Modlist Approval and Recommended Newer Mods

Grunker

Hi guys, could you take a look at this modlist and tell me if there are obvious mistakes that will 'cause problems? It isn't too complex so it should work out, I think:

1) ToBEx

2) BWP Fixpack

3) BG2 Fixpack

4) BGT

5) 1PP (does this even work? I'm seeing a lot of debate that the newer versions are broken, but no final words on what versions to use?)

6) BG1NPC

7) BG1NPC Music

8) Quest Pack

9) Wheels of Prophecy

10) Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters

11) Beyond the Law

12) Aurora's Shoes and Boots

13) Item Randomizer

14) SCS

15) SCSII

16) BGT Tweak

17) BG2 Tweak

18) BGT Music

19) BGT GUI

20) Item Randomizer

21) LadeJarl's Tutu GUI

22) Widescreen mod

Furthermore, I haven't kept up with the mod scene recently (last couple of years). Anything cool I should know about? :)

Scratch Branwen, there's Dace! Great new voicing and an all-around girl(or lady) you can befriend or romance. I think she's a great candidate for guys(I'd recommend Ninde, but there's no voicing at all, and while she's great, she's also evil).

Hi guys, could you take a look at this modlist and tell me if there are obvious mistakes that will 'cause problems? It isn't too complex so it should work out, I think:

1) ToBEx

2) BWP Fixpack

3) BG2 Fixpack

4) BGT

5) 1PP (does this even work? I'm seeing a lot of debate that the newer versions are broken, but no final words on what versions to use?)

6) BG1NPC

7) BG1NPC Music

8) Quest Pack

9) Wheels of Prophecy

10) Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters

11) Beyond the Law

12) Aurora's Shoes and Boots

13) Item Randomizer

14) SCS

15) SCSII

16) BGT Tweak

17) BG2 Tweak

18) BGT Music

19) BGT GUI

20) Item Randomizer

21) LadeJarl's Tutu GUI

22) Widescreen mod

Furthermore, I haven't kept up with the mod scene recently (last couple of years). Anything cool I should know about? :)

Sounds ok. I'd skip Beyond the Law, install BGTweaks and BG2Tweaks prior to SCS2, Randomizer after SCS2 and add whatever Kulyok made :D for NPCs and Quests. Seriously, these are top notch.

aTweaks is an exellent mod covering most of creatures untouched by SCS.

If Item/Spells are your fancy, read about IR and SR mods here.

1PP v4.1 is ok, just be sure not to install "elementals" part of it since it causes CTD and within BG Options "translucent shadows" must be on.

Thanks guys, you're awesome (second time today Kulyok is there to assist) <3

@1PP: Is it really only elementals that is broken? The entire thread is awash with all sorts info, hard to dig through :S

@Beyond the Law: Why would you skip that? :)

@Dace/Ninde: I wanted to try out Ninde, but I don't think she'll fit in my current playthrough. Dace looks awesome though! The only problem is: she has no level 1 NPC component as far as I can see, and since I'm going to be upping the difficulty, I'd like control over NPC character mechanics.

@aTweaks: Oh, cool mod! I want to add that! Where should I put it on the list?

Thanks guys, you're awesome (second time today Kulyok is there to assist) <3

@1PP: Is it really only elementals that is broken? The entire thread is awash with all sorts info, hard to dig through :S

Yes...and glitching with "translucent shadows off".

@Beyond the Law: Why would you skip that? :)

Archer has 3*** in 2-handed sword. :p Just not my kind of NPCs.

@Dace/Ninde: I wanted to try out Ninde, but I don't think she'll fit in my current playthrough. Dace looks awesome though! The only problem is: she has no level 1 NPC component as far as I can see, and since I'm going to be upping the difficulty, I'd like control over NPC character mechanics.

Afaik Dace's sword gives her 0 apr....

@aTweaks: Oh, cool mod! I want to add that! Where should I put it on the list?

Last.

19) BGT GUI

21) LadeJarl's Tutu GUI

Erhm you can only have one of these, well as in the last one is the only one that's actually only used.

Like ? Well the BG2:EE is coming out soonish, but what kind of stuff are you looking for... the PPG released a 2 new quest mods lately. Other than that the BWS is no longer maintained, but there's some light on it as soon as the fighting over it stops...

EDIT: So everyone agrees 1PP is fine without Elementals-component? :)

Erhm you can only have one of these, well as in the last one is the only one that's actually only used.

An artifact from back when I wanted BGT UI.

