Version 18 released

DavidW

While I really like this mod, I sometimes get the feeling that it takes things a bit too far.

I’ve already mentioned the high difficulty of Spellhold Irenicus, but Nevezah, the lich from Edwin's Nether Scroll quest was so extremely beefed up compared to his original game version that it was nearly impossible for my party to kill him in Chapter 2. Just a reminder, this quest is mandatory if you have Edwin in your party, so you might want to make this fight a bit easier. Furthermore, in-game evidence suggests that this particular lich is suffering from dementia which could also be used as a justification for lowering the difficulty. Please consider this for future updates of your mod.

Guest Bluehound
Hi :cool:

I've installed SCSII (v.18) and the version of ToBEx that ships with SCS but not ToBEX!!

I noticed a Crash to Desktop in AR1202 (cursor at about x2823/y1546) some seconds after that I killed the group of vampires in that area!!

This is a message error:

"An assertion failed in ChvidImage.cpp at Line number 1910"

I'm having this exact same error, very annoying. I'm not even able to kill any of the vampires, as soon as I meet them, I crash to desktop.

Is there any solution to this without uninstalling scsII?

I've noticed that enemies wielding ranged weapons escape between areas when attempting to run away from the party.

It seems that this can potentially break some things. For example, one of the bow wielding bandits that kidnaps Garren's child at Windsper Hills ran outside and the cutscene where Garren reappears couldn't fire properly.

I've noticed that enemies wielding ranged weapons escape between areas when attempting to run away from the party.

It seems that this can potentially break some things. For example, one of the bow wielding bandits that kidnaps Garren's child at Windsper Hills ran outside and the cutscene where Garren reappears couldn't fire properly.

viconia's captors do the same and flee into the jail. i thought CREs had a flag that determined whether they could do area transitions, but i may be imagining things.

Guest Bluehound
Hi :cool:

I've installed SCSII (v.18) and the version of ToBEx that ships with SCS but not ToBEX!!

I noticed a Crash to Desktop in AR1202 (cursor at about x2823/y1546) some seconds after that I killed the group of vampires in that area!!

This is a message error:

"An assertion failed in ChvidImage.cpp at Line number 1910"

I'm having this exact same error, very annoying. I'm not even able to kill any of the vampires, as soon as I meet them, I crash to desktop.

Is there any solution to this without uninstalling scsII?

Uninstalled improved vampires, no more crashes.

Guest Guest

I am also experiencing the same problems as bluehound and ilot.

Could it be because of something questpack is doing to vampires? It'll be a shame if I have to uninstall the improved vampires component of scsii because I think the drinking blood ability is great

Guest geuse

I just encountered a bug in the Spellhold Irenicus battle. After killing the clone of Imoen, she did not die! She just lost her circle underneath her. Hovering the mouse over her brought up "Imoen, dead" !! She actually casted chain lightning at my party in this state before I quit! And then, when I finally won the battle this happened with one of the murderers! I'm not sure if he just eventually dropped dead on his own or if one of my summons "rekilled" him. It seems like the AI could select/attack him even though he didn't have a circle.

Just thought I should post this for the sake of sharing

I just encountered a bug in the Spellhold Irenicus battle. After killing the clone of Imoen, she did not die! She just lost her circle underneath her. Hovering the mouse over her brought up "Imoen, dead" !! She actually casted chain lightning at my party in this state before I quit! And then, when I finally won the battle this happened with one of the murderers! I'm not sure if he just eventually dropped dead on his own or if one of my summons "rekilled" him. It seems like the AI could select/attack him even though he didn't have a circle.

Just thought I should post this for the sake of sharing

The same thing happened to me in Tutu when I was fighting the mages atop Sorcerous Sundries. I killed them all with two fireballs from wands but Coran hit one of them with a poisoned arrow before he died. After half a second, the poisoned, dead mage, got back up and began casting spells against me. I'm not using any AI components so I think it may be caused by ToBex (using the latest version of Tobex).

I've found that Lethinan (the slaver in the Copper Coronet) can lose to Hendak when this component is installed:

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6015 // More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats): v19

When Hendak loses Lethinan turns hostile which breaks the slaver quest.

I've found that Lethinan (the slaver in the Copper Coronet) can lose to Hendak when this component is installed:

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6015 // More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats): v19

When Hendak loses Lethinan turns hostile which breaks the slaver quest.

Couldn't he do this in vamilla too? I'm not sure I see it as a bug BTW.

Can I ask how you spotted the connection between that component and the loss of Hendak?

Cheers

Archived