IceWind Dale 2

Ishad Nha

Drink Potion: Oil of Fiery Burning?!

Shaengarne area: Malarites stand around while the party kills their friends.

Shaengarne Dam, knocking down two of the three supports was enough to collapse dam?! Graphics don't update in the middle. Nor does the area map, this may be a feature of the original game.

Druid takes a level of Ranger then can't cast Druid spells.

About half of the features of the game are actually implemented.

Edit:

Some of these problems may be transient, Druid -> Ranger spell casting glitch was not found on a previous save game...

If the IESDP guide is anything to go by, IWD2 file formats seem to be less understood than BG2, hence the GemRB version may suffer from that.

The Wizard takes a level of Paladin and then can't use Mage scrolls.

Improved Invisibility is one of the spells that is not working, Orcs can see right through it.

Shaengarne Dam, this time I knocked down the supports going from right to left, everything worked normally.

Now, we are at the very tricky Shaengarne Bridge.

In Icewind Gate 2, played with the IWD2 engine, See Invisibility did not work at all. Original game had a flaw or it was IWG2.

Invisibility Sphere made the bridge a relatively easy event.

The latest save is now found at the first post in this topic, on page 1. Area is AR3000, party is now level 12.

Killing a monster south of the NE bridge leads immediately to the death of the first still-living PC! Fortunately this only happens near the bridge. I see no cause for it.

I am using GemRB-win32-v0.8.0-7-g9ec555c

A Shaman named Trugnuk is supposed to drop the key to the Goblin Warrens, but I can find no trace of him. Create Creature enabled me to summon him, creature code is 30OrcTru.

From the IESDP description of the iWD2 Cre file:

0x0034 8 (resref) Small Portrait (BMP)

0x003c 8 (resref) Large Portrait (BMP)

0x0044 1 (signed byte) Reputation (minimum value: 0)

0x0045 1 (byte) Hide In Shadows (base)

0x0046 2 (signed word) Armor Class

0x0045, in my latest save file it is found at offset 20BF for Harbesh. Generally this is found in between Reputation and Armor Class, IESDP calls it "Hide In Shadows (base)". Harbesh was dead, I raised him with Ctrl+R but his small portrait was still obscured by ugly gray masking. But changing the value of 0E to 00 caused the gray masking of Harbesh's portrait to go away.

Not sure what you mean with this IESDP bit.

I think Trugnuk runs into the castle if you don't manage to intercept him after alarming the camp. No idea how he behaved in the original.

I can reproduce your wierd death thing. Juding from the high levels, maybe the worg riders got some weapons with a chance of instakill? Unlikely, investigating.

IESDP, let someone get killed, then raise them Ctrl+R. The small portrait should be grayed out. To get rid of the graying-out you need to alter offset 0045. This seems to be a discovery of mine.

"I think Trugnuk runs into the castle if you don't manage to intercept him after alarming the camp. No idea how he behaved in the original."

That could collapse the game unless Knock gets you through one of those two doors in AR3000. You don't get his key, you can't get through either of those doors.

Portraits are greyed out if the pc is dead, so you're probably only missing a redraw after ctrl-r.

Those deaths are suicides. I haven't managed to pinpoint the origin down yet, but they call Kill on themselves. :)

Ok, that one is fixed. It was the worg rider's fault, since they have a complicated script when they get hurt (dismount and then either or none get killed).

oh, the southern door can be opened through dialog, but that's one of the missing features (you'll notice the same in the warrens).

Really need to have icons for items in heaps of bodies on top of everything else, or you may miss treasure. Items are on ground, beneath all the bodies, this is the case even when you hit Alt. This is a long running hassle.

One remedy, when you hit Alt, you can have the blue item selection field appear on top of everything else.

Really need to have icons for items in heaps of bodies on top of everything else, or you may miss treasure. Items are on ground, beneath all the bodies, this is the case even when you hit Alt. This is a long running hassle.

One remedy, when you hit Alt, you can have the blue item selection field appear on top of everything else.

that may not be as easy as you make it sound. i believe corpses are just dead actors drawn by themselves and piles are probably drawn by the map. changing the order would then always draw at least piles over all actors, dead or not (maybe thats what we want?). Then again I don't really know; ill let lynx field this one.

I think the piles, "heaps", only come into existence when the monster is dead. The Sav save game file shows the heaps in each AR area as being independent of the "actors", creatures.

Goblin Warrens, Invisibility is cast upon the party Thief, then he wanders around the dungeon and removes all of the traps. One fun trick is to open all of the doors in a dungeon. Mutually hostile groups of monsters bump into each other and mayhem results.

I'm the ctrl-w kind, so I didn't notice such problems yet. It should be visible in all games though, but I guess the others lack the carnage. Some testing of the originals is needed - what happens if you're standing directly infront of a pile (what is drawn?), obscuring it?

Yes, heaps are their own entities - a special type of container. They're created when actors drop part of their inventory on death.

Outer Courtyard of Horde Fortress, Ctrl+W came in handy.

Now party has arrived at Chapter 2, game is playable.

I could not get the sound in the Western Pass movie to actually play. But the words are just a paraphrase of the second paragraph of the Chapter 2 text, string reference 14,452.

A quick alteration to icewind2.ini enabled me to play the movie on IWD2

[Movies]

BISLOGO=1

INFELOGO=1

became:

[Movies]

BISLOGO=1

MIDDLE=1

Archived