Beta Testing the Latest Version

So plainab was right and I feel like an idiot. Thank you for all the help guys! Time to enjoy this awesome mod :rolleyes:

I'm going to repeat my usual health warning: this is in no way a stable or bug-free mod. It's in open beta-testing, and if you want to participate (which you're more than welcome to), then you should expect to find many bugs, large and small.

I'll probably need a whole new thread for silly questions, but I guess I should post here:

- installed IWD-in-BG2, v4, hotfix 4.2:

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #15 // BIFF everything

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #20 // convert animations

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #60 // Convert GUI

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #100 // copy over portraits

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #110 // convert soundsets

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #210 // convert music

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #430 // Thieves use light crossbows

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #560 // Resting in towns

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #580 // Collected EXE hacks

~IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #600 // Decompress NARR files

~HOTFIX/SETUP-HOTFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fixed copy of string-set component

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Better calls for help

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Add map notes

My BIG problem:

- when the game starts, I don't see dialog menu. The lower part of the screen is black(when I move my cursor there, I just get cursor prints). So, I can't continue the game.

Small problems:

- during the installation, the game copied unnecessary files from BG2 directory(for example, a 500 mb virtual CD). Was my fault for leaving it there, but still.

- GUI: our main menu is surrounded by four pretty "wooden" stripes. In my game, left stripe and upper stripe are not a part of the picture: they hang separately in the upper left corner. (Might be my fault: BGMain.exe was changed by Widescreen mod in BG2 installation. Otherwise my BG2 installation was pristine).

- my computer is rather fast, but still, when I import a character or edit and confirm his/her biography, it hangs for 10-15 seconds.

Sorry if it sounds silly; sorry if I missed something - I did my best to read the instructions, but I still can't get the dialogue menu.

My BIG problem:

- when the game starts, I don't see dialog menu. The lower part of the screen is black(when I move my cursor there, I just get cursor prints). So, I can't continue the game.

While you installed the Widescreen mod, did you use the WeiDU.exe v2.11 beta as the installer .exe("WeiDU.exe" from the archive renamed as "setup-widescreen.exe"), as you should, is this should remove the green bar etc. other interface problems from the lower end of the screen.

Unless that's a NVidia card problem... that just need to be adjusted from the BGConfig.exe in the game directory, just like in normal BG2 game.

No, I use ATI card, but good idea with Weidu beta.(edit: no, I can't see it: there's only 210 version at beta link) I'll try and reinstall anyway.
Well, the link I showed to you has the v210+some beta fixes and thus I called it as v2.11 beta.

So, confirmed:

- a definite lag when I press "Done" while choosing/editing Biography or importing a character; no lag on choosing Biography, if "clear" was chosen and bio is empty,

- when I try to select weapons(fist)m both fists are highlighted(three fists, if it's a warrior),

- upon hitting ALT-Tab and then returning to the game the font is often lost - in my dialogue window/profile(when I try and customize NPC's scripts) I see lines of abra kadabra. In a new conversation(after another pair of ALT-Tabs) the proper dialogue font returns(or not returns - random),

- no journal entry upon receiving a "bugs in Easthaven tavern" quest,

- when I choose a room in an inn, the chosen room(peasant, merchant) doesn't get highlighted by cursor(like it was in BG2),

- First level priest spell Remove Fear only affects the caster, not the party members nearby(the icon only appears on my priest's portrait),

- there is no correct way out of the area where the missing caravan is(you can get to this area by exiting Easthaven, but there's no way out - the "exit area" icon just doesn't appear in the right place; it appears somwhere over the rocks, not over the area border), same goes for caves in Kuldahar pass and the tower - exits are not as clear as they were in IWD,

- in Everard's Temple, you can buy as many healing/antidote/etc potions as you want. Since it's not possible in BG2/tutu(and where it's possible, fixpacks take care of it), it may be worth patching. Same goes for Gerth's Kuldahar shop(throwing axes, for example), Kuldahar smithy and others,

- my inquisitor guy has a Mind Shield icon upon him(no magical equipment, though). As Keldorn doesn't have it, probably my paladin shouldn't, either?

- when removing a char from a party, "done" key is empty and has no name(the empty button s in the middle of the bottom of the screen, and the name of the key is right under "remove" key, on the right side of the screen),

- when I look at my saved game - .gam file - in Near Infinity, I do not see other NPCs - only my protagonist(with "export allowed flag") replicated six times in six slots. With BG2 saves, it was definitely different,

- in Kuldahar Inn, in the room where the innkeeper is, there's something wrong with the floor: green circles on party members show near the exit, but disappear when the party crosses the room,

- Theric and his undead do not attack in the tomb, and my archers slay them easily(Vale of Shadows)

- my first level barbarian girl rolled 23 hp on character creation(16 CON, elf),

- my game crashed twice while I tried to deal with broken armor from Theric's cave(it had a "open container" option, too). I decided to leave it alone,

- there are _a lot_ of shadows near the main tomb in the Vale of Shadows. I do _not_ have the spawns at max, I play at normal difficulty, and I remember that in IWD, there were nor nearly as many of them,

- ring of the warrior in Theric's cave has a "ring of protection" icon, whereas the cloak of protection I found at the mill had a completely different icon. I'm for using BG2 standards(since it's BG2 engine, it's "all for comfort of BG2 players"), but it's just me.

