hit instead :(

Godd basic ideas, but One or two points:

Please don't make direct references to the game in banters, I find nothing shatters the illusion like that. :(

Edwin is a touch more arrogant bastard than he is horny boy.

This:

/// ---- POSSIBILITY 2

Aquae: I tought you'll never ask (casts the spell)

Edwin: AAAAAh...Ieeeeeee! The Horror! The Horror! (God's, what a spell!) (Edwin loses 10HP)

is almost certain to erupt into a fireball contest, for example.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D8 +2 (+1d6 Magic Fire)

THAC0: +5

Wielder is Aided

AC +2

Damage type: slashing

Weight: 4

Speed Factor: 5

Proficiency Type: Long Sword

Type: 1-handed

Requires: 6 Strength

Usable by:

Aquarillyane

This thing is Hell on wheels. I'd wade through a dragon to get it. Probably the only thing keeping it under control is that Aquae is a sorceror. I'd say tone it down a little, but might play OK with testing.

The whole purpost of Aeglos IS to have a high THAC0, but I did tone it down a bit...

and yes - "that Evan Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intusion Spell" banterr is suppoed to be a comedy relief kinda thing

and beside...casting fireballs with something like THAT in your behind is not a easy task to say the least!:(

The whole purpost of Aeglos IS to have a high THAC0, but I did tone it down a bit...

and yes - "that Evan Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intusion Spell" banterr is suppoed to be a comedy relief kinda thing

and beside...casting fireballs with something like THAT in your behind is not a easy task to say the least!:(

I've run into this problem with my own NPCs quite a bit, both in tabletop gaming and the Hubelpot project. The question I ask myself is "How silly can you get before breaking characterization?" It's a personal call. I see Edwin as an Evil bastard who would respond with deadly force in this situation, but then I don't like and rarely use Evil NPCs. If you see Edwin as a cute grump, the dialog works.

As you have written him as a cute grump / Anime letch in all of his dialogs in this mod, I think the dialog fits here.

Hmmm....maby I *should* make Edwin more evil in this banters.. But I figured that he has more than enough "I'm the evil supercaster" dialouges allready and that's why I wanted to do this...

As to the direct references to the game - it's just in one banter (Thalia/Mazzy)

Hmmm....maby I *should* make Edwin more evil in this banters.. But I figured that he has more than enough "I'm the evil supercaster" dialouges allready and that's why I wanted to do this...

As to the direct references to the game - it's just in one banter (Thalia/Mazzy)

Those things which you see characters usually do, or which you see the game do not at all, are generally considered part of the atmosphere and characterization, and presuming you wish your efforts to feel integrated with the game, are there for a reason--to be followed.

Mazzy/Thalia #1

(IF THALIA IS A PALADIN)

Thalia: Didn't Jaina tell you that paladin orders accept elves and helf-elves too

Thalia: Rules

Thalia: Second Edition D&D rules. Old rules that have many flaws and many bright spots.

Mazzy: D&D?

Thalia: This is a GAME! We are just charachters! Bunch of zeroes and ones!

Mazzy: So how does that explain that I am not a paladin and you are?

Thalia: technicly, there is nothing stopping any modder from turning you into a paladin. Any creature or Party NPC can be any class...

Mazzy: Go on...

Thalia: But a PC can't select a elven paladin at the beginning, so they removed any such chrachter that havea race/class combination that is impossilbe for a player.

Mazzy: Taht STILL doesn't explain why you are a paladin.

Thalia: I'm part of a mod. They made me like this. They could have changed you, but left you as you were insted.. Probably didn't want to change cannon charachters too much.

Mazzy: Cursed modders!

I would like to summarise my feelings on this banter:

:):(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Mazzy/Thalia #1

(IF THALIA IS A PALADIN)

Thalia: Rules

Thalia: Second Edition D&D rules. Old rules that have many flaws and many bright spots.

Mazzy: D&D?

Thalia: This is a GAME! We are just charachters! Bunch of zeroes and ones!

Mazzy: So how does that explain that I am not a paladin and you are?

Thalia: technicly, there is nothing stopping any modder from turning you into a paladin. Any creature or Party NPC can be any class...

Mazzy: Go on...

Thalia: But a PC can't select a elven paladin at the beginning, so they removed any such chrachter that havea race/class combination that is impossilbe for a player.

Mazzy: Taht STILL doesn't explain why you are a paladin.

Thalia: I'm part of a mod. They made me like this. They could have changed you, but left you as you were insted.. Probably didn't want to change cannon charachters too much.

Mazzy: Cursed modders!

I would like to summarise my feelings on this banter:

:):(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Heh... It was slightly entertaining...

-Galactygon

There is a difference there, however. While the game's "third edition" conversation is quite transparent to anybody who knows what's being discussed, the conversation still makes sense within the context of the gameworld. In that sense, it is an in-joke that works: we are aware of the humor (let's call it "humor" for Andyr's sake) even if the characters are not.

"Thalia: This is a GAME! We are just charachters! Bunch of zeroes and ones!"

does not have any context within the gameworld. To put it mildly.

I have to agree with the others that the Mazzy/Thalia dialogue doesn't really help.

Mind you, if you just couched it in terms of a general dialogue along the lines of "Does it sometimes feel like we are just in a game? That someone, maybe the gods above and below just use us as pawns" would be one thing. When you start bringing in real world references like that, though, it really destroys the suspension of disbelief.

There is a difference there, however. While the game's "third edition" conversation is quite transparent to anybody who knows what's being discussed, the conversation still makes sense within the context of the gameworld. In that sense, it is an in-joke that works: we are aware of the humor (let's call it "humor" for Andyr's sake) even if the characters are not.

I suppose it is a little odd that I am peeved by this and not Bondari reloads... :)

Archived