Kivan's Voice Actor Needed

I got some seriously good assistance from Ascension64 in eliminating the noise for one of our RE submissions - cmorgan's; I think Meira and Darios published a tutorial on this, too(though it has proved too complicated for me, I admit). I mean, maybe asking for help in General Mod Discussion is worth it? Domi and Domi's Kivan have a lot of fans.

Forget the computer fan! I have problems with the window fans coming through loud and clear in every line, but I don't dare shut them down, or I die.

that's the problem I've been having. No matter what I can still hear the fan loud and clear....

Heh, thank you! I actually managed to get a decent quality by attaching a sheet of paper to the mike when I was recording for Romantic Encounters, though I think it was till noisy.

Guest Guest
Heh, thank you! I actually managed to get a decent quality by attaching a sheet of paper to the mike when I was recording for Romantic Encounters, though I think it was till noisy.

a piece of paper?

Have to admit, never thought of that. Going to give it a try.

Barring using a mike with built-in noise reduction, paper will work, as will other material such as thin foam or mesh, a la a real microphone wind screen. If you have thin foam padding, maybe some that was once used for protection around a computer part during shipment, that should do the trick. You can also try placing a piece of pantyhose/stockings between your mouth and the microphone. I recommend asking your mother/sister/wife before stealing a pair. :cry:

Barring using a mike with built-in noise reduction, paper will work, as will other material such as thin foam or mesh, a la a real microphone wind screen. If you have thin foam padding, maybe some that was once used for protection around a computer part during shipment, that should do the trick. You can also try placing a piece of pantyhose/stockings between your mouth and the microphone. I recommend asking your mother/sister/wife before stealing a pair. :)

Indeed, using pantyhose is ideal for a pop filter, and this technique is used in professional recording studios.

Of course, the mic should run to a mixing board before the signal goes to the computer, under the best of circumstances...or through a mic preamp...but even the feeble computer mic (built-in or external) will work in a pinch :)

Aurally yours,

Eric

I was just wondering what the status was on the voice acting. Still looking? In the works? Decided against?

Reason I ask is I would interested in trying it out if its not stepping on toes, hooves or tails. I pulled my old band equipment out in blaze of dust and gore after seeing this topic. Then realize maybe it wasn't needed.

Anyway just curious.

Someone actually wanted to start on it just before Christmas, but got sidetracked by the holiday merriment. But if you want to voiceact, please, stick around. I fancy doing a full voice acting for A Deathstalker with a bunch of roles still up for grabs and so on. :)

Cool that would be great.

I actually managed to get a half decent ogg recording done so I thought maybe I would try and put together a basic voice set just for fun and practice.

Well let me know. I'll be around, I know I just signed up but I've actually been coming by here for about a half year or so. Lol Finally got the courage to sign up and say something I suppose.

Guest Guest_Thorn_*

I had the samples all ready to go....finally. But then my (insert favorite swear word here) rommmate went a got a virus on the shared computer that wiped everything out.

So while I would love to still be considered for this, if I'm passed over, no one's faulyt but my own.

Archived