Improved Anvil v5+ and BWL

Saros

You have to fight this battle without any party members, just this "Old One" as an ally, but who is not under your control. He's also a powerful mage. Sikret has tried very, very hard to design this battle in a manner that it can only be won in one fashion, by certain spellcasting from this "Old One".
Is that the same as Pasha revisited?

I'm not entirely sure of what you're asking; Pasha Mahmoud is a different character. The Necromancer protagonist helps him at another stage of his stronghold (before the Old Ones encounter), and Pasha makes an encore appearance during the EDE battle.

As far as I know, within Sikret's universe there's no direct connection between Pasha and the Old One.

I meant, is this the same type of encounter where you have to keep a weak NPC alive like in EDE with Pasha. He rarely lives for more than a few rounds even if you buff him to no end. I think you can only accomplish it with regeneration, improved haste and every protection from X spell you might have.

Does the Old One survive better?

If it is, he's going to great lengths to hide his usual WoT posting style; moreover, some admin would've outed him.

For that matter, 100% of Mr. Kovacs posts are somewhere between "utterly useless" and "head-splittingly annoying". Are 4chan not recruiting anymore?

*leaves thread, hoping for discussion of quantum physics or loopholes in said physics upon return*

I meant, is this the same type of encounter where you have to keep a weak NPC alive like in EDE with Pasha. He rarely lives for more than a few rounds even if you buff him to no end. I think you can only accomplish it with regeneration, improved haste and every protection from X spell you might have.

Does the Old One survive better?

In this case the Old One is anything but weak. In fact, Sikret has it designed to where the Old One has to do most of the work, while you spend a great deal of time just trying to survive and keep the Grave Liches' attention focused on you. You have to give him time to do his thing.

Trust me, with 3 grave liches, there's little you have any time to do regarding defending the Old One. If you find yourself breached, you lifespan is measured in seconds.

Of course, that's the way it's supposed to be. Like I said, I initially found creative ways to win, but Sikret quashed that by eliminating the usefulness of my tactics.

(Detail: he was very, very focused on making sure that the encounter could only be won if you used Spell Immunity: Necromancy and NOT Spell Immunity: Abjuration. I won it with Abjuration and he really, REALLY didn't like it.)

My guess is that you used Alacrity to keep spell protections (Spell Turning, GoI and SI:Abjuration) active together with ProMW while being shot with triple Ruby Rays of Reversal for 5 rounds, and afterwards to kill them with the new spell, Disrupt undead, right? And what did Sikret do? Made it so that SI: Abjuration cannot be cast? :cringe:

Having one Lich use Wish resting to dump endless Wail of the Banshee on you is a great way to encourage you to cast SI:Necro. Of course, Sikret being as subtle as he is, it's more likely that he achieved his goal by a blunt "if playerX has SI:Abj then remove all buffs from playerX".

DezsoKovacs, before you make the post you are currently typing as i type this, you are not going to derail or permanently block materials here - it is a waste of time. If you have legitimate posts and materials, post them. If you do not, leave.

www.anonymouse.org/contact_abuse.html

hey you smart ass i´ve just cheched elder flamewars and what´s _temujin_ eh he´s allowed to be here you ass

you´re all _POOR_ punks

oh baronius no it´s not me but I know him hihihihi he´s really a nice guy yes he´s

oh and latelly he´ve bought a bran-new bmw so just keep milking you jokers

and next time he´s gonna get a yacht HIHIHIHIHI

A proposition - let's ignore DezsoKovacs and keep the topic only about the mod (and eventually other tactical mods as comparison), tough encounters, unique tactics, flaws , items, tactics, distribution and such.

hey you smart ass i´ve just cheched elder flamewars and what´s _temujin_ eh he´s allowed to be here you ass

you´re all _POOR_ punks

oh baronius no it´s not me but I know him hihihihi he´s really a nice guy yes he´s

oh and latelly he´ve bought a bran-new bmw so just keep milking you jokers

and next time he´s gonna get a yacht HIHIHIHIHI

jester2.gif

You reap what you sow, Fraudonius...

There is no music, no art, no poetry that begets enough pleasure than witnessing these numerous faux pas which you and that monolithic Mountbatten habitually commit. Reading through this thread again has kept me grinning like a Chesire cat and masturbate furiously all day long, Baro. 85079151.gif Watching you fail and suffer everytime brings me an immeasurable amount of delight.

The swindler finally gets a dose of his own medicine. bears.gif Don't cry now, son, just because you couldn't raise enough funds to book another flight to the Caribbean Islands. 56616499.gif

I recall asking you once a while back (in a Jeremy Irons-like tone):

Have you lost your 'hunger', Hungarius?

As evidenced by the rapid decline in revenue from Improved Anvil sales (even before this leak), that hunger is clearly not there anymore. :) Back in your heyday, the name Baronius 'Magyar' Hungarius used to resonate with fear and intimidation. All I see now is a poor, pathetic schlep fighting over a few scraps, milking any remaining drops from this cash cow that is Improved Anvil, tossing a few last-minute scams out of desperation before his little pawn shop gets closed.

Anybody knows what happened with BWL again?
Site:
Dear members and visitors!

The server is down again, and remoote software reboot does not seem to work. The Customer Support hasn't reacted for a week, we're still waiting their explanation.

Note: this is still the "old" server that is down, because it has been working mostly fine lately, so we will wait until the (long-ago subscribed) contract ends (instead of cancelling contract) and then will move to our new, more reliable server

hahar.gif

The contract ends on June 25 2011!. So if you wanted to wait until the contract ends after all, why did you impose this sense of urgency in asking for donations a year and a half earlier? :cringe:

This "new" server is just another placebo effect, isn't it, Baro? jester2.gif

Archived