Comments/observations on run with IR, SR, SCS2

Guest Incantatar

Was just curiosity and i know about Enchanted Weapon and use this cool spell.

Regarding Carsomyr, i was unsure about Vanilla and googled it. http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56889 The guy at the bottom and the guy after him were pretty sure it was sellable.

I have to say I would pay for a holy sword. And seeing the buildings in Athkathla's temple district, the churches also do have some money. :blush:

But if you're concerned about 6k more gold for the player, leave it as is. I don't have money trouble in my playthrough.

Edit: @Demi I still think you should limit the duration of Enchanted Weapon to 8 hours. (If you already planned that ignore this comment)

I just realized Vampiric Mists have a ThAC0 of 0. Thats better than every Vamp in the game. :blush:
I'm sure you know I have nothing to do about it, nither I can do something about it (if there's something that should be done, I don't know right now). :laugh:

Spell Shield

Spell Shield is working atm? It blocks (some?) friendly spells and i'm just receiving damage from the cloudkill in the Asylum Maze (in the small room where you click the paintings).
Spell Shield should block lvl 1-5 spells; anyway, the cloud casted in that Spellhold room is a lvl 8 incendiary cloud afaik
Yep, as Raj says 8th lvl Spell Shield is just a Greater Globe of Invulnerability, and I'm actually going to rename it like that for V4, because we're finally able to fix vanilla's Spell Shield, which will instead go back to it's original spell lvl, the 5th.
I'm sure you know I have nothing to do about it, nither I can do something about it (if there's something that should be done, I don't know right now). :laugh:
It just baffled me. :blush: It doesn't concern any of the mods.

Yep, as Raj says 8th lvl Spell Shield is just a Greater Globe of Invulnerability, and I'm actually going to rename it like that for V4, because we're finally able to fix vanilla's Spell Shield, which will instead go back to it's original spell lvl, the 5th.

That's great.

I've never dared to try it in action, but SCS readme says that beholders, being magical chainguns of sorts, aren't much bothered by spell protections and will nonetheless bombard protected characters.

Also, for SR v4 there're plans to allow the Deflection family to absord AoE spells as well. If you're facing high-level wizard with lots of abidalzims, having Spell Trap active instead of Minor Spell Deflection will make a life-and-death difference.

... wizards not, in general, being morons.

This wasn't critique DavidW. I don't think they should cast at you, when they can see that you're spell trapped. But since they don't i simply see no advantage in the "trap" ability.

Also, for SR v4 there're plans to allow the Deflection family to absord AoE spells as well. If you're facing high-level wizard with lots of abidalzims, having Spell Trap active instead of Minor Spell Deflection will make a life-and-death difference.
Thats a good idea.

Ok something really strange happened.

I cast some spells with PI, which i attacked shortly after to dispel it. After attacking it, it became hostile, ran away and all 3 demons it sucessfully summoned also became hostile. I managed to survive this but Anomen got chunked. That was after i discovered i could reanimate him with the Planetar. Now tell me that this is clearly a bug. :blush: (So i can console Anomen in again. )

I cast some spells with PI, which i attacked shortly after to dispel it. After attacking it, it became hostile, ran away and all 3 demons it sucessfully summoned also became hostile. I managed to survive this but Anomen got chunked. That was after i discovered i could reanimate him with the Planetar. Now tell me that this is clearly a bug. :blush: (So i can console Anomen in again. )

:laugh: PI clone becoming hostile?

Afaik the only way that can happen is via script, and I don't assign any to clones, thus I'd tend to say it's either Quest Pack AI (which you don't have right?) or SCSII AI (which never caused this issue before).

I'll try to reproduce it in-game.

P.S 3 demons via PI? Men I gotta find a way to stop this! :laugh:

:laugh: PI clone becoming hostile?

Yes

Afaik the only way that can happen is via script, and I don't assign any to clones, thus I'd tend to say it's either Quest Pack AI (which you don't have right?) or SCSII AI (which never caused this issue before).

Have only G3FP,IR,SR,SCS2 and some G3Tweaks

I'll try to reproduce it in-game.

P.S 3 demons via PI? Men I gotta find a way to stop this! :laugh:

PI is 3y matured cheddar

Project Image becoming hostile

I cannot reproduce it, and I tested it with SCSII too, but I don't have an install with the latest version of it. I hope David can take a quick look at it because other than SCS scripts I really cannot thing anything else that could affect PI.

Spell Trap uselessness

Ardanis got there first (thanks pal), and I may add, that the whole idea of turning Spell Deflection/Turning born exactly because of what you noticed and David's answer to it.

As David says it would be stupid for mages to cast spells against a target under Spell Deflection/Turning/Trap but at the same time this makes all them a lot less appealing, and most of all, identical. Having a turning or absorbing feature is completely pointless when no one is going to cast anything at you.

That's why I suggested to turn them all into NWN-like Spell Mantles spells, hoping to not scare too many players with the noticeable change. Ardanis kindly coded it, and I think he has already tested it too, though I don't know to which extent.

Sorry for the rant, but just that I was here... :blush:

Archived