Other cities than Athkatla and BG...

Valiant

Sure, it would be wise to offer something that was not here yet, but I would like to stick to Crimmor as best as possible. If there´s such temple in this city, no problem, but if not, it would not be right to offer something that simply does not exist in particular location... We´ll see, I´ll try to find and grab as many informations as I can.

Btw, here´s night render. Also lit a few windows, just a little...

The_Coin_Night.jpg?ver=0

@Valiant:

First, congratulation for the quality of your work, I am a big fan of Tower of Deception, work you displayed here is fantastic.

Second, selfish, greedy question, is there a site or forum (apart this one ofr course) where your work progress can be followed? (know you once had a site in BWL, but this one looks closed now)

Hi all :)

@kvote

Thanks for your words, and I´m glad you like Tower Of Deception. Work displayed here is far from fantastic, I would say it´s decent...:)

And no, I do not have a special site or forum dedicated to the city art progress, so it cannot be followed anywhere. About BWL - I still visit it from time to time, only to check out my TOD section, to see if somebody hadn´t add some bug or something...

I do not need a special site or forum for this - I use to work silently, that´s the way I like it, and when something is finished, or partly finished, I post some pre-render screen, that´s all... So stay tuned here, I will post some screens as soon as make some next stuff...:) Btw, I´m working exteriors only - interior areas are made by someone else, but I won´t say the name, he do not wish so...

Val :)

Hi all :)

@kvote

Thanks for your words, and I´m glad you like Tower Of Deception. Work displayed here is far from fantastic, I would say it´s decent... :)

And no, I do not have a special site or forum dedicated to the city art progress, so it cannot be followed anywhere. About BWL - I still visit it from time to time, only to check out my TOD section, to see if somebody hadn´t add some bug or something...

I do not need a special site or forum for this - I use to work silently, that´s the way I like it, and when something is finished, or partly finished, I post some pre-render screen, that´s all... So stay tuned here, I will post some screens as soon as make some next stuff... :) Btw, I´m working exteriors only - interior areas are made by someone else, but I won´t say the name, he do not wish so...

Val :)

Thanks for answer, (understand you about silence... ;) )

To Lord-Jyssev: in light options in 3ds max, there´s a section about including or excluding objects in the scene the light will affect in a way, so for example for streetlamp lights you can exclude anything you want to be lightened, to cast shadows, etc... Similar with e.g. door or window lights...:) set it up correctly and you won´t have any light leaking though the wall...

About city progress - nothing so far from the last visit, as I´m pretty occupied with RL - bought a new house that take all my free time... but I must get back into it, or I will forget all my 3ds max skills soon :)

Ok, Coin district area is working now. Both day and night map, doors included. Only missing things are area music and population. Music will be added later, and population will be left to modders...:)

Here are screens from working area:

Baldr005.jpg?ver=0

Baldr003.jpg?ver=0

Slowly starting to work on temple area...:)

Nice!

Just a question, as I am not sure how it's going to work - are you trying to get a group of modders to populate the areas? Or are your mod will be adding just the areas and everyone can add whatever they want? Is anyone working on some baste stuff to include some commoners and innkeepers?

...sorry, I just got a bit lost in how this dish is going to be served :)

This "dish" :) is going to be served as an empty city with just some basic functioning stuff - mean fully working areas with general creatures like cats, rats, birds, etc. No other creatures (read actors) will be included. So modders will have to put life into it - add all the rest.

3 areas are done so far - gate area, market area, coins area. Although gate area is not fully corresponding with Crimmor Drover´s Gate, because of river involved (original gate are situated on land, not on the river), with one eye closed we can consider it as a Drover´s Gate with just some small river flowing in front of it :) I wouldn´t redone it anyway (too lazy)...

Temple area will follow, but first I must create a temple from Oblivion models... Stay tuned.

Archived