Mass Effect for PC?

Domi

I already have the Restored Content 1.8.2, do I need the planet add-on as well for the game to make sense, or do you refer to the RC module?
No, you do not need the planet at all for the story to make sense... it's there for additional game play. It might be good to skip it now as you are already in game... there's supposed to be update somewhere around 2014 for both mods and the planet gets additional content.

Ouh, and yes, happy x-mas and the rest of the year...

Making progress on the KOTOR II :) Very good game, lots of dialogue. A story is typical Obsidian with the memory loss (can they EVER forget PST?) but at least I don't feel like stripping any of the characters down and putting them upfront to suffer. Yet. Kreia is almost there, but she is more of a love to hate char, then Shandra-quality nag. It's good that I have played KOTOR I a few years back, otherwise I would have had stronger issues with the liberties that the authors took with my Revan. And, yes, undying gratitude to the modders of course, because I am sure the game would not have been as smooth and full of content without the Restoration project.

And, my kiddo tries to play it too now. Heh. Good thing it's VERY PG13.

The Future Shop does not even have a PC game section any longer, so I think that I will buy this version of the ME if I feel like playing another game after I finish KOTOR II - so far I am like OMG, I missed it so much!

And, yes, undying gratitude to the modders of course, because I am sure the game would not have been as smooth and full of content without the Restoration project.
May I ask on how manyeth planet you are on ?

Yeah, Kreia is what she is, but she first lost her life and then her hand in helping you. Well, that's part of my theory on the pre-tutorial thingy...

Just left Telos for Oderon, but ended up on Junx moon where Atton forcefully stayed with the ship, even though Bao-Dur is the mechanical genius. (Sigh) I've almost considered swapping Kreia for T3M4, but didn't.

A very needed PC dialogue option (to Bao-Dur):

PC: Kreia has secrets, Atton has secrets, even T3-M4 has secrets! I am dead sure I have secrets in my forgotten past. Common, at least pretend you have secrets. I can't stand the suspense.

KOTOR II is a lot of fun... but much more fun with the Restoration Pack. Otherwise it's like, great build up, great story... vhshh, nothing. Very disappointing ending after a relatively awesome game.

Of course, I've never actually finished a game with the Restoration Pack. Now I want to play it again, but I feel like I'd have to start with KOTOR first...

Of course, I've never actually finished a game with the Restoration Pack. Now I want to play it again, but I feel like I'd have to start with KOTOR first...
Well, then why not... play the first game and add in the Solomon's revenge mod. PS there's v1.1 patch... of course that mod will start near the end of the first game.
I should have went for Dantoine not Onderon, but once I finish the moon, I think I will set of for Dantoine. Fingers crossed I can put in a few hours tomorrow.
As long as you have access to the spaceship without special encounter at the dock(the entrance to the ship), you should be able jump from one world to another without consequences.
Well, then why not... play the first game and add in the Solomon's revenge mod. PS there's v1.1 patch... of course that mod will start near the end of the first game.

Ooo, interesting. Are there any other KOTOR mods worth looking at, or is KOTOR a one mod at a time deal?

Sigh... there are far too many games and far too little time. I just restarted both Icewind Dale and PS:Torment.

Ooo, interesting. Are there any other KOTOR mods worth looking at, or is KOTOR a one mod at a time deal?
Well, the mods that I am aware of all overwrite the files that they modify, the only exception is that the mod installer usually used, actually compiles the dialog file just like the weidu.exe does to the BG2 mods... so it's likely that you need to select the mods and install order to the particular of your liking.

So yes, you can install all the graphical environment mods and the quest mods and lightsaber mods and force power mods... but if one mod edits the same files as the other, you will only experience the later ones changes. That can lead to bad things like uncompilable quests and so forth, so caution should be takes, and something.

yeah, i had to "finish" Onderon before being allowed to depart. No biggie though, it was fun, and they all but showered me with lightsabers. Will start Dantoine today. Kindda happy that Obsidian is so PG13, because my child is glued to my side now. Now, I am always a fan of the grown-up RP games, but now I am worried about ME for seven-year-old audience. (Shakes head) So far she thinks kissing is gross in the movies, unless it's Thor.

There are some scenes- both violent and sexual- that I probably wouldn't want shown to a seven year old even in the first ME, with much more in the second two games. In particular, in the second game and the third, you can set people on fire and they scream and flail around a lot before burning to death: it unnerves me a bit sometimes, and I imagine to a child it would be scary. Everyone always has underwear on in the sex scenes, but there's still a lot of focus on the chest and bottom and people crawling all over each other: one character's scene is more detailed then the other two, for some reason, and seems to go on for quite a while.

Still fun games, though.

I've changed my mind on Mass Effect 2, it's the worst game in history. 30 hours in and I've hit a game-breaking bug, on a path which affects all my saves.

Unless anyone can suggest a fix for the 'blank screen after the LotSB car chase', that's 30 hours of my life wasted. I've tried the car chase multiple times, restarted my PC, updated my graphics card drivers, reinstalled the DLC, turned off motion blue, turned all graphics settings down to minimum, disabled sound and verified the file integrity (through steam). Still fails at the exact same point. Stupid POS.

My only other hope is that someone has the game and same DLC setup installed - they could take my save, complete the chase, and then send me my save back? Help anyone? :( :( :(

May have been a little harsh calling it the worst game in history. Issue is fixed now, and it's back to being one of the best games I've played :)

Archived