"Roll Your Own Beta Pre-Beta Post-Alpha Pioneers"

cmorgan

OK, cool - so something is odd. PC is speaker, and C-ARAN is the dialog file being called. Now, how that would happen, I am at a serious loss.

Wait a sec...

I used a different sequence of coding for this one, to show two ways of coding. On the "goaded" taks, I used the "talk to yourself" script, appended to player1d. On the other ones, I just use the regular "run from NPC script" talk.

I wonder... I'll take a look.

I'll start investigating this evening!

Heh. Yep. I put the content for quick testing into Aran's materials, and did not finalize the swap.

/* I. Player Teases with lots and lots of flirts - from .bcs */

IF ~Global("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN a3353 /* TOO_MUCH_TEASING */
 SAY ~[ARAN] (A slight sound startles you awake. Aran's voice whispers from beside you.)~
 = ~[ARAN] Now, you have been teasin' me somethin' fierce, flirtin' away. Mayhap you want more than that, and mayhap not, but I do need to know. Do you want some company tonight, or should I go?~
 + ~GlobalLT("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4)~ + ~[PC] I don't know... I love flirting with you. But this is a big step. I am not sure I am ready for this.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3354 /* UNSURE_GOADED */
 + ~Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4)~ + ~[PC] I don't know... we have made love before. But things have changed. I am not sure I want to do this.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3354 /* UNSURE_GOADED */
 ++ ~[PC] I try to train you, and this is the result? Aran, I have tried to let you know that I expect you to take, not ask. This is a battlefield, to be won or lost on strength.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3355 /* PC_DEMANDS_STRENGTH */
 ++ ~[PC] (Pull the blanket free of your body, and draw him closer to you.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3356 /* SHARE_MY_BED */
 ++ ~[PC] Yes, I do. Come share my bed.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3356 /* SHARE_MY_BED */
 ++ ~[PC] The only thing I could have done to make it more obvious was to strip down, tackle you, and start screaming "take me now, you over-endowed, pea-brained idiot" at the top of my lungs.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3357 /* GET_YOUR_BUTT_IN_HERE_NOW */
 ++ ~[PC] Go away, Aran. I like flirting, but I do not want to do anything else, tonight or any other night.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3358 /* NO_WAY_THIS_OR_ANY_NIGHT */
 ++ ~[PC] Well, your timing stinks. Can't you come back another night? I am really not in the mood.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3359 /* TONIGHT_HAVE_HEADACHE */
 ++ ~[PC] I have someone I care for very deeply, who would be hurt if this became known. But if you can keep your mouth shut, then join me.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3360 /* PC_HAVING_AFFAIR */
END

APPEND PLAYER1D

/* I. Player Teases with lots and lots of flirts - from .bcs */

IF ~Global("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN a3353 /* TOO_MUCH_TEASING */
 SAY ~[PC] (A slight sound startles you awake. Aran's voice whispers from beside you.)~
 IF ~~ THEN EXTERN C-ARANJ a3353_transfer
END

END

APPEND C-ARANJ

IF ~~ a3353_transfer
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, you have been teasin' me somethin' fierce, flirtin' away. Mayhap you want more than that, and mayhap not, but I do need to know. Do you want some company tonight, or should I go?~
 + ~GlobalLT("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4)~ + ~[PC] I don't know... I love flirting with you. But this is a big step. I am not sure I am ready for this.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3354 /* UNSURE_GOADED */
 + ~Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",4)~ + ~[PC] I don't know... we have made love before. But things have changed. I am not sure I want to do this.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3354 /* UNSURE_GOADED */
 ++ ~[PC] I try to train you, and this is the result? Aran, I have tried to let you know that I expect you to take, not ask. This is a battlefield, to be won or lost on strength.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3355 /* PC_DEMANDS_STRENGTH */
 ++ ~[PC] (Pull the blanket free of your body, and draw him closer to you.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3356 /* SHARE_MY_BED */
 ++ ~[PC] Yes, I do. Come share my bed.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3356 /* SHARE_MY_BED */
 ++ ~[PC] The only thing I could have done to make it more obvious was to strip down, tackle you, and start screaming "take me now, you over-endowed, pea-brained idiot" at the top of my lungs.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3357 /* GET_YOUR_BUTT_IN_HERE_NOW */
 ++ ~[PC] Go away, Aran. I like flirting, but I do not want to do anything else, tonight or any other night.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3358 /* NO_WAY_THIS_OR_ANY_NIGHT */
 ++ ~[PC] Well, your timing stinks. Can't you come back another night? I am really not in the mood.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3359 /* TONIGHT_HAVE_HEADACHE */
 ++ ~[PC] I have someone I care for very deeply, who would be hurt if this became known. But if you can keep your mouth shut, then join me.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arangoaded","GLOBAL",3)~ + a3360 /* PC_HAVING_AFFAIR */
END

