Sword Coast Stratagems v28 bugfix thread

Mad Mate

Partly for information, let me clarify what's going on with INNOCENT mages. In non-Enhanced versions of the game, non-spellcaster classes count as first level for the purposes of spellcasting. So a 13th level mage, if given class=INNOCENT, gets 1 magic missile per casting, does the minimum (5d6) damage with fireball, etc.

What I intended to do was script those casters to change to their parent class as soon as battle began. That meant they were still INNOCENT for the sake of resolving initial effects of attacking them, though you don't get the reputation hit if you kill them - I decided it wasn't on balance worth including that, given the coding cruft it would entail.

In fact none of this quite worked, as I forgot that my code automatically set mage classes to MAGE anyway.

Hopefully it's now fixed. And in fact, on the Enhanced Edition none of it is needed anyway, because EE INNOCENTs cast as mages/priests of their level.

wohoo scs29 :)

I did a bit played around with the ssl files and there are some things I would like to suggest.:

one thing I'd really love to see implemented is Berserker/Barbarian Rage detection.

I did that with the SCRIPTINGSTATE4 VALUE 1. i guess it has no proper Purpose. Its associated with enrage spells and some other stuff like Champions Strength, Lathanders Boon ect. But Berserker Rage protects against Imprisonment and Barbarian Rage does not. so i had to change Barbarian Rage in order to give Imprisonment that trigger.

Mages are too eager to cast their highlvl antimagic(Spellstrike, Warding Whip..) against Spellshield. Highlvl Mages should still got some Spellthrust/secretWord and use that first against a spellshield.

Enemy mage1 casting timestop during the improved alacrity of enemy mage2. The new TobEx script action "NextTriggerObject" could be used in order to avoid things like that.

The "Disabled" trigger in Dw#wtacor.ssl changes most of the enemys disablingSpells from a painful Problem to a Lifesaver.

and some last minute issues:

It seems the "Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll" component dosent work.

the Stats from ssl/libdata.txt are given out pretty often. especially the (unused?) DW_ITEM_ANTIWEB, some Items got that Stat about 20 times.

From "bugs not fixed":

CrevsDaak

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25893&page=13&do=findComment&comment=228279

There's a bug on stratagems/item/elemental_arrows.tpa, the elemental arrows aren't toned down correctly for BG:EE installs (and their description isn't correctly updated). I don't know how to fix it with SFO but providing a simple WeiDU fix wouldn't be too difficult (the part of the code to update the Enchantment (4-bytes long int at 0x60) and bonus damage (on the extended ability header of the .itm) simply don't exist).

I can't reproduce this; it works fine on my install.

Regarding lizardman BAMs: I am very reluctant to stop BIFFing them, because I got nontrivial slowdowns if I don't. If it's crashing OSX I'll avoid doing so for OSX only.

Could you add the option to not bif the files .. in the .ini file ? :you see a smiling imp, but the vision is blurry as it's eyes are dancing around, which causes a shiver of evil in your spine:

PS: @DavidW, if you might have the time, you might wish to read and answer the primary posts in this thread in PPG.

Regarding lizardman BAMs: I am very reluctant to stop BIFFing them, because I got nontrivial slowdowns if I don't. If it's crashing OSX I'll avoid doing so for OSX only.

Could you add the option to not bif the files .. in the .ini file ? :you see a smiling imp, but the vision is blurry as it's eyes are dancing around, which causes a shiver of evil in your spine:

Sure, if only for the novelty of seeing you ask for something in the ini file! :)

Is this a WeiDU bug? Maybe this is the wrong place to fix this? Although if it is a WeiDU bug then a temporary fix would be preferable to none at all.

Is this a WeiDU bug? Maybe this is the wrong place to fix this? Although if it is a WeiDU bug then a temporary fix would be preferable to none at all.

No, it has to do with how the game handles the data. And how the lag can be reduced.

Also the weidu update could have fixed the crash, as you didn't say which version it was with.

Pass. I know nothing about OSX. I'll take your word for it that BIFFing OSX causes crashes, and obviously lag is preferable to crash.

random encounter with 3 ancient and 3 fledgling vampire

This isn't Vampire Tales. It may be Polytweak - modified vampires, but I don't know of any mod which adds random encounter with vampires.

I didn't install Polytweak so that can't be it. I can post my Weidu file if you'd like. I was so shocked at the encounter that I didn't really look at it after I saw the ancient vampires and just Ctrl-Y'd my way out of it

Pass. I know nothing about OSX. I'll take your word for it that BIFFing OSX causes crashes, and obviously lag is preferable to crash.

Up to what I know (and have tested), WeiDU 237 doesn't cause any more crashes when biffing in OSX.

From "bugs not fixed":

CrevsDaak

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25893&page=13&do=findComment&comment=228279

There's a bug on stratagems/item/elemental_arrows.tpa, the elemental arrows aren't toned down correctly for BG:EE installs (and their description isn't correctly updated). I don't know how to fix it with SFO but providing a simple WeiDU fix wouldn't be too difficult (the part of the code to update the Enchantment (4-bytes long int at 0x60) and bonus damage (on the extended ability header of the .itm) simply don't exist).

I can't reproduce this; it works fine on my install.

Well, then leave it out and forgot it, given that I was probably using other mods.

Up to what I know (and have tested), WeiDU 237 doesn't cause any more crashes when biffing in OSX.

I downloaded and used 237 and it still crashed. I used the version linked in the post before it by Jarno Mikkola.

Edit: I ran the test again just to make sure. WeiDU executable says version 23700.

OK, here's a request for anyone running OSX other than dashteacup:

1) install the Improved Abazigal Enclave component of SCS

2) Go to an area with lizard men in

3) See if it crashes

If anyone else can reproduce it, I'll keep the current strategy of not BIFFing on OSX. If not, I'll assume it's something local to dashteacup's system. (There is in any case an ini option to skip BIFFing so dashteacup can use that if necessary.)

Archived