"Roll Your Own Beta Pre-Beta Post-Alpha Pioneers"

cmorgan

Had major issues with my game last night which led to a re-install of the whole blasted game! It started with a CTD when equipping any character with the Blade of Roses, then Azure Edge, and progressed until it would CTD if anything above a basic weapon was equipped. I suspect the serious lock-up\CTD I reported yesterday corrupted game files. But just in case you had anything that might have contributed to this, I figured you needed to know. We're back up and running now with a new install and I've already downloaded the new files. Have a great day guys.

Just letting you know, no stutters or crashes since the inventory one. I've gotten him drunk in the Mithrest Inn twice with no crash, but for one reason or another, my installation seems to be crash-resistant, for some reason I've never been able to fathorm. Which makes troubleshooting crashes frustrating.

Nope... those two are written into the area file. But I never explicitly use MakeGlobal() on them. They do not deactivate, etc. Do any of the others disappear, or are you going all Halloween and wandering around an empty inn?

Just a personal quirky thing, but there really isn't a teasing option in the talk that begins "You know, it does a man right good just to watch you (etc)." You've got what sounds like acknowledgement of feeling, what sounds like dismissal (ah, it's just last night's dinner), poking fun at his language, and what sounds like fear of rejection (whatever you've got going on, don't hurt me). I'm looking for something subtly encouraging without putting all the feelings out there in the open quite yet. We haven't even gone sparring yet!

Edit: And "The musicians have struck up a lively dance tune" is infuriating if you repeatedly choose to flirt with other patrons. He keeps going upstairs, but instead of doing RestParty() or something else to end it, he just talks to you again with "The musicians have struck up a lively dance tune" again. After about 10 tries, I gave up and just went for a walk with the guy. It isn't a stutter because it's pretty clear that this is intended behavior, but maybe don't have him leave the table and go upstairs at the end of it.

Actually, I think that it might be a good idea to do that RestParty(). If I am describing him as being driven off for the night, it kind of makes sense that it would be the last thing done...

So, to do list item: look for flirts and talks where Aran or PC definitely leaves, and add RestParty on them.

Nope, just Orrin and Erika.

Oh, wait! I found them! Somehow, they wound up in a closed-off room, second up from the bottom left, the one with Gerald the Strong in it. And Toran is there, too. Funky!

Now that is strange. I will have to take a look and see if I can replicate the behavior, and look at other mods that distribute .cres embedded in areas rather than spawning them.

Yes - all the streamtalks are placeholders, and two or three of the bath possibilities. The baths ones have been giving me trouble for over a year now, but I think they are within range of being put in within a week. (I am still trying to get a bath-talk that actually leads naturally to, well.... an actual bath. Writing a friendly bath between adults should not be that difficult, but apparently I have a very dirty mind.)

Same with the streamtalks. Too much text-painting, not enough conversation - and there needs to be a lot more for the friendship side of things than the romantic.

"Hey, I been thinking" talk mentions that the PC has no soul. Either Aran is being uncharacteristically judgmental or this talk is supposed to fire post-Spellhold. Since it's happening in Waukeen's Promenade in Chapter 2, my poor Seline of Candlekeep is a little confused.

More on its way. I'm doing a little research on that "musicians thing" with the intent of letting the PC see all the content without having Aran storm up to his room too early. I'll probably send that part via PM. No point in taking up bandwidth over it.

In other news, I found that extended Aran/Gavin crossmod interjection we wrote about a million years ago about the Umar Hills kids that want swords and ale. I'll post it in the Aran/Gavin crossmod thread in the workroom, though.

Writing a friendly bath between adults should not be that difficult, but apparently I have a very dirty mind.

Thank the Gods! We wouldn't have Aran otherwise. :)

But, if you want a no intimacy bath/stream thing, what about the PC or Aran being hurt badly and the other is simply mending/cleaning wounds, washing blood, etc. from hair and clothes or something like that. Any other situation seems unlikely my PC would not want to take advantage of him and the situtation.

What kind of "Wilderness area" is required for Aran's sparring night talk? Tried it in the Umar Hills, traditionally considered a wilderness area, and got nada. Suggestions?

That's weird, I got that talk without even needing to be in a wilderness area, I just had to sleep outside. Well technically I guess it was wilderness, (outside de'Arnise Keep).

However did you get the talk where he offers to spar first, then says that now is a bad time so next time you all decide to rest outside you can have a go at it?

Archived