Kivan's Voice Actor Needed

Awsome, I am displaced from my rig due to the in-laws visit, but I'll try my best to get to it as soon as I can get to my machine!!! Aww, withdrawl is kicking in. Hey, if everything goes good, maybe we can dream up the V9 with the voicing? :(

maybe a mix of Kivan and the rangers from Warcraft???

Yes, please. Heh, I know this is an old post, but still, I had to express my appreciation for a combination between Kivan's voice and the rangers from Warcraft. :(

files have FINALLY been sent....please let me know what you think.

I'm not Domi (obviously...) but still want to say a bloody "YAY!" and give you a -from-the-heart "thank you".

Hey, if everything goes good, maybe we can dream up the V9 with the voicing?

*starts dreaming and silently cheering the both of you on*

I like :crazyeyes: I sent you a couple of tips on the finishing up your record (and a bunch of lines, LOL!), but otherwise, I love the voice, and they are definetly a go!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean ummm, glad you like the voice! :groucho:

Okay, for everyone who are interested in the progress: Ana edited all the files, I finished sound tagging all of them just now, and Thorn is diligently recording the voice (which I still need to edit). So, it seems that after all these years we are as close to having a voiced version as we've ever been. Great thanks to both Ana and Thorn for their enthusiasm, cheerful and able participation!

Guest Rhyeira

Any idea yet about how long this might take? Approximately? Roughly? :)

I'm absolutely loving Kivan (probably best mod I've ever played :laugh: ), and since I am thinking about starting yet another run with him (the fifth or so, I think), I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to wait for his voicing...

Sounds like you've got your voice set. I was going to offer, because I've recently met a co-worker with a home studio. If I'd had the equipment, I would have offered a long time ago (circa 2006). I've got a background in broadcasting, that would have helped I suppose.

As a side note to everyone's ideas of filters:

All good ideas, but (IMHO) the best and cheapest filter you can get -- 3-4 inch diameter indoor Nerf-type ball (not the kind with the hard coating, just the plain foam). Make a slice on one side and shove it on. You'll be amazed at how much it cuts out noise, plus how much spit it can catch... :laugh: There are 'professional' filters which look just like them but are much more expensive.

Well, Thorn sent me 15 lines so far out of 431, which I neglected to edit so far... I feel bad about this and all, but at least this is an honest answer. That's where the matters are right now and have been since May 2008. So, I am afraid I don't see the voicing happening any time, or at least any time soon. Unless we switch the voice actor again, and switching the voice actor means I need to find Thorn and ask him what's up and all that. All and all, I just can't summon any enthusiasm for BG2 in general or Kivan in particular.

Archived