How do I install this in Steam BG2EE?

Brewhewho - have you gotten as far as a pop-up with:

This program will decompress files and launch the setup program for you. If you already have v14 installed...

that walks you through setup?

You'll know that things are installing when you get a black-and-white command-line window asking you about which components you want.

If I've misunderstood and you have already got that part working, the tweaks should show up reasonably seamlessly when you start a new game (ie. helmet animation removed or whatever.)

I'm using windows 8. I double clicked the archive like it said to * in the readme instructions but it didn't work. it said fatal error not a game directory in the window that came up.
*at that point, you generally get to assign the extraction folder, that you need to adjust so it's the game folder which contains the Chitin.key file etc, either the file you downloaded was damaged, or something else is off. Or you failed and just extracted the readme file and you need to restart the extraction process and select all files and folder to extract.

Remember that the archive .exe and the setup-*modname*.exe are very different things, and to find the archive .exe that you need to use, just generally open the "Downloads" folder, in your folder browser.

I tried using the instructions in the readme but it doesn't work! Please help me with this..

BG2 Tweak pack V14

extract here: F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition

in your case probably "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition"

I have the EE from Steam and the folder with the chitin.key doesn't have a dialogue.tlk.

It doesn't need to have one. You have to have the setup-<modname>.exe updated to the latest weidu.exe (v23700) to install mods to a v1.3. EE games, and you do that update by replacing it with a weidu.exe from the Windows Binary archive from here that's names as the setup-<modname>.exe .

Als if you have steam, you should read this, and if you have Windows 8, install all games to the C:\Users\<username>\ -subfolders.

Archived