Sword Coast Stratagems v28 bugfix thread

Mad Mate

Copied [ISNFXS7.CRE] to [override/ISNFXS7.CRE][./override/ISNFXSC.CRE] loaded, 1544 bytesERROR: illegal 48-byte read from offset 1500 of 1544-byte file ISNFXSC.CREERROR: [ISNFXSC.CRE] -> [override/ISNFXSC.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ISNFXSC.CRE: read out of bounds"))Stopping installation because of error.

A mod installed before SCS breaks the file in question and so the SCS can't patch the corrupted file. --change-log the "isnfxsc.cre" file and find out what mod corrupts the file, and then do not install that component.

PS, if you use the archive in the post, do not overwrite the weidu.exe with the one in the archive, it's old, but use the one already in the game folder.

Copied [ISNFXS7.CRE] to [override/ISNFXS7.CRE][./override/ISNFXSC.CRE] loaded, 1544 bytesERROR: illegal 48-byte read from offset 1500 of 1544-byte file ISNFXSC.CREERROR: [ISNFXSC.CRE] -> [override/ISNFXSC.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ISNFXSC.CRE: read out of bounds"))Stopping installation because of error.

A mod installed before SCS breaks the file in question and so the SCS can't patch the corrupted file. --change-log the "isnfxsc.cre" file and find out what mod corrupts the file, and then do not install that component.

PS, if you use the archive in the post, do not overwrite the weidu.exe with the one in the archive, it's old, but use the one already in the game folder.

Thanks. The culprits turned out to be:

-"sphere system" from Divine Remix

-"NPCs have Max HP" from BG2 tweaks

After uninstalling those parts of the mods SCS installation went fine.

@ Mad Mate - can you check Demogorgon? He seems to have a rather underwhelming HP ammount (165). Even in vanilla he has 295, I doubt SCS would reduce his HP. Seems like it's reduced by approx 50%; maybe something about "demons have 50% more HP" is malfunctioning here.

@ Mad Mate - can you check Demogorgon? He seems to have a rather underwhelming HP ammount (165). Even in vanilla he has 295, I doubt SCS would reduce his HP. Seems like it's reduced by approx 50%; maybe something about "demons have 50% more HP" is malfunctioning here.

Yes, you are right. It is Improved Fiends component fault. If you choose "Fiends have about 50 percent more..." you get 165 HP, "normal" gets 110 HP.

But I think that it was suppose to be increase of current HP (SCS2 had Demogorgon at 400 HP).

Hope DavidW gets this.

Are we sure though that there's nothing else that changes the demogorgon's HPs ? Cause the thing here is, the SCS might just be correcting it's HPs back to the normal demon monsters HPs of that level, or is that the feature that's actually broken, and more specifically should be excluded from altering the Demogorgon ? While the 150%HP's still should...

Also the --change-log on v23700 weidu.exe is has been determined to fail to show the first component that changes the file, so I wouldn't go and say that the Divine Remix's sphere component was the faulty one.

This is known by Wisp, so he is on it, but we'll have to wait for the v23800 at least or make the logs with a possible beta ... he might himself say more if there's say. Or you could always go and ask yourself.. if you wish to pester him more.

Are we sure though that there's nothing else that changes the demogorgon's HPs ? Cause the thing here is, the SCS might just be correcting it's HPs back to the normal demon monsters HPs of that level, or is that the feature that's actually broken, and more specifically should be excluded from altering the Demogorgon ? While the 150%HP's still should...

Also the --change-log on v23700 weidu.exe is has been determined to fail to show the first component that changes the file, so I wouldn't go and say that the Divine Remix's sphere component was the faulty one.

That's true, Jamo. Only the Improved Fiends component shows when I use --change-log.

Hope DavidW gets this.

He has.

Out of cursiousity (because I reported a few issues there), will you also be going through (or have you already) the "Version 28 of Sword Coast Stratagems released" thread? (I tried to look through it, but couldn't really find any acknowledgement there.)