And the nightvisit stuff the same; I left the testing materials all in one file and did not move them appropriately:

/* Adult - Land. Attempting to have some fun, Romantic Encounters-style. */

/* moved up to emulate dreamscript eval */
IF ~Global("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN a3799 /* START_ARAN_PC_BOOTY_CALL */
 SAY ~[ARAN] (As you prepare for your rest, you recall the words you spoke to Aran earlier.)~
 ++ ~[PC] (You decide that now is not a good time, and warn him off.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXIT
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3576 /* START_LADY_OF_THE_WARM_LIPS */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",1)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3579 /* START_MAYHAP_I_GET_A_KISS */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",2)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3577 /* START_WITH_SHOULDER_PULL */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",3)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3581 /* START_GIVE_A_LAD_A_CHANCE */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",4)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3574 /* START_ARAN_CUTS_TO_CHACE_VOCAL */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",5)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3591 /* START_BEARING_GIFTS */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",6)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3495 /* START_NINE_HELLS_PC_ACTION */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",7)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3592 /* START_SUNES_LIPS */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",8)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3580 /* START_TRY_TO_BE_PHYSICAL */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",9)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ + a3568 /* START_LIP_EXERCISES */
END

should be

/* Adult - Land. Attempting to have some fun, Romantic Encounters-style. */

APPEND PLAYER1D

/* Night Visit from requests or flirts */
IF ~Global("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN BEGIN a3799 /* START_ARAN_PC_BOOTY_CALL */
 SAY ~[PC] (As you prepare for your rest, you recall the words you spoke to Aran earlier.)~
 ++ ~[PC] (You decide that now is not a good time for a romantic encounter, and warn him off.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0) RestParty()~ EXIT
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3576 /* START_LADY_OF_THE_WARM_LIPS */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",1)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3579 /* START_MAYHAP_I_GET_A_KISS */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",2)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3577 /* START_WITH_SHOULDER_PULL */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",3)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3581 /* START_GIVE_A_LAD_A_CHANCE */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",4)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3574 /* START_ARAN_CUTS_TO_CHACE_VOCAL */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",5)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3591 /* START_BEARING_GIFTS */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",6)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3495 /* START_NINE_HELLS_PC_ACTION */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",7)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3592 /* START_SUNES_LIPS */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",8)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3580 /* START_TRY_TO_BE_PHYSICAL */
 + ~Global("c-arankisses","LOCALS",9)~ + ~[PC] (Perhaps he will remember, as well.)~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN C-ARANJ a3568 /* START_LIP_EXERCISES */
END

I also need to get the script blocks sorted out. Both should be run from Player1D.bcs, and both should have

ActionOverride(Player1,StartDialog("Player1",Player1))

to make sure PC is talking/thinking to herself!

Also, intoxication should be 40 not 50, and the responses for the "goaded" talk do not let anyone exit neutrally. Although PC has said yes during the day, perhaps she wants the opportunity to have him show up and then change her mind in a less wordy, more ambiguous way. (Then again, unambiguous wordy-ness and purple prose are great descriptors for the whole mod! :) )

Sorry about this, cmorgan, but...changed the variable to 20 and progressed with the game. Luckily, I forgot to uninstall the troubleshooter, because we now have different issues:

-From the PID-selected the option telling Aran to join my PC during the next rest. And when trying to rest the next time instead of a talk from Aran, the PC flirt menu appeared over and over.

Running block 1 of c-arand.bcs

Running block 1 was repeating

Until I told Aran to forget about it and the PC flirt menu stopped popping up.

-After getting the Ranger Stronghold, again, the PC flirt menu started popping up over and over. Couldn't cont. from this one so shut off the game.

Running block 184 or c-aran.bcs

Running block 185 of c-aran.bcs

Running block 185 was the one repeating.

PM'd blocks 0-2 and blocks 183-186 so they don't take up space here. If you want the variables from my last save, just let me know.

@Aeryn - Thanks :)

Note to self - add third drunk talk tonight. People getting him drunk three times will get a stutter, as the third talk is nowhere to be seen in the GitHub copy.

From the PID-selected the option telling Aran to join my PC during the next rest

Two problems to correct; 1., the dreamscript "star flirt" is trying to fire and not resolving -

This one is because I doubled this flirt as a PID flirt possibility, merging two task - it is a malformed global.

