Other cities than Athkatla and BG...

Valiant

Although I wrote that I won´t post any screens from caste work, here is a small decreased one:

Castle_Teaser.jpg?ver=0

Btw, render time of this small window was about 5 and half hour (!!!!). And it´s onle a 1/4 of whole area. Also don´t bother with that grey empty space. Nothing is built there yet.

Val :)

Erhm question, will the area between the forest and the castle cliff be travel-able... as the characters won't be able to see that distance without it... yes, you can set up the forest floor to be accessible... but other wise I am afraid the whole picture won't be for much.

It's always possible to just add Explore() to the script - this way the exterior area(s) will be visible, just like other city areas, including Ust Natha. I've always thought the exterior Nalia's castle should have been explored, too - otherwise the players can't properly see and admire it.

It's always possible to just add Explore() to the script - this way the exterior area(s) will be visible, just like other city areas, including Ust Natha. I've always thought the exterior Nalia's castle should have been explored, too - otherwise the players can't properly see and admire it.
It's still going to be clouded int he fog of war... and be quite bland do to it...

Sorry, but that area you speak of won´t be accessible. There´s no reason to be able to walk there - castle is the main reason to be in this location, not the forrest. It will be handled as Kulyok said - via script command Explore(). After all, those trees are just a castle background, that´s all. I know it´s a waste of resources, but it was intended this way from the beginning... Castle bridge will be handled same way as in DeArnise - additional closed door bitmaps. But there will be few more interior areas than in Nalia´s hold, and maybe a underground cavern leading to.... well who knows...:)

Archived