IceWind Dale 2

Ishad Nha

AR4100 crash, what I have noticed is that just before the crash two PCs are moved elsewhere for no apparent reason.

PC5, PC2 found at:

[GameControl]: Position: ar4100 [1953.2532]

[GameControl]: Position: ar4100 [1589.1534]

Four PCs remain in the lower left corner while two are moved for no reason that I can see.

Log is not mentioning the cause of the crash from what I can see.

ar4000: I can confirm there's a few things wrong with Beodaewn's crew (complicated scripting involved). The animation spam was fixed.

I couldn't reproduce any trap crashes, though there were some code changes in the meanwhile. I did manage to get one with Illium at one point and plugged it.

minimal though. I'm still looking for programming newbies/midbies to help me get the boring levelup work started.

If you have to yank-kill everyone to make progress, that's not good enough testing after a while, since it can affect scripts and you're skipping a lot of potential bugs. A very nice effort by Ishad though, I can't imagine manually levelling every char. :O

I now suspect there are no trap crashes at AR4000, the crashes are coming from the creatures in the north east.

In levelling up, practice makes perfect, it is a pill though.

Fortunately you have the original game as a reference, you can level up the party there at will. You need both DaleKeeper and Near Infinity to alter the Gem save game.

GemRB-win32-v0.8.0-121-gd08c7d5: now I can play all of AR4000 without a crash. There is still a problem with multiple versions of Illium Ar'Ghrenoir.

None of the Aurilite Druids cast spells, not even when in normal form. (Unless they have all shapechanged and this is not clear.)

Ditto, AR4100 has no introductory crash.

Ok, there are 3 Illiums since we haven't implemented some of the iwd2 area format details. It's almost certainly the same reason why there are so many orcs (etc) in the previous areas. Since the triplets are identical in the area (besides using different cres), all use the same scripts and none of them does any selfdestructing, the original perhaps enabled them depending on difficulty/party level. But that would be crazy, since it would duplicate the existing area spawn functionality AND what bgs have with npclevels.2da. Yet they did just that:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=23989&view=findpost&p=198024

investigating ... Yep, I just need to add support for that, as we aren't even reading the fields now.

The druid thing may be due to the changed spellcasting system in iwd2, which brought new targetting. It mostly works, but I have a wip change locally to make it better, which may also fix this problem (guessing normal combat overrides spellcasting).

Ok, the difficulty stuff is now implemented, so those npcs don't come in triples anymore, which also holds for plenty of monsters in chapter1, so this also plugs the big xp leak. :) At least partly, since I'm not sure we handle the challenge rating vs. party level xp calculation right (old note, no idea if still true).

You need to visit a new area to see the effects or start from a save before entering it for the first time.

XP leak may not be a bad thing, IWD2 is so linear (Swastika) that it needs the leak to keep it interesting. None of the options to choose where you go, as in BG2 Chapters 2 and 3.

Levelling up code should not be too hard, it is already handled in DaleKeeper and Near Infinity. All you need to do is take the DaleKeeper code and translate it. Time permitting for you of course.

Oh we have the basics covered or you wouldn't be able to play as much at all. Character generation code is almost identical, so it just needs generalising and tying up in the other GUI. Mostly just some work that is tedious to me.

Yes, I am using it, both spells still fry the caster.

Can't make the Aurilite Holy Symbol appear, may have to console it in.

I uploaded a new save file at the first post in this topic.

I choose one PC to trigger a cold trap when opening one of the doors, any attempt to then select the numbed PC will freeze the game. Casting Heal on the PC will remove the problem. Pressing the = button will tell you whether it is safe to select the PC.

the door traps cast icelance, which has a chance of stunning. You just have to pick another character until the inflictee comes back.

the rock piles are buggy indeed. In several ways.

Archived