SetGlobal("c-aranstar","GLOBAL",1) in a1423 c-aranstar should be SetGlobal("c-arandreamstar","GLOBAL",1).

To fix this, I need to separate and create an independent flirt, rather than trying to be unnecessarily tricky; temporary repair would be setting SetGlobal("c-arandreamstar","GLOBAL",1).

and #2, the nighttalk block is out of order. It should be the first one run, with blocking for the other night talks, so

/* Night Talk: Amorous */
IF
 Global("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",1)
 !Global("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",1)
 !Global("c-aranspar","GLOBAL",4)
 InParty(Myself)
 !RealGlobalTimerNotExpired("c-arandreamtalk","GLOBAL")
 !RealGlobalTimerExpired("RE_DreamTimer","GLOBAL")
 !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
 !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("c-arannightvisit","GLOBAL",2)
SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300)
RealSetGlobalTimer("c-arandreamtalk","GLOBAL",300)
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("c-arnltl")
StartDialogNoSet(Player1)
END

<<then the other blocks>>

On the second,

-After getting the Ranger Stronghold, again, the PC flirt menu started popping up over and over. Couldn't cont. from this one so shut off the game.

This is a classic application of mis-weighting! I have not yet moved the responses to getting strongholds above flirts and above PID. This one requires a new version; moving the single-condition states above the catch-all ones would be a good idea. Kind of like, well… breathing once in awhile is helpful…

I think I need to recheck the flirt toggle, too. The timer set on these should stop that being a constantly active state; something is not clearing it and allowing you to fall through to the PID.

Fixes probably up on GitHub in about 4 hours.

edit: some of the above will change because it has been moved properly to PLAYER1D, as well).

(Have I mentioned that these reports are hugely helpful, as obviously my alpha testing failed to fully account for a number of pathways? I am very grateful for the assistance. And this is rapidly becoming an alpha test rather than a beta - darned glad things are happening slowly!)

I forgot to mention this before and it may just be a temp. twitch, but the inn flirt appeared in Umar Hills once when forcetalking Aran outside.

Edit: You can add the Inn at Umar Hills to the list of areas that will CTD if you get Aran drunk there.

OK, that was a long 4 hours, but RL interfered - most materials in the last few posts addressed, but no time to document; will do so tomorrow. Set up a male/female looking-at-the-stars talk to fire on c-arandreamstars, and separated the flirt; c-goaded and c-arannighttalks now properly put on PLAYER1.DLG called from PLAYER1D.BCS, confirmed in DLTCEP but not test fired. Compilation order change for Stronghold responses moving them above the PID; typos fixed, and globals on that friend talk fixed.

No luck on figuring out why code like that would cause a crash...

and I don't think I have any blocks "backing out" inn flirts and such. I need to set that up.

Has anyone tried charming him with Ascension64's "allow charm dialogs" in place, and then talked to him? I wonder if that crashes, too - I tried it early on in mod development and it worked, but then so did the drunk banters.

Changes pushed to GitHub: cmorganbg-Aran-Whitehand-02c7b20.zip Have a good night!

Do you want Aran tested with multiple mods installed now? I've been running him with a very trimmed down install: BG2Fixpack, DGB, and a few of the components of BG2Tweaks. My typical install would include *many* other romance mods, Questpacks, etc. Thought it would be easier for you bug hunting that way.

Well here we go, got a bug to report for ya!

Was doing the de' Arnise keep quest, and Aran said next time we rested outside we should spar, I agreed. So I headed outside to sleep and spar, the conversation started, then I got this.

An Assertion failed in InfScreenWorld.cpp at line number 12884

this was one of those crash to desk top error boxes where you have to click ok. I was outside on top of de'Arnise keep. I'm gonna try and get this to run again somewhere else.

*edit

I just tried to do it again, this time it worked no crash, you should note though that I leveled Aran up right before I got the crash, and the second time I didn't level him first. I have a save from shortly before the crash so I'll keep that in case you want me to try and reproduce it.

*edit2

Minor error, double check your random responses, There were several times when Answer 1. and 2. or 3. and 4. etc would be the same.

Do you want Aran tested with multiple mods installed now? I've been running him with a very trimmed down install: BG2Fixpack, DGB, and a few of the components of BG2Tweaks. My typical install would include *many* other romance mods, Questpacks, etc. Thought it would be easier for you bug hunting that way.

