Improved Anvil v5+ and BWL

Saros

_saros_ flawed person as well TRYING TO PROOVE IA IS FLAWED AND BUGGY yet he´s so obsessed with IA. What a wastrell

Errm, no :cringe: But when a person states that he has removed *ALL* of the xp and gold exploits, this statement should have some cover. I use such exploits for easier testing of the new versions of this mod, that's all. When I accumulate enough experience, I won't need them :) And indeed, an infinite gold exploit had been left open, and it's in the very beginning of IA 6.0. BTW, I don't know if the mod is buggy or not, but I do know that frozen in time enemy weapon immunity is far from perfect, from what I've tested so far. And BTW, a lot of bugs which were in the original game are still present in IA 6.0, like for example casting Larloch's minor drain or Vampiric touch on items or containers (which also results in buggy lifegain like 12 instead of 4 for each LMD). From what I see so far in the new version, Sikret has dealt with everything which he doesn't like by simply erasing it. Very, very few new things. Doesn't like wands of Spell Striking with breach? - erase breach from wands. Doesn't like Alacrity on multiclass mages - erase Alacrity from HLA tables. Doesn't like Immunity to Silence on AoP - erase. In fact, as I can see so far, IA 6.0 is one big substraction, compared to IA 5.0.

...and once again, freedom of choice, personal responsibility, and open polite social discourse on the Internet ends up going from intellectual exploration to something anyone over 5 years old knows is inappropriate.
Acting like 5 years old also bring in a feeling you're very young and have the whole life ahead of you.

BTW, Sikret stated that now enemies would be immune to melee damage under Time Stop, but amazingly, they aren't completely - there is some inconsistency with that implementation, since in my recent game I was able to apply melee hits on frozen in time enemies.
IIRC only powerful and not inantely immune to TS enemies were supposed to receive weapon immunity. But not rubbish 5th level trash.

And BTW, a lot of bugs which were in the original game are still present in IA 6.0
Someone needs to post Fixpack's list of bugs there. Easiest solution.

Guess that since Sikret labeled IA v6 as a beta, who'd want to pay for a beta? Still, it is interesting to see what exactly he changed but without any readme of v6 improvements you cannot really decide whether the money is worth it.

Just found an infinite xp exploit, which has been missed by Sikret and his testers. Will raise some xp :cringe:

Edit: Sorry, spoke too soon. Still, was able to gain more than expected XP from some Myconid Colonies, but apparently they have a finite number of summoning spells, which don't recharge after resting...

Ahh, Saros, how could Sikret have done without you? :cringe:

From what I hear, he'd have (not?) released IA6 (more than?) one year earlier and with more content.

Yeah probably, heh. Shame he's so evidently obsessed with blocking exploits.

Ahh, Saros, how could Sikret have done without you? :cringe:

From what I hear, he'd have (not?) released IA6 (more than?) one year earlier and with more content.

Yeah probably, heh. Shame he's so evidently obsessed with blocking exploits.

I can confirm that; it is obsession in it's purest form. V6 is all about "preventing cheese". Saros should have at least half the credit for this release version.

I don't think it's so much Saros personally that is driving Sikret...it's the mere knowledge that his "perfect" mod even CAN be exploited.

You see, Sikret regards any play style other than his own to be either cheesy methodology, or outright cheating. If you don't play HIS mod the way HE intends it to be played, then you're cheating.

A couple examples (these have nothing to do with Saros' tactics, they came up in testing):

1) Separating the party members to avoid all of them getting caught in a single dispel or mass damage effect. Sikret lectured us many times in the testing forum that "proper" play style was to stand and fight as a group, and never to split up for tactical purposes. He doesn't want players separating their characters to take, for example, a "purge magic" on only one group member instead of all of them.

2) There's a very difficult battle in the Necromancer's extended stronghold called "The Story of the Old Ones". In this battle, an NPC appears and tells a story about how he's the last of his kind, and 3 evil "grave" liches are hunting him down to kill him. He's come to you for help since you're the new owner of the Planar Sphere blah blah blah.

Grave Liches are very powerful mage-liches (30th level or so) with tons of high level spells, including a new one of Sikret's invention called "Stellar Gravestone". This is a type of Comet spell but immensely powerful - an unprotected character hit by one of these is almost certainly going to die (even if you survive the damage, you're going to be stunned and unable to defend yourself.)

You have to fight this battle without any party members, just this "Old One" as an ally, but who is not under your control. He's also a powerful mage. Sikret has tried very, very hard to design this battle in a manner that it can only be won in one fashion, by certain spellcasting from this "Old One".

To make a long story short, in exhaustive testing I discovered a way to win this battle without needing the help of the Old One at all. After doing so, I was judged to have been using cheesy methods (if not openly accused of such) and it was re-designed to eliminate the means by which I'd won.

This is what Sikret does: he suppresses inventiveness and originality from players, unless of course it's something he thought of first. If you stray outside of his design path, you're accused of cheating, and/or he re-designs the situation to eliminate what you did.

You have to fight this battle without any party members, just this "Old One" as an ally, but who is not under your control. He's also a powerful mage. Sikret has tried very, very hard to design this battle in a manner that it can only be won in one fashion, by certain spellcasting from this "Old One".
Is that the same as Pasha revisited?

Archived