Improved Anvil v5+ and BWL

Saros

I have one (probably silly) question concerning the definition: "Time is what clock measures". Would that mean that before clocks were ever invented, time did not exist?

Well, I'd argue that time is just something defined by humans. It has no meaning until defined. Also asking whether or not time existed before clocks were invented may imply that time is a real part of our universe, roughly what I argued against. But I'm no professional on this, I mainly deal with this philosophically.

I think I see your point but I wonder if humans began to define time well before clocks were invented. What I mean to ask is: do clocks keep track of the passing of time or do they define time altogether?

I'm a materialist. Clocks only serve to measure time.

Speaking of materialism vs idealism, don't you think it explains why BWL hold the rest of community in a rather low esteem? From their POV we might just be rebellious figments of their imagination!

I'd say clocks are not the only way to measure time. The place of the sun, the moon phases, the age of the people, the seasons, I would assume people had a lot of ways to keep track of the passing time.

When I'm talking about a clock I'm talking about systems used to measure the rapidity of passing events, so the sun f.i. could be called a clock in this sense. I should have been clearer on this, I wasn't talking about just normal clocks.

Thanks for your post, nicoper!

First of all let me assure you that the leaked version of the mod is quite old and outdated. It can't even be compared with the version you are playing. The person who has leaked the mod had lost his access to the mod before I implement the latest set of comprehensive patches. For example, the leaked copy of the mod lacks the latest set of new spells and HLA's.

I have a lot to say about that former member of IA testing team, his misbehaviours and how we tolerated him here for such a long time. However, I will not get into this discussion here and now.

IA v6 once publicly released will be available to public. But I do not intend to publish it soon because I want to show my gratitude to those who supported the site when the site was in need. You did support the site and you deserve to have access to the mod much sooner than those others who just wanted to sit and use the benefits without helping or contributing at all.

As for the limited number of people who currently have access to the forums and to the mod, I have no problem with that. I do professional work at the highest quality and I share it with a limited number of people. The quantity of my fan-base or people who play my mod is of no consequence and importance for me; the quality of the fan-base is important to me. I prefer to have a small fan-base made of true friends rather than a big fan-base made of people who were only one step away from turning their back to us when the site needed them.

I am no longer in my 20's, nicoper! I am a 43 years old professor in the university; I have a busy life with many other important things going on in it. The number of IA's fan-base is truly the last thing in my life which I may care about. I prefer to work on this mod slowly and gradually and only share the latest version of my work with those who truly deserve it. One version before the latest version will be freely available to everyone. so, once IA v7 is ready for you, others can download and play v6 for free and can continue their trash-talk about us. And remember that those trash-talks and lies existed even when the site and the forums were open to everyone. So, if you want to trace the case and find the roots of the problem and their real motives for their trash-talks and lies, you should look into some other reasons than the recent changes in BWL policy.

Let's continue this in PMs if you want. smile.gif

Underlined paragraph translated =

I dont give a fukc about ya'll

I have the full version of IAv6 including the whole forum copied.

15$ will get you all that.

This is exactly what I was talking about.

Not that it's a surprise to anyone with a brain, but the pure arrogance of that fool Sikret is simply amazing.

His claims against me are also totally indefensible. I was one of his strongest supporters and he managed to alienate even me. I tried and tried - hell, I PLEADED with him - to grow up and learn that his condescending arrogance does nothing but piss people off, but he's too condescending and arrogant to pay any attention to anything he's told, be it by friend or foe.

Sometimes you can learn the MOST from people that you consider your enemies. And alas, sometimes people simply are too dense to learn anything at all. This is Sikret.

Sikret, I know you read this forum religiously. I welcome you to expand on this notion of having "a lot to say about that former member of IA testing team, his misbehaviours and how we tolerated him here for such a long time." It'll be great entertainment for all. Of course, you'll be too scared to do it in an open forum where myself or others could respond, but that's what we expect of you anyways.

Oh, and "Isleepwith...", many thanks for the insider info post. Not only does it give more insight into the thought processes of the Deranged One, but it also shows that his perfect little insular world behind the BWL Iron Curtain isn't quite as perfect as he thinks.

The hermetically sealed BWL dome has sprung another leak...

For a good laugh, read this post on BWL. The brilliant mastermind Sikret is attempting to do damage control.

It seems that Sikret's answer to my proof that he's lied about the release of IA v6 for free is to claim that "it isn't released yet". Apparently he believes that releasing it to "a select few" that have paid him means that it wasn't ready for the non-paying public. He will get around to "officially" releasing IA v6 when IA v7 is completed, oh, 3 years from now (if it is ever done at all.) In the meantime only those who have paid have the privelege of the "early release" of the mod.

And this is just hilarious:

"Personally, I don't find it wise if some players spend many weeks playing an unsupported and outdated copy of the mod just to find out that their experience of the mod is not only incomplete but also even unstable and probably bugged."

What? Impossible! Sikret admits in public that he has created a mod that is unstable and probably bugged! I thought that he was the smartest modder in the universe. He can't create anything unstable and bugged!

Finally, I am also particularly fond of this little gem:

"Registering to the site for a very small annual donation is a much wiser choice than playing an outdated, unsupported and incomplete copy someone has leaked out."

Let's translate that one: "You should pay me money to play Improved Anvil instead of play the free version that got out despite my efforts to prevent it."

Yes, it sure would be stupid of anyone to play a free mod when you could just pay for it. Right?

I highly doubt that the IA 6.0 that geh4th sent me is 'totally different' from the version on the BWL forums. BTW, Sikret stated that now enemies would be immune to melee damage under Time Stop, but amazingly, they aren't completely - there is some inconsistency with that implementation, since in my recent game I was able to apply melee hits on frozen in time enemies. Also, he claims to have eliminated all experience and items carried by infinite-spawning monsters throughout the game, yet I found (so far) one such monster which he had missed.

Second such monster found. This one doesn't give xp, but gives infinite amount of sellable items, including some spell scrolls. Sikret failed.

Hihihihi _coaster_ YOU´re bugged and much, you jerk hihihihi

_saros_ flawed person as well TRYING TO PROOVE IA IS FLAWED AND BUGGY yet he´s so obsessed with IA. What a wastrell

and _geh4th_ really a joker WHO´S FIRED FROM SEKRIT'S SPEZIEL TEAM now trying to proove himself yet he´s an ass publicating the wholl mod sucking cock of every one who supports his ´cause´

and _the_bigg_ you new bie you think you´re a bigg deal eh YOU THINK YOU´RE CLEVER no you´re inferioririty complexus asshole

What a bunch of asshats obsessed with mod IA, you´re wholly rubish for B.W.L. elitistic level you idiots

...and once again, freedom of choice, personal responsibility, and open polite social discourse on the Internet ends up going from intellectual exploration to something anyone over 5 years old knows is inappropriate.

Archived