Adamntine Golems and Kangaxx the Demi-Lich

No matter how hard my guys hit these critters they never do more than 4 HP damage. Both critters seem to be immune to magic damage as well. Is it nothing that works effectively against them?

I don't (iirc) modify their vanilla-game resistances. Both demiliches and adamantite golems have 90% resistance to physical damage. I think both are completely vulnerable to magic damage per se, but it's unlikely to do you any good against the golems because they're basically immune to magic. Against (the SCS version of) Kangaxx, you can probably hurt him with high-level spells like Wilting, if you cut through his magic defences and lower his MR. (Whether that's a good strategy is another matter). Kangaxx is also vulnerable to elemental damage, so the FoA might serve you.

I found that the Silver Sword (Vorpal Sword with 25% chance of kill) works well against the Adamantine Golems. So as long as I couldn't get Crom Faeyr, I'm glad I decided to keep the Silver Blade.
See DavidW, why the 200 damage against x type of .cre's, 190 against type y, 180 damage against type z ...instead of the 100 000 damage, would be better? Just in case you forget to include an immunity... and it's more realistic, and you can even give the pure slayed creature save throw for only half damage.

Plus, it wouldn't go through the stone/iron skins(except 1 extra).

Not to mention you could make it optional component if someone would be willing to code it for you, hmm.

I found that the Silver Sword (Vorpal Sword with 25% chance of kill) works well against the Adamantine Golems. So as long as I couldn't get Crom Faeyr, I'm glad I decided to keep the Silver Blade.
See DavidW, why the 200 damage against x type of .cre's, 190 against type y, 180 damage against type z ...instead of the 100 000 damage, would be better?

I don't object to golems being vorpalised.

The upcoming Item Revision 3.0 is granting this immunity.
Ouh, does it?
Thanks for your reply, I'm glad SCS will handle vorpal and disruption abilities like I would without having me to force such change on all IR players. :)
;)

Jarno... will you ever learn? :D

Vorpal Effect

This is where it all started...I stumbled upon this and remembered how weird it was (at least for me) to see the Silver Sword cutting the head and killing in that way oozes, golems, mists, elementals, illusionary clones and so on. All those creatures should be immune to it imo.

At the IR forum we all agreed about those creatures mentioned above being made immune to vorpal effect. The debate was about dragons. Remember? :)

You gotta be joking??? You want to make living dragons immune to it (from a challenge pov I agree), but not mechanical golems?

Jarno... will you ever learn?
You hope for impossible, I'm so afraid :)
You gotta be joking??? You want to make living dragons immune to it (from a challenge pov I agree), but not mechanical golems?

Yep. Which isn't to say that I think an ab initio rebalancing of the items in the game shouldn't grant immunity to vorpalisation to golems - just that within SCS's design parameters I currently think there's a case for dragons getting it and I'm not currently hearing one for golems.

If I ever get around to putting a golem component into SCS, maybe I'll rethink. But then, why shouldn't vorpal hits work on golems? (Slay-type effects - effects based on death magic - I see rather more clearly.)

Archived