Other cities than Athkatla and BG...

Valiant

Hi,

I don't want to step on your freedom of creativity here
Well, you just did. I mean, in a good way, as a friendly warning. Thanks anyway.

Even though they were edited to promote compatibilities with Oblivion's engine, Bethesda came in and threatened to do unimaginable things
Maybe that was the main problem - you edited thier own models without the permission. I do not edit them - just importing them into Max, fit them into the scene and render it. Of course as a non-profit project. I would not ask money for something that I haven´t created myself.

You will find Bananasplit's excellent Better Cities Conversion especially useful. Sutch will also be useful for you I hope.
Thanks for the links, definetly will check out...

To all: this of course means I won´t post any more screens.

To all: this of course means I won´t post any more screens.

Noooo :laugh:

But more seriously; why wouldn't you? If you're still going to use that particular artwork in your mod - what couldn't you just as well post screens?

I redefine my previous words - I won´t post any screens until I receive a blessing for my next work from Bethesda about their artwork. I just contacted them yesterday, so far they haven´t answered. Yet.

That makes perfect sense.

Hope for the best!

No, no news. I have other RL things to do - selling my flat, trying to buy a suitable house, etc., so I´m not working on it in these days. Will return when all things will be stable. And don´t worry, I will not stop my work.

Answer from Bethesda haven´t arrived so far, so I have finished Market Place Area. Now fully playable with sounds, both day and night renders with all doors work as they should. Empty, without any creatures. Except chickens, my favourite :)

Also adding a new rule - won´t post any pre-renders or partial screens. Only full rendered art. Don´t ask me why.

So far I´m doing it on my own and I prefer it, this way I can easily control the whole process. Areas will be generally empty (mean without any speciat quest related NPC, but with full ambients, music, general creatures like animals and animations), ready for populating process. I don´t want to hire any modders for creating NPC until all areas will be finished. And it will be a long process...

I will release it as a full compatible with ToB with the latest patch. Other compatibilities with some mega mods will perhaps come later.

Nice :) It looks quite interesting. The only thing is that the middle part is a bit empty. In game it may appear as even more visible empty space.

How many districts you're planning to do and how many are allready ready?

Thanks. My plan is to create about 6 or 7 exteriors, one of them as a port. According to that empty place - imagine how many interesting battles can be situated there...:) It was made intentionally - if I put some stuff in, not much space will left for the movement...

Oh, I see! :)

As for districts, it would be nice to see something completelly exclusive for this city - like for example a district which was devastated in a massive fire or something like that. You know, some burned houses, some surely would collapse etc.

However, I suppose you won't like the idea :p

No no, idea is quite nice, but very hard to realise. I would had to collect suitable textures (some burned ones, etc..), which I do not have, and other things - corresponding models etc... So no for the moment...

Next district will be something like Temple part. In Crimmor there is no such district that would be dedicated only to temples like in Athkatla... But I´m sure I can find a suitable part of the city where is at least one temple...:)

Maybe offer players a temple of a deity that did not appear in Athkatla. Like for example... Kelemvor or Mystra... I don't know.

Well, I hope that the "burned district" will become available one day :p

Archived