SR V3

Demivrgvs

Mike/Demi: can you give me the details of how I code GD-avoidance?

If the local variable 'dvgldust' is set to 1, the creature is covered in dust. If it's set to 0, they're not.

If you don't already have a copy of the latest v3 beta, Demi should be able to hook you up so we can see how this ends up working.

Mike/Demi: can you give me the details of how I code GD-avoidance?

If the local variable 'dvgldust' is set to 1, the creature is covered in dust. If it's set to 0, they're not.

If you don't already have a copy of the latest v3 beta, Demi should be able to hook you up so we can see how this ends up working.

Sure, let me know if you want it!

Today I'll probably start to test new SR. Any mods reccomended? Any hotfixes?
Monday I'll be able to test also, so if there's any new beta version I'd be pleased to know :party:
Great to have you back! I can send you an updated version but except for Fire Trap which wasn't working at all (because of a V4 implementation reverted back to V3 too quickly) I've fixed only incredibly small issues. Mike should have almost done proofreading all the descriptions (I already refined most of them, but he's doing even a much better job imo).

So, after creating a Sorcerer...

- Wizard's Know Opponent has Sphere in its description (It looks as cleric's spell description)

- Protection vs. fire/cold are disabled in the list of Sorcerer's 3rd level. I can see them, but cannot select them. Same thing with Spell Shield.

- Ghost form icon looks as poor uncle... have to fix it.

- Pierce Shield spell's description isn't complete. (there's a lack of you know duration, area of effect etc.

- Meteor Swarm without any animation. Just "fire damage" and then people die.

- Sunnis's (Earth Prince) Iron Skins doesn't work anymore. He's also casting them every round - it's quite annoying.

- Fireball didn't dispeled Web on Anomen, probably because he sucks.

- Ghost Form + Mirror Image works. Not sure it is good. Animation then just sucks.

- Ogre Berserker's weapons don't have icons (not sure about having proper Morning Star) 14-18 damage?

- BIG bug to squash. Creatures which are completely immune to some elements probably aren't immune to effects. Seen that on Shoumbling Mound who was strucked by lightning animation.

- BIG bug to squash. Creatures which are completely immune to some elements probably aren't immune to effects. Seen that on Shoumbling Mound who was strucked by lightning animation.

I may have misunderstood this, but isn't this expected behavior? A druid summons a lighting strike, it shows up and strikes a Shumbling Mound but to no effect?

Great to have another beta tester!

So, after creating a Sorcerer...

1. Wizard's Know Opponent has Sphere in its description (It looks as cleric's spell description)

2. Protection vs. fire/cold are disabled in the list of Sorcerer's 3rd level. I can see them, but cannot select them. Same thing with Spell Shield.

3. Ghost form icon looks as poor uncle... have to fix it.

4. Pierce Shield spell's description isn't complete. (there's a lack of you know duration, area of effect etc.

5. Meteor Swarm without any animation. Just "fire damage" and then people die.

6. Sunnis's (Earth Prince) Iron Skins doesn't work anymore. He's also casting them every round - it's quite annoying.

7. Fireball didn't dispeled Web on Anomen, probably because he sucks.

8. Ghost Form + Mirror Image works. Not sure it is good. Animation then just sucks.

9. Ogre Berserker's weapons don't have icons (not sure about having proper Morning Star) 14-18 damage?

10. BIG bug to squash. Creatures which are completely immune to some elements probably aren't immune to effects. Seen that on Shoumbling Mound who was strucked by lightning animation.

1. and 4. have been already fixed, my fault using copy/paste more than I should :party:

2. other testers reported this, but it actually was unavoidable till Taimon worked on an exe patch which now allows me to hide them :)

3. Well, it's Vanilla's Wraithform bam, don't look at me. I don't think it's bad though.

5. :D It works fine on my install. I'll look into it, it's really strange.

6. I should have disabled the stone-layer animation, but it's intended to be cast each round now. I'll look into it.

7. We didn't implemented such features for V3.

8. Who said it shouldn't work? What about the animation?

9. Strange, I'll look into it. The damage is 1d10 + 1 then +6 for STR 18/00 and then +2 for being specialized.

10. Hey, it's not fair to call it a BIG BUG. It's how they always worked before SR! Your example is actually a wrong one though, because Shamblers cannot be immune to Call Lightning, I need them to be affected so that they can be healed (125% electrical resistance). Regarding creatures immunities I'll see if I can do something more about it.

