SR V3

Demivrgvs

Thanks Demivrgvs

I can't install mirror image fix (while image mirror fix from SCS II v10 works well)

090829023350198784.jpg

Is SR StoneSKin work like SCSv10? (Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing your character's colour)

And sorry, but what exactly the component Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens does ? :party:

Thanks Demivrgvs

I can't install mirror image fix (while image mirror fix from SCS II v10 works well)

I sent you a PM about this as Shaitan already reported it and fixing it is uber-easy.

Stoneskin

Is SR StoneSKin work like SCSv10? (Cosmetic change: stop Stoneskins from changing your character's colour)
I think removing the stone-looking feature is another exe patching, and no, I don't do that. I suppose it's a cool feature for pre-buffing mages to avoid looking like statue all day long for their entire life, but I'm not sure about the tweak.

Doing it also means you can't notice Stoneskin at all when it is already active, and that to know when it is expired/breached you have to successfully hit again the target.

I'd like to know players opinions...

Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens

And sorry, but what exactly the component Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens does ? :party:
Is there anyone in the galaxy who reads the readmes? :) "This .exe patch allows us to remove disabled spells from the character generation and sorcerer level-up screens. Without it, a couple of removed spells will be listed but unselectable." For example Protection from Fire is not available anymore at 3rd lvl, as it now is a much more powerful 5th lvl spell.
Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens
Is there anyone in the galaxy who reads the readmes? :) "This .exe patch allows us to remove disabled spells from the character generation and sorcerer level-up screens. Without it, a couple of removed spells will be listed but unselectable." For example Protection from Fire is not available anymore at 3rd lvl, as it now is a much more powerful 5th lvl spell.
The answer to your question about readme's; No.

And so the Protection from Fire is unelectable on 3rd level for all the mage classes, so the .exe hack removes it from all of them.

And it sounds like the component would remove the Nahal's Reckless Dweomer from everyone except the Wild Mages selection, right?

Stoneskin

Well, considering I was the one who had asked for that hack, I find it to be a great improvement. I share Salvatore's opinion on the matter (Silent Blade, Entreri vs. wizard duel), that you can't tell if your target is under SS without trying it out firsthand.
Stoneskin
Well, considering I was the one who had asked for that hack, I find it to be a great improvement. I share Salvatore's opinion on the matter (Silent Blade, Entreri vs. wizard duel), that you can't tell if your target is under SS without trying it out firsthand.

Agree

And it sounds like the component would remove the Nahal's Reckless Dweomer from everyone except the Wild Mages selection, right?

No, the .exe patch does not appear to change the behaviour of how spells' kit restrictions affect their display on the spell selection screens. What it does is allow us to specify a list of certain spells that should not be displayed at all. Before this, the best that could be done was to give each spell a mangled usability field that no one could use so that while it would still show up on the screen, no one would be able to select it. Now it's gone entirely, and there's room for another spell to take its place (in case there were >24 spells).

Stoneskin

Agree
Well, thinking about it there's surely one thing I agree with: Stoneskin shouldn't turn a mage's robe into stone. Barkskin had a similar issue as it turned the armor and most equipment into bark and for some reason hairs into leafs! I fixed it by making the spell affect only the skin, but I cannot do the same here.

The only drawback is that players won't be able to detect an opponent's stoneskin just by looking at him/her.

I'll let players decide, but being it an optional component I think it may be an appropriate add-on for a mod such as SR.

P.S A stoneskin effect without the stone-looking animation would be perfect to let me implement a Parry ability (-1 apr for 4 rounds, 1 stoneskin per round). :party:

Beta Testing

Personnaly, I always and ofen look readme. I just though that the readme was not updated. :D
No, you have the latest V3 readme. ;)

Demivrgvs, the web spell still got a 2 casting time in my game (instead of 5).
Fixed. :)
The only drawback is that players won't be able to detect an opponent's stoneskin just by looking at him/her.
They're unable to detect Pro from Fire/Cold/etc. by looking at them just as much. But would anyone argue it only adds in for more fun? Gotta to waste a couple of spells into nothing until we see the bastard is immune to it. Same for Stoneskin imo.
They're unable to detect Pro from Fire/Cold/etc. by looking at them just as much. But would anyone argue it only adds in for more fun? Gotta to waste a couple of spells into nothing until we see the bastard is immune to it. Same for Stoneskin imo.

How will you notice that Stoneskin is running? Just by the general inefficiency of one's spells or by a message?

Beta Testing

When I thought everything was finally ok...we have few more things to do.

Mirror Image Fix

Spells which apply damage via EFF files don't bypass MI even after Taimon's patch. I'm going to "fix" it by having the EFF files cast a secondary spell which will include all effects (damage, animations, etc.), and then flagging the secondary spells to ignore MI thanks to Taimon's patch.

Note for David's SCSII V10 (and any other modder who might need it): Holy Smite, Unholy Blight, False Dawn, and Sunray don't correctly work without this revision.

Glitterdust & Faerie Fire

I think most of you know the issue here. After testing the "detectable glitterdust" with SCSII V10 (beta) we've find out our solution can indeed work (though the version SR's testers are currenlty using don't, sorry).

Anyway, there's one thing that we'd like to point out. A blinded group of SCS thieves can't do nothing once blinded (they just stand there), making the whole 'detectability' quite useless. Thus I'd like to make the "cannot turn invisible" feature unavoidable (no save, as it was originally intended before the 'detectability debate') but we may also think to replace blindness with a "lesser blindness" (e.g. the one I used for Incendiary Cloud) if it turns out the very original spell can cause complete havoc on the AI.

Once again, aVENGER and David's opinions are quite important on this matter.

Mirror Image Fix

Spells which apply damage via EFF files don't bypass MI even after Taimon's patch. I'm going to "fix" it by having the EFF files cast a secondary spell which will include all effects (damage, animations, etc.), and then flagging the secondary spells to ignore MI thanks to Taimon's patch.

Note for David's SCSII V10 (and any other modder who might need it): Holy Smite, Unholy Blight, False Dawn, and Sunray don't correctly work without this revision.

:party: Can there somehow be added a fix without resorting to reinstallation?

Cheers

Glitterdust & Faerie Fire

I think most of you know the issue here. After testing the "detectable glitterdust" with SCSII V10 (beta) we've find out our solution can indeed work (though the version SR's testers are currenlty using don't, sorry).

Anyway, there's one thing that we'd like to point out. A blinded group of SCS thieves can't do nothing once blinded (they just stand there), making the whole 'detectability' quite useless. Thus I'd like to make the "cannot turn invisible" feature unavoidable (no save, as it was originally intended before the 'detectability debate') but we may also think to replace blindness with a "lesser blindness" (e.g. the one I used for Incendiary Cloud) if it turns out the very original spell can cause complete havoc on the AI.

Once again, aVENGER and David's opinions are quite important on this matter.

For what it's worth, RR opponents can handle blindness without much trouble. They'll either run away or randomly walk around hoping to stumble into something. Also, RR's priests will attempt to cure Blindness from nearby allies via Cure Disease and such.

As noted earlier, I cannot insert the Glitterdust/Faerie Fire check into RR's scripts as easily as David can since I don't use SSL (no other mod besides SCS and Item Randomizer does). Therefore, that incompatibility remains.

Archived