Well the BG2:EE is coming out soonish

I'd rather have an expanded BG2 with good difficulty, item randomization and the works than what basically amounts to a copy of the original with the added disadvantage of mod incompatability.

but what kind of stuff are you looking for

Anything good that's been released in the last couple of years, pretty much :)

I'd also suggest Rogue Rebalancing and Tower of Deception.

Both sound good... how about this insall order:

1) ToBEx

2) BWP Fixpack

3) BG2 Fixpack

4) BGT

5) 1PP v4.1

6) 1PPv3 Avatar Fixes

7) BG1NPC

8) BG1NPC Music

9) The Lure of the Sirine's Call

10) Quest Pack

11) Wheels of Prophecy

12) Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters

13) Tower of Deception

14) Back to Brynnlaw

15) Assassinations

16) The Sellswords

17) Beyond the Law

18) Angelo Dosan

19) Aurora's Shoes and Boots

20) Aurora's Shoes and Boots Fix

21) BG1 Unfinished Business

22) BG2 Unfinished Business

23) Rogue Rebalancing

24) Level 1 NPC

25) SCS

26) SCSII

27) BGT Tweak

28) BG2 Tweak

29) aTweaks

30) BGT Music

31) Item Randomizer

32) LadeJarl's Tutu GUI

33) Widescreen mod

I highly recommend Angelo(heheheh, I coded it, after all), but Angelo doesn't have crossmod with Kova and Kyone, so you might have fewer banters than usual. I'd recommend Banter Pack to counter it.

Second the Tower of Deception, but if you're installing quest mods like Quest Pack and the Lure of the Sirine's Call, I'd say you'll not regret Back to Brynnlaw/Assassinations/The Sellswords.

But it's your install, and looks like you'll be having fun. :D

Just to chip in on BG2EE -- there are actually a bunch of modders working on it, including myself and CamDawg, who can verify that mod incompatibility isn't really going to be an issue. Some mods will need a few updates, but the majority should work with very few changes at all. It's something we all obviously care about quite a bit. ;)

I highly recommend Angelo(heheheh, I coded it, after all), but Angelo doesn't have crossmod with Kova and Kyone, so you might have fewer banters than usual. I'd recommend Banter Pack to counter it.

Second the Tower of Deception, but if you're installing quest mods like Quest Pack and the Lure of the Sirine's Call, I'd say you'll not regret Back to Brynnlaw/Assassinations/The Sellswords.

But it's your install, and looks like you'll be having fun. :D

Thanks! As for crossmod banter, that's a main concern I have, but I like the scope of Beyond the Law, and I like what I've read of Angelo. As for Banter Packs, it will be installed, but not before reaching BG2 so as to not cause problems with BGT. BtB, Ass and Sellswords, I'll give a look. Thanks again Kulyok!

BTW, is the Imoen Romance Mod any good? I've never even considered using it, but it gets a lot of praise, and I see there's a v2 BETA up. Is it compatible with BGT, and is the BETA stable?

Just to chip in on BG2EE -- there are actually a bunch of modders working on it, including myself and CamDawg, who can verify that mod incompatibility isn't really going to be an issue. Some mods will need a few updates, but the majority should work with very few changes at all. It's something we all obviously care about quite a bit. ;)

Well... while I respect your work (and the work of other modders on the EE's), BG:EE is far from compatible with what I'd like to use. Until I log on and find a post basically telling me I can run BG:EE + BG2:EE and every single one of my desired mods with no problems, I'll stay sceptic. Again, I have nothing but respect for the modders (and you know I like you Kaeloree), but I do no like Trent, his vision of the EE's or the project itself. I see very few compelling reasons to get a new edition that may cause issues with mods I now consider the bread and butter of my BG experience (like SCS). Sorry.

Maybe in many years it will be my preferred method of playing Baldur's Gate, but I'm not touching it until I know for sure it is the surperior version.

I installed and liked Imoen romance mod, myself, but I have macabre tastes, so be warned. If you install it, don't use the beta - they've deleted all the juicy bits like... well, dark bits and random bits that made the mod truly stand out. (Yes, it can be childish, and yes, it can be... well... well... I have no words for it. But if you want to romance Imoen, that's your only choice). There's Imoen Friendship by Kaeloree(haven't played it yet, though) and Back to Brynnlaw adds a few conversations with Imoen, too, btw - you can install them together. Warning: the old Imoen romance overwrites some files, so, please, install it among the first mods, before all other NPC mods.

Archived