Other cities than Athkatla and BG...

Valiant

You are a Dabus

Still didn´t get it... Maybe I´m too old... :)

Statues.jpg

Btw, I would like to put a statue into the middle of district, but I will let this choice on you - modders, players, fans,... name it....

Just write row number and statue number in that row... First 10 posts will determine which one will be in the Market District... :cool:

In Planescape Torment, a dabus is a creature that remodels the streets of the city Sigil. :cool:

The statue depends on the background of the city I suppose. For a marketplace you may want something merchantile related. Maybe row 2, number 5?

I'd say row 2 number 2.

And the dragon suits some kind of government - maybe on the main government's ward? BTW, maybe government should be done as a kind of... castle - gate, inner ward and then the dragon on the ward and something like 3 different entrances - for example city guard office on the left, archives and documents on the right and the entrance on the center would be for town ruler. Obviously there may be more entrances - that would depend on how big is the castle/ward.

Ok folks, as there are no more post about the statue, I have decided it will be a statue from row 2, pos. 2 (the one with pool). Can´t wait any longer, any other delay would just slow my work... So I will put the statue into the middle of area and put some merchants around it along with their stuff...

just don't make it look too much like Chorrol. :cool:
It will look like Chorrol, because it is Chorrol... Whole city will be created from those models (Chorrol, Leyawiin, Cheydinhal, etc...)... btw, I wonder why nobody get the idea to create the town from these tilesets, except me. Or at least, nobody I have knowledge about.

You don´t ??

Btw, one thing is to use already builded models and the next one it to use them properly... Plain, simple importing doesn´t work, especially bump mapping is off... Don´t even mentioning the doors. They are pain.

...and finally, screen of the whole Market District...

MarketDistrict.jpg

As before - quality decreased (resizing, JPG conversion). Original dimensions are 2880x2560.

Now just render it all with closed door and then the night version - both with opened and closed door... Ahhh :cool:

the layout is nice.

what i don't like is the adherence to "historical" accuracy with the palette. it's all variations of brown and is quite visually uninteresting. maybe ash trees and granite were the inspirations for Obsidian, but that doesn't keep you from using oak and blue limestone, nevermind being able to paint the plaster areas any color available.

Archived