Great to see that you're back, btw. Can't wait for v29 :)

BG2EE 1.3: From what I can tell, the increased hitpoints component of Improved Fiends is not affecting the demons' HP because the starting values in the TPH file are lower than vanilla. So although the 1.5x multiplier is working, it's being applied to a reduced base value that results in the new value being the same as vanilla. This can be rectified by changing the INI value for Fiend Staying Power to 200.

Demogorgon's base HP is only 110 in the TPA file, which is why he ends up having just 165 HP after installing the component, even though in vanilla he has 290 HP.

BG2EE 1.3: From what I can tell, the increased hitpoints component of Improved Fiends is not affecting the demons' HP because the starting values in the TPH file are lower than vanilla. So although the 1.5x multiplier is working, it's being applied to a reduced base value that results in the new value being the same as vanilla. This can be rectified by changing the INI value for Fiend Staying Power to 200.

Demogorgon's base HP is only 110 in the TPA file, which is why he ends up having just 165 HP after installing the component, even though in vanilla he has 290 HP.

So, the error are the values set in TPH file.

Example Demogorgon:

MAKE_PATCH
fiend_general=>tanarri
level_all=>30
fiend_hp=>110
END
LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=demogor2 edits=patch_data END
fiend_hp should be 290?

So, the error are the values set in TPH file.

Example Demogorgon:

MAKE_PATCH
fiend_general=>tanarri
level_all=>30
fiend_hp=>110
END
LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=demogor2 edits=patch_data END
fiend_hp should be 290?

The HP for the general fiends is in the fiend_shared.tph file. The fiend_hp values in this file are less than the Vanilla HP according to the Gamefaqs Monster Encyclopedia. In some cases the value is between about 60 - 75% of vanilla. This means that the 50% HP boost results in fiends having HPs that are only equal or fractionally more than vanilla.

There are also several CRE files for each fiend, and some are meant to have more HP than others. But for each fiend type, SCS sets the same base HP value. That leads to some versions of the fiend getting a proportionally smaller HP boost than others compared to their vanilla values.

SCS's changes to Demogorgon's are enacted in the fiend.tpa file. As I wanted all the other fiends to get a 200% boost versus the SCS base values, I set Demo's fiend_hp in the TPA file to 217 (217.5 would be more accurate but fractional HP results in an error), ending up with 434 HP.

I haven't tried messing with the hp_fiend values because I'm not sure how all the installation scripts actually work. I note though that the Genie HP boost works in a different way in the genie.tpa file. Here, all the genie_hp values are genie_hp=>null. The boost seems to have applied without a problem. Maybe the same could be done for the fiends? Might try that out and hope it doesn't blow up in my face.

By the way, the problem with improved fiends not installing properly due to the BG2EE patch 1.3 changes was fairly easy to fix. As DavidW said, the animation references in the fiend_shared.tph file are wrong due to 1.3. Updated fiend_shared.tph file attached. Just needs to replace the version in /strategems/fiend, the reinstall improved fiends.

fiend_shared.tph

To get correct (like in SCS2) hitpoints in all fiends you have to change in fiend\fiend_shared.tph in line 47:

DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION fiend_hp
STR_VAR arguments=""
BEGIN
   LPF check_label STR_VAR label=dw#fiend_hp RET value=value END
   PATCH_IF value=1 BEGIN

to

DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION fiend_hp
STR_VAR arguments=""
BEGIN
   LPF CRE_read_hp_current RET hp=value END
   SET arguments=(arguments + hp)
   LPF check_label STR_VAR label=dw#fiend_hp RET value=value END
   PATCH_IF value=1 BEGIN

I'm sure that DavidW will do it neater in v29, but if anybody need qiuckfix, I tested this and hitpoints are OK in both options for this component.

Edit: You don't have to change anything in fiend\fiend.tpa to make this work.

Archived