Congratulations!

Lava

Hey there.

I only remember Golden Axe from the arcades, and that memory is somewhat dim (I went from an Atari 2600, to nothing for a long time, and then finally to the PC). But those memories are fond. The default and alt #3 portraits knock me the heck out, and the other two are certainly quality.

Anyhow, here's the thing. At the moment, I only have BG1 installed on the computer, and will be installing SOA/TOB when my party gets that far. My current party is evil, so I was gonna install Alassa to have a thief for said party. My question is, can Tyris stand an evil party, and if so, what order should I install Alassa and Tyris in. (If not, of course, I'll just bite the bullet and use Jan.)

Guest Schumi

Many congratulations for this interesting, "amarcord" mod for we old guys! :-)

I wanna see Tyris with that 10th level-spell Dragon Breath, i think it will be just like old times :-DD

Now a question: she's just joined my party. Is it normal that she has "nothing to say" to my PC if I click on "talk" button, like normal Bioware NPC? Does the romance start immediately or there is some event that triggers it? How can I check if all is working fine? (I've already checked console variables like romanceactive, but it doesn't exist).

S.

I'm sure it's working fine. Her romance variable is "G#TF.TyrisRomanceActive", which should immediately be set to 1. She'll have "nothing to say" if you click-talk her for a little while as the flirt pack doesn't initiate until a few talks into the romance.

Guest Schumi
I'm sure it's working fine. Her romance variable is "G#TF.TyrisRomanceActive", which should immediately be set to 1. She'll have "nothing to say" if you click-talk her for a little while as the flirt pack doesn't initiate until a few talks into the romance.

Thank you very much :-)

I'm really appreciating it so far...

S

Guest Guest_Alastair_*

I just finished SoA with Tyris and she became instantly one of my favorite NPC mods.

She's just great; her character, her flirt options and talks, even the way she is introduced to my party (much better, than standing around in a random INN, waiting for Charname to notice her).

It was really fun to have her around and I hope there will be a bit of ToB content in the future.

Thanks for making this mod ???

Thank *you* for playing it ???

As for ToB content, I'm working on it, but it'll be a little while for two main reasons:

1) I have never coded an NPC for ToB before, so I need to keep checking what beats I need to hit

2) I have to write more banters with the one-dimensional BioWare NPCs :p

I just want to say that I haven't finished my Tyris romance yet but so far I like her. I like how she is friendly from the get-go and not too angsty. It takes her a while to begin to really warm up which is realistic. I haven't reached the committed stage yet but I think it will be pretty soon.

But I'm really enjoying her, and also her abilities. She's a well-rounded character and very likable. I'd take her along even for a non-romance.

Thanks Grim!

I also enjoyed that she liked the PC right away and made it clear but also didn't jump in the sack with him straight away. I really loved how naughty and playfull she is with the PC during the "courtship phase". In more than a couple of LT's I remember chosing seemingly harmless responses that had me walking into pretty funny "one liner inuendo's" from Tyris before she got back on topic. Grim really did a great job with that stuff, a certain "riding coment" comes to mind right off the bat.

As for ToB content, I'm working on it, but it'll be a little while for two main reasons:

1) I have never coded an NPC for ToB before, so I need to keep checking what beats I need to hit

2) I have to write more banters with the one-dimensional BioWare NPCs :blush:

I'd suggest doing the parts you're excited to do, and leaving out the parts that will be pure drudgery. Banters with the BioWare NPCs aren't mandatory. Personally, I'm happy with some basic LTs, a few new flirts, and (most importantly) a good epilogue. While in-depth LTs, interjections and banters are all good to have, I'd much rather have a basic conclusion to the relationiship with epilogue (such as with Sarah) than no ToB resolution because the modder's reach exceeded their grasp (Fade and Imoen Romance to name 2)

2) I have to write more banters with the one-dimensional BioWare NPCs :blush:

I'd suggest doing the parts you're excited to do, and leaving out the parts that will be pure drudgery. Banters with the BioWare NPCs aren't mandatory. Personally, I'm happy with some basic LTs, a few new flirts, and (most importantly) a good epilogue. While in-depth LTs, interjections and banters are all good to have, I'd much rather have a basic conclusion to the relationiship with epilogue (such as with Sarah) than no ToB resolution because the modder's reach exceeded their grasp (Fade and Imoen Romance to name 2)

Fortunately the banters are now done. I much prefer to get the crap bits out of the way first then I get the more enjoyable stuff to do after.

I thought this was as good a place as any to post this, but if it's not, could a moderator please move it? :thumbsup:

I just wanted to reiterate, Grim, how much I'm enjoying this NPC, she's well written, and a lot of fun (and a very decent NPC, I might add, she's great to have along).

Also, I wanted to congratulate you on your choice of a love theme,: that "Someone to Trust" by Bear McCreary is absolutely gorgeous, and is a perfect theme.

Thanks again! ;)

My.. a romanceable human fighter/mage with longswords.. *swoons*

Despite having my fair share of Sega Mega Drive games, I had never heard about Golden Axe before. We were strictly Sonic-raised.

Going to try this right away.

My congrats.

Relevant to Topic: A pretty one, too! I was about to skip the romancing part of BG II altogether (not too keen on the gals and guys BioWare gave us, although I did make it a point to become Shar-Teel's scratching post in Tutu), until I found this mod after - believe it or not - seeing some fanart of the character on DeviantART.

Off-Topic, Childhood Stuff: I was Sonic-raised, too, but I swear I remember my cousin and sister playing this game. I could be wrong though, as I was at best three years old. Oh well. Neat mod.

this thread felt like the best place to say. . .

This mod is AWESOME, thanks alot ^^

I mean seriously, she's cute but at the same time definately not a wallflower =p she's given me quite a few good laughs ^^

plus, the voiceacting is amazing. . . my compliments to whomever you found for this, she's incredible =)

anyway, it's not even complete yet and it's already one of my fav. mods :thumbsup:

Oldtimers ranting:

yeah, the sonic games were great but Golden Axe was better, together with CastleVania it was prolly my favorite game , dunno how many times me and my friends played through GAII, one of us playing Tyris and the other one playing the Dwarf (can't remember any names other names besides Tyris) The Barbarian was always left out >.< his weapon had too short reach and his magic wasn't that good either =p

Archived