Beta Testing the Latest Version

Finally finished the IWD portion, Easthaven in Pieces.

1. Everard was not in the stockade. He appeared after I loaded a saved game from AR1106.

2. I could save in AR1106. The only place you should be able to save is AR1107.

3. Transfer point from AR1101 to AR1102 is unreachable.

4. Pomab did not create his "images" though he did start jumping through the mirrors. He did not use the wand of lightning, which he should.

5. Transfer point from AR1103 to AR1104 is unreachable.

6. When the Gate is opened by Poquelin, the stone doesn't disappear.

7. When Everard seals the Gate, Poquelin's spell kills him. He should vanish, not fall dead.

8. The iron golems move toward me, but remain blue and do not attack.

9. After Belhifet teleports the first time, he moves to attack but does nothing.

10. When Belhifet falls, there is no death animation

11. When Belhifet falls the ToB end credits run, not the end movie and IWD credits.

I created several ice salamanders outside the aquarium with no slowdown. I did it inside the empty aquarium and it began slowing down with six or so in close proximity. It may be there's too many things going on there...

My barbarian is 24th level, has about 2,900,000XP, but shows he needs 4,250,000XP to get to the next level. I took a save at 12th level, leveled up using SetCurrentXP and had no problems all the way up to 30th level (HoW cap). Strange thing, this...

I'll start the HoW portion next.

When I load up IWD in BGII, it takes me to the selection screen for SoA or ToB. If I then click on either one, it takes me to the main screen for that game. If I try to start a new game through BGII, it takes me to Irenicus' Dungeon. I am following all the directions exactly, so I am really not sure what the problem is :)

Just a wild guess here.

Are you running BGMain.exe or Baldur.exe from within your IWD in BGII directory?

If you use Baldur.exe it will start BGII because it uses your computer's registry and loads up BGII from wherever it is at. If you use BGMain.exe it should start the game with all of its IWD glory...

Ok, I just installed this mod, went step by step to install it, as per Mr. Weimer's directions in this forum and there is no BGMain.exe file in my Ice_tutu folder. There is a Baldurs.exe, which takes me directly to the Soa/Tob startup screen. Below is my Weidu list for the folder.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #15 // BIFF everything

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #20 // convert animations

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #50 // copy over MOS and BMP files

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #60 // Convert GUI

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #90 // copy over dialog sounds

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #100 // copy over portraits

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #151 // fix awkward/broken area transitions

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #180 // merge maps

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #210 // convert music

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #240 // Do ad hoc fixes to imperfectly converted items

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #260 // Item usability for classes and kits

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #310 // David's tailored scripting replacements: ChangeCurrentScript

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #320 // David's tailored scripting replacements: HelpEX

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #330 // David's tailored scripting replacements: SavedLocation (part 1)

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #350 // script replacements needed for other reasons

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #360 // Sort out Pomab's battle

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #361 // Equip()

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #420 // put spells in spell slots

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #430 // Thieves use light crossbows

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #440 // No spells can be 10th level

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #450 // sort out projectile animations

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #460 // scripting microtweak: Apsel

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #470 // Make all transitions NPC-friendly

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #490 // Misc bugfixes

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #500 // Reveal Areas on Map

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #510 // Handle HoW transition

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #520 // Containers

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #530 // Turn off the "conversable" flag

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #550 // Item microtweak: Raise Dead scrolls ought to be target: dead

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #560 // Resting in towns

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #580 // Collected EXE hacks

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #600 // Decompress NARR files

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #610 // Extended night fix

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #10 // Initialise

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install NPCs

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Detectable Spells

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Better calls for help

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved General AI

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ease-of-use party AI

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Add map notes

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Make Heart of Winter accessible at any level

~HOTFIX/SETUP-HOTFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fixed copy of string-set component

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #40 // copy over misc cre animations

Try iwd_in_bg2-v4.exe, by DavidW... and then install the hotfix v4.2 on it.

I presume I will have to totally delete the 1st install and start from scratch then? Okie Dokie! Thanks for the quick reply Jarno, much appreciated!