EDIT: I confirm that Meteor Swarm's new animation works fine on my install. Can anyone else check it? ;) Same for Ogre Berserker's Morning Star, everything seems fine. Though perhaps it's strange to have the fist as secondary weapon.

Damn. I've used only BG2 Fixpack, Widescreen Mod (1280x800), Item Revision and Spell Revision. Damn, it looks strange that I have bugs unnoticed anywhere else. :)

3. Yes I know, but it's using BG1's blue color which is brighter and doesn't use this smooth effect. Maybe I'll try to do something with it. :party:

6. Animation is disabled. But it also doesn't have ANY effect, it doesn't protect against any hit.

Damn. I've used only BG2 Fixpack, Widescreen Mod (1280x800), Item Revision and Spell Revision. Damn, it looks strange that I have bugs unnoticed anywhere else. :party:
Indeed it's strange. Let's see if anyone else can take a look at Meteor Swarm, as of now 6-7 players should have SR V3.

Edit: yarpen is spfstrmi.bam already present within your install or not? Even if it wasn't used in vanilla I'm quite sure it should be there.

6. Animation is disabled. But it also doesn't have ANY effect, it doesn't protect against any hit.
Well, considering how it currently works I think it may be difficult for you to notice if it works or not. It's 1 stoneskin per round instead of 5 for the entire encounter. I'll try raising it to 10 just to check it, but I'm quite sure it works as intended. Regarding the animation I just noticed I have to disable casting animation too!!

Edit: Sorry Ardanis, I've noticed this only now. Waiting for V4's secondary types we can use this to have at least one spell curing 'charm' effects.

Freedom

It seems the issue can be solved via setting target type from 3 to 6 http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=18118
Well, considering how it currently works I think it may be difficult for you to notice if it works or not. It's 1 stoneskin per round instead of 5 for the entire encounter. I'll try raising it to 10 just to check it, but I'm quite sure it works as intended. Regarding the animation I just noticed I have to disable casting animation too!!

Ouch, didn't knew that it works how it is supposed to. But yes, I beg for removing casting animation. It really looked as bugged thanks to removing Iron Skin. Also - don't you think that renaming it into Stoneskin (as Druids are already using it instead of Iron Skin) is a better option for someone who's calling himself Earth Elemental? :party:

A bit of additional impressions: everything now looks quite balanced. Second version of mod was a nice fix/tweak pack for existing spells but now, after changing so many rules everything looks really refined - especially druid's spell selection isn't so bad anymore.

Ouch, didn't knew that it works how it is supposed to. But yes, I beg for removing casting animation. It really looked as bugged thanks to removing Iron Skin.

Done! And indeed it works, but noticing it in combat is impossible imo (though you'll probably notice that Sunnis is uber tough in melee with this feature).

Also - don't you think that renaming it into Stoneskin (as Druids are already using it instead of Iron Skin) is a better option for someone who's calling himself Earth Elemental? :party:
You're right, but actually I think completely removing the string from being displayed every 6 seconds is even better, isn't it?

A bit of additional impressions: everything now looks quite balanced. Second version of mod was a nice fix/tweak pack for existing spells but now, after changing so many rules everything looks really refined - especially druid's spell selection isn't so bad anymore.
I'm glad you like it! :) Indeed V3 adds many things, and some noticeable tweak (such as Dispel and Mirror Image fixes) but for those who haven't played V2.9 the differences from the last official V2 release are HUGE.

P.S The only thing left from your report to check is your Meteor Swarm issue...could you check with NI if the .spl file use 'play 3d effect - on place cast - dvmeteor.bam'?

Edit: Sorry Ardanis, I've noticed this only now. Waiting for V4's secondary types we can use this to have at least one spell curing 'charm' effects.
Just to be sure - it's not about charm, it's about Freedom cast by enemy affecting party, not other enemies.

Protection from Fire/Cold/Electricity/Acid/Magic Energy/Negative Energy

Demi, I think you can have them grant additional protection from spells (e.g. dvwpfire.spl) that are to be used by IR3's item to deal elemental/magic/negative energy damage, so SR3 can work seamlessly with IR3 without an immediate update.

Archived