Tweak idea - drow item non - disintegration.

Andyr

<StoplightRed> is there a module floating around that makes the drow equipment not disintegrate in daylight?

Since it's done by script, it should be pretty easy. I haven't tested this but something along the lines of:

COPY_EXISTING ~AR2500.BCS~ ~override/AR2500.BCS~
DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~IF
Global("DROWITEMCHECKDONE","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
 MultiPlayerSync()
 SetInterrupt(FALSE)
 Wait(1)
 Continue()
END~

~IF
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("DROWITEMCHECKDONE","GLOBAL",1)
END~
COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

Or something along those lines. :rolleyes: Perhaps item descriptions would need to be updated too then...

Perhaps it might be better to EXTEND_TOP with something like

IF

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("DROWITEMCHECKDONE","GLOBAL",)

END

Then you dont have to reply on replacing something which may not exits.

The only way I can see this going from cheat to tweak, would be to add a timer before the disintigration happens. In PnP I believe it takes weeks to months before the items disintigrate once exposed. However, in the game it's only a matter of appearing on the surface. Adding a random timer to change it to X days, would make things somewhat more interesting. (Imagine being in the middle of a major battle, and having your wicked drow scimitar crumble to dust...) Just my 2 copper's worth.

Oh, and Andyr, there have been OODLES of such mods, just never one done in a modern method. (ie. File changes instead of file replacement.)

And this is coded as well. Drow items will disintegrate over time with a greater chance to disintegrate as time passes. The armor and weapons also have a small chance (1%, same as the stuff I coded for Tutu Fixpack) to break every time they're used in combat. :)

Incidentally, this will also be spun off into a Tutu Tweak--if nonmagical iron weapons can break, so can nonmagical iron armor, shields, helms...

Incidentally, this will also be spun off into a Tutu Tweak--if nonmagical iron weapons can break, so can nonmagical iron armor, shields, helms...

There were some alternate rules to allow for the breakage of armor in pen and paper, so this would work.

Well, my thought is really to address the discrepancy of how BG handles the iron crisis in the story. Nonmagical iron weapons regularly break due to the tainted iron, but nothing averse ever happens to nonmagical iron armor, shields, or helms.

Adding breakable stuff on general principle is easily doable, but it's one of those tweaks that would likely cause most players to simply growl and reload. I'm aware most folks probably wouldn't use the Tutu armor/helm/shield tweak for the same reason but I like it as it closes a plot hole. :)

For the record BP-BGT does the whole "Weapon/shield/armour" breakage thing. It's both satisfying and annoying at the same time. It's appealing from the roleplay standpoint. Having your shield trashed in the middle of melee is bang on. It also is a strain on finances to occassionally not be able to sell that armour you found. Additionally I enjoyed the odd time of being forced by necessity to use a character's secondary profs since those were the only replacement weapons available. As an "optional" component I heartily recommend it for us RPG-loving types.

Archived