OK, still a No go here. I have clean installs, with the correct ToB patch. Ran v.4 and the hotfix v4.2. I have no BGMain.exe in my folder, just the Baldur.exe, which loads up the SoA /ToB startup screen. Here's the Mediafire link to my setup-iwd_in_bg2 folder....

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6cb4020...04e75f6e8ebb871

I presume I will have to totally delete the 1st install and start from scratch then? Okie Dokie! Thanks for the quick reply Jarno, much appreciated!
Yes, yes.

But then, was the new BG2(SoA and ToB both with the patch v(2.5.)26498) installation a full one, and unmoded? (It should take about 2.5 to 2.7 Gb in size on your hard drive).

OK, still a No go here. I have clean installs, with the correct ToB patch. Ran v.4 and the hotfix v4.2. I have no BGMain.exe in my folder, just the Baldur.exe, which loads up the SoA /ToB startup screen.
Well, the BGMain.exe should be there(in the BG2 game folder) without any mods... so I wouldn't know.

Have to ask these, just to make sure: What's your Operation system(Win XP, Vista...)?

You do have IwD(1+HoW+TotLM patch), as a full install?

When you run the iwd_in_bg2-v4.exe unpacks, it should run on it's own just like any other WeiDU mod and ask for your BG2 directory, so did it? By the way do not install it to the same directory as the BG2 is...

If it didn't, you just need to run the , which then will ask for the BG2 directory.

Soon after that(about 10 minutes) it will ask for the other game directory(IwD) and go on it's marry way until the end...(I forgot what it does next).

Yes, yes.

But then, was the new BG2(SoA and ToB both with the patch v(2.5.)26498) installation a full one, and unmoded? (It should take about 2.5 to 2.7 Gb in size on your hard drive).

OK, still a No go here. I have clean installs, with the correct ToB patch. Ran v.4 and the hotfix v4.2. I have no BGMain.exe in my folder, just the Baldur.exe, which loads up the SoA /ToB startup screen.
Well, the BGMain.exe should be there(in the BG2 game folder) without any mods... so I wouldn't know.

Have to ask these, just to make sure: What's your Operation system(Win XP, Vista...)?

You do have IwD(1+HoW+TotLM patch), as a full install?

When you run the iwd_in_bg2-v4.exe unpacks, it should run on it's own just like any other WeiDU mod and ask for your BG2 directory, so did it? By the way do not install it to the same directory as the BG2 is...

If it didn't, you just need to run the , which then will ask for the BG2 directory.

Soon after that(about 10 minutes) it will ask for the other game directory(IwD) and go on it's marry way until the end...(I forgot what it does next).

Hi Jarno,

- Win XP is my Operating system

- Yes, I have a fresh install, IWD + HoW + Tolm w/ patch, also a Fresh SoA + ToB + Latest patch, the patch ending 98, like the previous directions said to do in this forum.

- Yes, when I run iwd_in_bg2-v4.exe, it unpacks and runs itself, then asks for the BG2 directory? There is a warning when asking for the directiory to not add... some type of slash or something, i don't remeber what, to the directory name. When I tried it w/out the backslahes, it just errored, saying the path was bad. For my system, that would be C:/ProgramFiles/BlackIsle/SoA - BGII. It then wants a Ctl-Z and enter to follow. It loads for a while, then it asks for my IWD directory, which is C:/ProgramFiles/BlackIsle/IcewindDale, also requiring the Ctl-Z and enter to follow. Then it loads some Weidu menus/info? showing possible install/uninstall stuff, don't really know what that is, requiring me to hit enter to continue, not asking for any input, just enter to continue. So I do that. Then it loads all the way thru in about a 1/2 hour. Then I run the Hot fix v.4.2, then the tweakpack. But the only BGMain Icon is not an .exe file. The Icon looks like a white sheet with the top right corner folded over and a windows symbol in the middle. I can't load from there, it just errors. It is not executable by double clicking.

- And yes, i am loading this into a IWDtutu folder, not running it in BG2 folder. I have used BGtutu/BGT and Classic Adventures in the past, with many mods loaded to my BG2 game as well. I *think* i have a decent understanding of how this should load, as my experience with other mods has gone pretty well, but this one is stumping me?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Blades

But the only BGMain Icon is not an .exe file. The Icon looks like a white sheet with the top right corner folded over and a windows symbol in the middle. I can't load from there, it just errors. It is not executable by double clicking.

