Hinaeariel mod not abandoned

ericp07

Hello,

Just a note to declare my continued interest in developing my Sylvan Elf ranger, Hinaeariel Gwaithoron, as a joinable NPC for BGII - SoA/ToB. Life has gotten in the way of all creative endeavors, but when the chaos recedes to a manageable level, I'll continue work on the project...and seek assistance from any who would kindly help me ???

Happy modding,

Eric

An addictive game, to be sure, despite the rules system :D

I am committed to finishing the mod, and I predict that I will require and request assistance from some of you fine folks, who have developed outstanding mods, I must say!

My initial no-frills test run, in a "vanilla plus Fixpack" game, was successful, but naturally things broke down as I attempted further customization of the mod. I've also changed my mind quite a bit on some of the character details, but I want to maintain the theme that her primary goal is to defeat Malarites. An alternative to this might be that her "favored enemy" be designated as lycanthropes. This agrees with a Faerunian group called the People of the Black Blood (if memory serves), a group of evil lycanthropes who worship Malar.

Hinaeariel has no info page yet, as the mod is still "pre-alpha" if that's possible. I'd like to know where would be a good place to put up a (free) Web space for this mod, especially so I can receive input from experienced modders and continuing encouragement to complete the project :blush:

Happy modding,

Eric

Web hosting is quite cheap these days but there are several free forum sites you can sign up on to post updates on development. I couldn't name any right now (blame my laziness) but I've seen lots of people using Google for their development stuff too.

Web hosting is quite cheap these days but there are several free forum sites you can sign up on to post updates on development. I couldn't name any right now (blame my laziness) but I've seen lots of people using Google for their development stuff too.

Well, I need to recreate my personal on-line forum for original poetry and lyrics over at Bravenet (since Yahoo has done away with free Web hosting), so perhaps I'll open a separate site there...or simply add Hinaeariel's home to the site when I create it. I'm a bit hesitant to use Google for anything. Just a gut feeling. Thanks!

Archived