HoW:

- on Lonelywood map there are four or five map notes that say "Tower of Orrick the Grey"

- Quick-save and Auto-save are marked "ToB"

Serious:

- at the very beginning of some of my games I could not save: the game encountered a runtime error during a save and/or quicksave and closed. (I thought it was IWD NPC, but I did some experiments and - no, I have saves with and without them. It might be a protagonist imported from ToB with ToB items/or just a sorceress protagonist - at least, it happened with three random sorceress protagonists, two of them newly created).

(By the way, it's only my opinion, but I like the way IWD exp is distributed - bad for solo-ers, that is. If it depended on me, I'd ask if "soloers get X6 experience" tweak, if any, was optional in the future. The way it is now seems logical to me, and right, somehow. But it's just me.)

I'm having problems installing v4. I unpack the .exe and it runs fine until a second after I give the IWD directory. Then it displays the WeiDU options menu. I hit enter a few times and it chugs along through the installation. Upon completion, I checked the .DEBUG file and found two components had not installed, collected string updates (which I expected) and convert soundsets. Checking the debug file further I discovered this error:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "iwd_in_bg2/real_override/ign_21.wav")

(Warning: starting from Kresselack's tomb, I play via CTRL-Y and CTRL-R - unfortunately, my skills as a player were not enough - the game is too difficult, and the spawning monsters too numerous).

- In Kresselack's tomb, second level, I can bypass the closed doors: the "open door" icon is still present. (and, yeah, these "open door" icons can be difficult to find, as I said earlier)

- Arundel refuses to acknowledge that we've done Kresselack's quest and killed Auril's girl, Lysan. He still says his "you must make haste" line.

Global("AR3000_Visited", "GLOBAL", 1) - here's the problem. In my game, for example, it doesn't exist. These "visited" vars probably need careful examining. And, yes, same goes for

Global("AR3600_Visited", "GLOBAL", 1) and so on.

- Dragon's Eye is not available, if you exit Kuldahar on the left, to Kuldahar Pass. If you exit to the right, to the Vale of Shadows, Dragon's Eye are becomes available.

Same is true for the Severed Hand. Maybe for other "big" areas, too.

- The exit from the first level of Dragon's Eye is not available properly: due to the location of the door icon, my party can just shift helplessly and listen to "you must gather your party" line.

(As I said, yes, door icons are a weak point). Same with AR4004.

- Dragon's Eye, level 2, Mother Egenia(sp?) doesn't have anything to say to me(and I can't test my IWD NPC dialogue through her). PRobably it's about these pecky SPRITE_IS_DEAD and TalonitesDead/SomethingelseDead variables. Setting the variable corrects it.

- I do not see the Rest button. I see it in R(character sheet), and I can use taverns, but I do not see it in main menu(when the party wanders the dungeon).

- Dragon's Eye, level 4, says at rest: either find an inn or rest outside, you cannot rest here - even after you revealed the plot and killed the monsters. Not sure it's good

- Dragon's Eye, level 5: after the main battle, where we receive the gem, the invisible and hostile odd little girl remains, and my party members keep slashing at her.

- Arundel's death upstairs: his avatar, his dying figure is not visible until the conversation is over, we are talking to an empty room.

GlobalGT("ARUNDEL_DEAD","GLOBAL",0) - variable does not get set, and IWD NPC loses two plot-critical dialogues(but I must've mentioned various IsDead variables above already).

I enjoy the graphics, and I'm very happy the conversion is available. But I'm rather shocked at the fact that the game is not possible to complete without SetGlobal and MoveToArea commands: I mean, if it's a (open) beta, at least one person should've done at least one playthrough, right? It confuses me. I'll try and do my best to complete this playthrough with console, though - here's hoping it will be at least of some help, as I, too, want the conversion to work.

(By the way, it's only my opinion, but I like the way IWD exp is distributed - bad for solo-ers, that is. If it depended on me, I'd ask if "soloers get X6 experience" tweak, if any, was optional in the future. The way it is now seems logical to me, and right, somehow. But it's just me.)

I disagree. If we are shooting for a BGTutu type conversion, then the quest XP should be "party" as per vanilla IWD. The current situation doesn't just limit soloers, but parties of less than six. I will, however, agree that a tweak is a reasonable way to fix this.

Just finished a run through the Vale of Shadows. I'll run it again just in case I've a corrupted save because:

1. Loaded a saved game in Kuldahar before going to the Vale. Orogs appear and attack the villagers, and Arundel is outside his house attacking me. I can talk to him, he never turns red, but he is constantly attacking.