This sounds quite suspicious. What kind of file is it? Can you turn on "show file extensions" (Tools -> Folder Options -> 'View' tab) and/or take screenshots to find out?

But the only BGMain Icon is not an .exe file. The Icon looks like a white sheet with the top right corner folded over and a windows symbol in the middle. I can't load from there, it just errors. It is not executable by double clicking.

This sounds quite suspicious. What kind of file is it? Can you turn on "show file extensions" (Tools -> Folder Options -> 'View' tab) and/or take screenshots to find out?

What does the BGMain.exe file look like when the game installs correctly? Am i just not doing somethong right to start the game. I have noticed this icon I am seeing is the same BGMain icon i see in my SoA folder, if that helps. That one doesn't do anything when double-clicked either, other than loading into an error message.

What does the BGMain.exe file look like when the game installs correctly? Am i just not doing somethong right to start the game. I have noticed this icon I am seeing is the same BGMain icon i see in my SoA folder, if that helps. That one doesn't do anything when double-clicked either, other than loading into an error message.

How the icon looks is unimportant, you just want to verify that the file is an .exe by turning on the viewing of file extensions. To assuage any doubts, I think mine looks like what you described.

From what you're saying, it sounds like your BG2 installation was unsuccessful. Have you tried running BG2?

How the icon looks is unimportant, you just want to verify that the file is an .exe by turning on the viewing of file extensions. To assuage any doubts, I think mine looks like what you described.

From what you're saying, it sounds like your BG2 installation was unsuccessful. Have you tried running BG2?

Yes, BG2 works fine, though the executable file is the Baldur's.exe, not BGMain.... I can also acces BG2 thru the Baldur's.exe file in my new IWDtutu file as well, linke Plainab pointed out earlier in htis thread.

Yes, BG2 works fine, though the executable file is the Baldur's.exe, not BGMain.... I can also acces BG2 thru the Baldur's.exe file in my new IWDtutu file as well, linke Plainab pointed out earlier in htis thread.

Baldur.exe launches the bgmain.exe of whatever BG2 directory you have officially installed (it's stored in the registry as part of the installer). So, your BG2 bgmain.exe file should work on its own. To help explain, if you copied your entire BG2 directory to a new folder and installed a bunch of mods to the new directory (basically what IWD-in-BG2 does), you could run the new modded game by running the bgmain.exe in its folder, but if you ran its baldur.exe, that would launch the bgmain.exe of your original, unmodded BG2.

Baldur.exe launches the bgmain.exe of whatever BG2 directory you have officially installed (it's stored in the registry as part of the installer). So, your BG2 bgmain.exe file should work on its own. To help explain, if you copied your entire BG2 directory to a new folder and installed a bunch of mods to the new directory (basically what IWD-in-BG2 does), you could run the new modded game by running the bgmain.exe in its folder, but if you ran its baldur.exe, that would launch the bgmain.exe of your original, unmodded BG2.

Ok, then should there be a BGmain.exe file in my original BG2-SoA folder? There isn't.... is it located deeper, in one of the folders, like the override folder?

Ok, then should there be a BGmain.exe file in my original BG2-SoA folder? There isn't.... is it located deeper, in one of the folders, like the override folder?

Yes, there should be one directly inside your BGII - SoA folder. If you're still having trouble locating or running the bgmain.exe in your IWD-in-BG2 folder, please turn on file extensions as noted earlier and take some screenshots of the contents of the directory (Print Screen button then paste into paint program), upload them somewhere, and link them here. Also, a screenshot of the error message you mentioned earlier when running your other bgmain.exe could be helpful.

Yes, there should be one directly inside your BGII - SoA folder. If you're still having trouble locating or running the bgmain.exe in your IWD-in-BG2 folder, please turn on file extensions as noted earlier and take some screenshots of the contents of the directory (Print Screen button then paste into paint program), upload them somewhere, and link them here. Also, a screenshot of the error message you mentioned earlier when running your other bgmain.exe could be helpful.

Okay, I will need a few hours, as i'm at work right now and the PC is home. Thanks for your patience.

Archived