Other cities than Athkatla and BG...

Valiant

Btw, have anybody else used NWN models to build a new city?? I haven´t seen much of new area art in mods... Mostly borrowed. Well, maybe there are some I don´t have knowledge about, but still - a mod with brand new city would be a great opportunity for partial TC...

Just a suggestion: why not team up with another modder who is working on several quests instead of developing a (partial) TC? There were several TCs under development in the past few years, and none of them made the light of the day.

There is a high demand for area makers, so I'm pretty sure finding someone who has several quests planned isn't going to be hard. This will also give you a direction for your work.

-Galactygon

Btw, have anybody else used NWN models to build a new city?? I haven´t seen much of new area art in mods... Mostly borrowed. Well, maybe there are some I don´t have knowledge about, but still - a mod with brand new city would be a great opportunity for partial TC...

Just a suggestion: why not team up with another modder who is working on several quests instead of developing a (partial) TC? There were several TCs under development in the past few years, and none of them made the light of the day.

There is a high demand for area makers, so I'm pretty sure finding someone who has several quests planned isn't going to be hard. This will also give you a direction for your work.

-Galactygon

A little misunderstanding here. I do not plan to make a complete TC. I just want to make an art for myself, and, if I decide it´s good enough, I´ll post some screens and if somebody will want it, I´ll pass it to him. And only thing I´ll want will be the credit, nothing else... I do not want to team up with somebody else, because all this could lead to deadlines. And I don´t like deadlines.

This way I can work on it as long as I like without to be forced to finish it before some deadline expires... I like it my way. No offence to anyone, of course...

Aaah, yes, the city. With all its people and their accumulated wealth, yes... :)

Test.jpg

Just a first shot. Without any creatures, correct height, search and light maps, songs, containers, walls, animations, etc... Just for testing purposes (to see if water polygon is created correctly...)... Everything goes well so far... Of course, there will be a night map, too...

Nothing serious in this location, just a gates of an imaginary city... Similar to City Gates in Athkatla, but without buildings and a tavern... But the city must have a gate... :)

Working on it along with my new area for TOD.

What do you mean manually?? :)

If you mean sketched and then coloured, answer is no. It´s normally builded up and rendered in 3ds Max 2009... Whole area took about 20 hours - mean texturing, positioning, modeling, resizing, pre-rendering, etc... So it´s not something you can create in an hour...

Of course not, I was just wondering about the method.

Method was classical 3dmodeling - my eyes are pretty exhuasted now, after 20 hours of looking into LCD... :)

Did you find anything in NWN or did you get models from elsewhere?

From elsewhere... :) Guess the game... :goodwork:

By the way, this city won´t be included in TOD, it will be a standalone...

New night shots... Only creatures that use global sentences (not bounded with Athkatla city) like "Stand away, citizen" or such were taken from original BG2:ToB.

Test_01.jpg

Test_02.jpg

City Gates are finished. Started to work on the next part. Enjoy :)

I'd like to see some kind of... marketplace with some lantherns or something like that... or a place that would be a interior park, gardens or something.

I love those locations... maybe this is a stupid question but...

A little misunderstanding here. I do not plan to make a complete TC. I just want to make an art for myself, and, if I decide it´s good enough, I´ll post some screens and if somebody will want it, I´ll pass it to him. And only thing I´ll want will be the credit, nothing else... I do not want to team up with somebody else, because all this could lead to deadlines. And I don´t like deadlines.

You're not going to make a mod? You're just helping time to pass?

Archived