2. On the initial entry into the Vale, the lesser shadows are triple the proper count. They respawn correctly. I've had a good Kuldahar save that did not multiply these.

3. The ancient and broken armors found in the tombs have an "Open Container" button which, if clicked, crashes the game.

4. I was unable to open the coffin in the crypt north of the big statue and yeti. Trying crashed the game.

5. Like Kulyok, I could enter level three of Kresselack's tomb without opening the doors.

6. When I return to Kuldahar, Arundel is still attacking me and does not recognize I've finished the Vale.

As stated, I'll rerun the Vale using a save prior to entering Kuldahar. I still have the Kuldahar save if you want to look at it.

Okay, testing the expansion here, and things are not well, I'm afraid:

- Tales of the Luremaster expansion is not available. There's something with the tiles of the floor or Lonelywood tavern(just like inKuldahar inn), and halfling man does not spawn(not sure if he spawns and is invisible, because cursor doesn't show him).

- Barbarian camp, AR9200, does not load(neither normally nor through MoveToArea). I'm sorry, but without it it's impossible to proceed further in Heart of Winter.

I had no problems at all with the entire Severed Hand chapter, but I played through CTRL-Y's.

Dorn's deep AR6001: it's impossible to cross the bridge and go downstairs: bad door sign(exit) location again. "You must gather your party", and this is it.

AR6002: same thing with left door(one in a big "cage", not one behind the round table).

AR6003 does not want to load at all.

AR6010(circle of runes): after I solve the puzzle, the animation doesn't change, the stairs do not appear. The stairs _icon_, however, appears, and the party is able to proceed downstairs.

AR6011 - no exits and no entries - no exit icons, I mean. I have to exit this area via console. The player will be stuck.

The tomb in the Hall of Heroes, with Terikan's journal - it's trapped. When this trap works, the game crashes. When my thief disarms the trap, everything is fine.

Dorn's deep, cold forge: after completing Norlinor's task it's still cold forge: no working forge animation/area move, the party is not able to take the key and proceed.

(When I moved to "working forge area" via console, I noticed something strange: Norlinor(can't speak: "busy") was hovering near the forge, downstairs, and when I opened the container, it immediately closed, so I had to pause the game. It's as if an extra script was working in the background.)

OK, I've gone through Kuldahar and the Vale again with a save from before entering Kuldahar. If I don't start from a save in Kuldahar everything's fine. If I start with a save in Kuldahar I have the neo-orog/Arundel problem. I'll have to check if it happens if I'm inside somewhere.

1. The broken and ancient armors still have an "open container" option that crashes the game.

2. The crypt in AR3302 crashes the game if the trap goes off.

3. Theric doesn't attack though hostile, though unlike Kulyok the zombies did.

4. Lesser shadows near the entrance to K's tomb were doubled (8 v. 4).

5. The global that Arundel uses to send you to the Temple of the Forgotten God is not being set.

So far I'm pretty much finding the same as Kulyok.

- More than once I experienced a crash on running a map when first entering an area(Dorn's Deep main cave, Chapter 5 main area). On reloading crash disappears

- Entrance to AR7002 - again, "you must gather your party"; not possible to enter. Same when exiting AR7000 straight to AR7005. Same when exiting AR7005 to AR7004.

In AR7004 it's not possible to go through the small tunnel between caves within the area from big cave to the smaller one(and as such, impossible to kill the priest(mage?) within).

- It looks like 8008_SALAMANDERS_DEAD variable does not get set/incremented.

(Guello's quest cannot complete - maybe because of that).

- AR8003(gnome pit) does not load.

- exit from AR8001 to AR8008 - party cannot enter.

- brother Perdiem's area: even after we destroyed the altar, some of the Bone Golems continued to be alive(I mean, they all should've died, without exception).

- after Marketh is dead, Ginafae's conversation still remains at "Marketh is alive - don't hurt him"(again, IsDead variables).

- AR8009 does not load

- AR8010 does not load

(please note that while I try to visit all areas, I may have missed one or more)

- I cannot exit from AR8012 to AR8013 with my party("must gather your party..."). Mind you, I had to create "krilag" and "malavon" items(badges) to even try it.

- in Easthaven Finale, Everard was not with other villagers. Maybe it's like with Arundel: his "wounded" animation doesn't show, and we can't talk to him(finish the game/check IWD NPC Severn's dialogue).

- I cannot exit from AR1101 to AR1102 with my party("must gather your party...").

- I cannot exit from AR1103 to AR1104 with my party("must gather your party...").

- during the final cutscene with Everard, Jerrod's stone animation does not disappear and reappear, it just remains(and as such, the player will not understand Everard's sacrifice).

- after the demon dies, we do not see the final movie(the coolest of all - where we find out who the narrator is!), but we get Throne of Bhaal credits instead.

Archived