Other cities than Athkatla and BG...

Valiant

Any suggestions for the next part? Should it be a slums like, or temple? Mage tower, perhaps?....

The lavish style of the doors suggest to me that the immediate district is of moderate to high wealth (temple or mage would work. A merchants' market would be better I think, and/or main town hall).

Love the night version too.

You're not going to make a mod?
Me? No. Just art. Working areas, to be precise... I assume somebody else will, using my areas as a new workroom, where a new story and quests can be set.

You're just helping time to pass?
Not entirely sure what do you mean...?? :)

The lavish style of the doors suggest to me that the immediate district is of moderate to high wealth (temple or mage would work. A merchants' market would be better I think, and/or main town hall).
Market District it is, then... Will think about lanterns, too, but they are hell for creating wallgroups (most of them have to be hovering ones, and if you have them too much and don´t know how to set up them correctly, they do stupid things with shading...)
Not entirely sure what do you mean...??

So you're just doing it because you have a lot of time and nothing better to do...

...please, think about making new mod. That would be splendid, really! If you need some help with coding or something, I am sure you'd easly find those. If there's something I can help with, I can give it a try.

...please, think about making new mod.
Sorry, but no. I have already made one, and now I´m finishing with the last part of it (TOD)... That was my first, and also will be the last mod I´ve ever did... It will stay this way.

I like area creating, but really do not like creating all that needed stuff around - NPC, story, items, dialogs, scripts etc. That´s why I decided to create a brand new city without anything else added - an empty city only with some basic creatures - commoners, animals, guards. Think of it as my gift to IE community. It may become a mod, when somebody skilled enough take these areas and use them properly. But that´s won´t be me.

But it could be you, for example - do you think you´re skilled enough to use it and build on it a total new story, that will be at least as interesting and funny as original one? With all that it needs? Many NPCs, solid background, interesting stores,... etc. If yes, we can make a deal, but think of it - that´s a huge time consumpting work.

Perhaps now you see why I do not want to team up with somebody else. This way I have freedom in creation. And mainly the time.

Hi Valiant! Nice to see you again in map-making rampage. smile.gif
Hey, yarpen, glad to see you still around :) It´s been a long time we have talked together... Long time indeed...

I know, I already released some projects, but the thing is that I'd like to release my other mods first... I have 3 mods I've been working really hard and I want finish and release them...

My English isn't good enough, I gues. This project would meen a lot of work. I may be one in the team, but I'm not going to do everything on my own.

...at least for now :)

...and I´m pretty sure now you see my point... :)

I´ll take a few days break from 3d modeling. Next district will be much more challenging than simple city gates, and I want it to be a perfect. I must prepare for it, pick all suitable objects and pre-texture them. But my eyes hurt atm, that´s why I break for a moment...

Valiant, what about instead of creating whole city - new district of Athkatla. In Lands of Intrigue handbook it was mentioned that there was additional part of Athkatla called Merchant District. I think it'd be easier for someone else to create new NPCs, characters and quests connected to it instead of whole city. It'd only need to fit Worldmap - but I don't think that is such a problem for someone as talented in graphics as you. :)

Of course not, I was just wondering about the method.

Method was classical 3dmodeling - my eyes are pretty exhuasted now, after 20 hours of looking into LCD... :)

Valiant, does that mean that you have a 3D model for every plant, tree, box, wall, etcetera before you add light sources and render it from 3D to 2D? I have always wanted to do that to create areas (since I work with molecules and as such have great affinity with rendering programs). My question is though, where did you get all those 3D models, not to mention the textures that you use to fill them?

Does that not take ages to set up before you can even start to think of creating the area itself (i.e. placing objects and light sources).

Or am I wrong here?

Valiant, what about instead of creating whole city - new district of Athkatla. In Lands of Intrigue handbook it was mentioned that there was additional part of Athkatla called Merchant District. I think it'd be easier for someone else to create new NPCs, characters and quests connected to it instead of whole city. It'd only need to fit Worldmap - but I don't think that is such a problem for someone as talented in graphics as you. :)

The "problem" is that then making new areas to already existing locations (another Athkatla district for instance) one should make shure it'd look similar. For example, you can't just cut off a portion of the Trademeet and add it to Athkatla, they're too different. On the other hand, if you make the whole new city(or willage or anything else) we have no such issues :)

Archived