Go for it! Thank you for doing the trimmed down install, as it has made sure the problems I have inflicted on you are all my own coding. Help yourself to putting him out there in the larger context - I'll split time between problem-solving this thread and getting the Aran_Aware add-on up and running, so that the pathways opened by having DR installed and playing a HeartWarder are available, and some of the other non-BioWare banters can be seen. And like the Slavers thing, if you run into something where you think he is missing an opportunity to back up (or poke at) PC, please let me know :)

Well here we go, got a bug to report for ya!

Was doing the de' Arnise keep quest, and Aran said next time we rested outside we should spar, I agreed. So I headed outside to sleep and spar, the conversation started, then I got this.

An Assertion failed in InfScreenWorld.cpp at line number 12884

this was one of those crash to desk top error boxes where you have to click ok. I was outside on top of de'Arnise keep. I'm gonna try and get this to run again somewhere else.

*edit

I just tried to do it again, this time it worked no crash, you should note though that I leveled Aran up right before I got the crash, and the second time I didn't level him first. I have a save from shortly before the crash so I'll keep that in case you want me to try and reproduce it.

Hmmm. I'll start looking around for any other times this kind of thing has happened.

edit> Well, besides Lynx and Avenger and Fuzzy having an IRC conversation regarding troubleshooting the GemRB emulation of BG2, nothing pops up. I did find this:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/to...39.html#msg2939

which shows some of the assertion errors, but not this one.

Can you please load that save and try it again? If it is consistently reproducible, we maty be able to help out the GemRB folks, or at least have something to bring to the reverse-engineering gurus.

*edit2

Minor error, double check your random responses, There were several times when Answer 1. and 2. or 3. and 4. etc would be the same.

Thanks - I didn't think that RandomNum thing through completely enough at the start! I forgot that sometimes the slot machine can come up 3,3,3,3... the second pass, I thought I got them all, but I must not have. They might all lead different places, but if they all look the same, that defeats the purpose.

Happy Dance! :) Gavin and the others will be in the next install.

Here's what I have for you so far with a clean install and the 02c7b20 files:

Party: Minsc, Yoshimo, Aran, Anomen

-Orrin: At a copper per broadside given to a new customers,...

Perhaps "to new customers" or "to a new customer"

-Forcetalking Aran in the C.C. has the same results as in the last game:

First attempt=(The musicians have struck up...

Second attempt=PC flirt menu will appear.

Did receive "(The musicians have struck up..." from Aran, (once), this game. That did not happen in the last.

PC Response (#6ingame): Walking with you here is nice..., lots of things can happen on at night.

Perhaps "happen on a night like this" or "happen at night"

-Comments from Aran on the Slaver Quest? Still not having any appear in game, if they are suppose to now.

-So far, no banters have appeared. Last game with previous files, at least one banter for each NPC in party by this point.

-Aran: I been on th' road now nigh on eight years, buy one count, an' my whole life by another...

"...by one count..."

-PC Response: I am good at cleaning up. I usually have to clean up after you regularly anyways.

"...regularly anyway." Might be better, since it's not Aran speaking.

-The Cleric option installs correctly now and he can be dual classed in-game as intended.

-But...No option shows up in the PC flirt menu to flirt with Aran after dual classing him to a Cleric.

- "(...age old dance." Still missing the ending parenthesis.

The others I will send by PM.

Racing through between stuff - one quick question -

-Forcetalking Aran in the C.C. has the same results as in the last game:

First attempt=(The musicians have struck up...

Second attempt=PC flirt menu will appear.

This is what I intended - talking to him in the bar will

Does it jar too much? Should I be suspending the PID and flirting through that menu in favor of always running that (musicians..? If so, I could simply extend the bar flirt menu as an independent PID. On the Male PC side, it plays through some stuff, but this was less important, as all you get to do is play a game, trash talk about chicks, and mutter incomprehensible male stuff. I should have included the belching and breaking wind, but couldn't find a particularly funny way of doing so.

Either way, if it is better gameplay to simply have a standard "in the inn" PID instead of having a special one play and then allow access to a PID, now is a great time to move things that are set up to respond specifically to inn areas and a copy of the flirts into that inn PID and just let it run consistently...

-Comments from Aran on the Slaver Quest? Still not having any appear in game, if they are suppose to now.

Not written yet - I need to recheck the current materials and see what git left on the cutting-room floor and what actually made it into the thing. He is supposed to respond to seeing the slavers that spawn outside the CC at night at one point, I know that. (Got my work cut out for me!)

No real issues when Aran got drunk the first time. Forcetalked him for the first drunk talk. The second time, however, (in the C.C.), it appeared like he was going to start a talk with my PC, then the game locked up tight and a few seconds later it CTD. Apparently, there's something going on with the second drunk talk.

And still the issue of having to force-talk him.... his .bcs is supposed to initiate dialog once he gets over 40 intoxication. So something is still wrong with the darned thing. Very odd, as the first block is running correctly, or you would not have a talk to force. Looking again:

/* Drunk Talks (incorporates Flirts if gender and romance variables set) */
/* Using GLOBAL here so it can influence friendtalks */
IF
 GlobalLT("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",4) // shuts down sequence when finished
 InParty(Myself)
 CheckStatGT(Myself,40,INTOXICATION) // Whoot - the room is moving about too much
 OR(13)
AreaCheck("AR0313") // Sea's Bounty
AreaCheck("AR0406") // Copper Coronet
AreaCheck("AR0509") // Five Flagons
AreaCheck("AR0522") // Five Flagons (Stronghold)
AreaCheck("AR0704") // Mithrest Inn
AreaCheck("AR1105") // Umar Inn
AreaCheck("AR1602") // The Vulgar Monkey
AreaCheck("AR2010") // Vyatri's Pub, Trademeet
AreaCheck("AR0709") // Den of the Seven Vales 1st Floor
AreaCheck("AR0513") // Calbor's Inn at Bridge District 1st Floor
AreaCheck("AR0021") // Crooked Crane 1st Floor
AreaCheck("AR1602") // Brynnlaw's Inn
AreaCheck("C-AR01") // The Broken Sword (Aran's initial inn )
 OR(2)
Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",0)
Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2)
// Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",4)
 InMyArea(Player1)
 CombatCounter(0)
 !See([ENEMY])
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
IncrementGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",1)
END

That is working.

The firing one is not:

IF
 !GlobalTimerNotExpired("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL") // Timer (game-time) has never been set or has expired
 InParty(Myself)
 !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
 InMyArea(Player1)
 OR(13)
AreaCheck("AR0313") // Sea's Bounty
AreaCheck("AR0406") // Copper Coronet
AreaCheck("AR0509") // Five Flagons
AreaCheck("AR0522") // Five Flagons (Stronghold)
AreaCheck("AR0704") // Mithrest Inn
AreaCheck("AR1105") // Umar Inn
AreaCheck("AR1602") // The Vulgar Monkey
AreaCheck("AR2010") // Vyatri's Pub, Trademeet
AreaCheck("AR0709") // Den of the Seven Vales 1st Floor
AreaCheck("AR0513") // Calbor's Inn at Bridge District 1st Floor
AreaCheck("AR0021") // Crooked Crane 1st Floor
AreaCheck("AR1602") // Brynnlaw's Inn
AreaCheck("C-AR01") // The Broken Sword (Aran's initial inn )
 CombatCounter(0) // Not in combat
 !See([ENEMY]) // Can't see any enemies
 OR(2)
Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",1)
Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",3)
// Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",5)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("c-arandf")
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

OK, logic check. Is there any place *other* than an inn that a player can have their intoxication state raised? Perhaps the trigger should just be

IF
 OR(2)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("c-arandf")
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

/* rollback for being out of area we want it to fire: */

IF
 InParty(Myself)
 !AreaCheck("AR0313") // Sea's Bounty
 !AreaCheck("AR0406") // Copper Coronet
 !AreaCheck("AR0509") // Five Flagons
 !AreaCheck("AR0522") // Five Flagons (Stronghold)
 !AreaCheck("AR0704") // Mithrest Inn
 !AreaCheck("AR1105") // Umar Inn
 !AreaCheck("AR1602") // The Vulgar Monkey
 !AreaCheck("AR2010") // Vyatri's Pub, Trademeet
 !AreaCheck("AR0709") // Den of the Seven Vales 1st Floor
 !AreaCheck("AR0513") // Calbor's Inn at Bridge District 1st Floor
 !AreaCheck("AR0021") // Crooked Crane 1st Floor
 !AreaCheck("AR1602") // Brynnlaw's Inn
 !AreaCheck("C-AR01") // The Broken Sword (Aran's initial inn )
 OR(2)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
IncrementGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",-1)
END

The problem with doing that is if Aran is both intoxicated and dead, the game will crash. I don't remember what will happen if Player1 is CD_STATE_NOTVALID; I just remember we started putting all this CD_STATE_NOTVALID on CHAIN lines and banters because if you had dead characters trying to talk, the game crashed, and if you had an area check and a dead player it crashed...

Hmmm. Perhaps.

Archived