Sword Coast Stratagems v28 bugfix thread

Mad Mate

Can i find somewhere list with all fixes written? I have found 4 txts in archive with fixes information, but it's hard to understand what they exactly fix. For instance did you managed to fix Innocent mages don't lower reputation upon kill, when "smarter mages" component is installed in BG:EE? I raised this subject at Beamdog forum few months ago. That's what DawidW wrote:

"It probably is SCS, and it's not exactly intentional, but it's awkward to fix. The problem is that BG2 designates creatures as Innocent via their class slot, which means that something can't be simultaneously Innocent and a mage. That's a problem because being flagged as Mage class makes a significant difference to how spells' levels are worked out and how other scripts treat them (at least in vBG2; come to think of it, it might be a bit easier in BG2EE). There is a workaround in SCS but it's pretty partial and I suspect it's glitching here. When I next have time to work on the mod (don't hold your breath) I'll see if it's improvable."

Maybe this will help you.

I didn't fix this, but I think we'll have to wait for DavidW concerning this bug, as I don't understand how this works or if it is specific to BGEE. "Innocent mages" are introduced in new SCS (there is no mention of them in SCSv21).

Maybe it could be skipped, for now, if you decomment line 86 of mage/mage.tpa:

// LAF innocent_mages RET list=list END

but I didn't test this.

Better solution would be to refrain yourself from killing innocent mages :-D

I've got a question. Every time I enter the xvart's village and the chief of the village summons the bear, the bear attacks the chief himself. Is that intended behaviour?

It's the vanilla game working as intended - not due to changes by SCS. Here's the action from Nexlit's dialog that summons Ursa.

CreateCreature("URSA",[3557.2061],S)
ActionOverride("Ursa",Attack("Nexlit"))
Enemy()

I've got a question. Every time I enter the xvart's village and the chief of the village summons the bear, the bear attacks the chief himself. Is that intended behaviour?

I just tested, and couldn't reproduce this. In vanilla game, dialog is like AstroBryGuy said, but BGT removed line that forces Ursa to attack Nexlit, so it shouldn't do that.

SCS doesn't change his behavior, and it is summoned far away from Nexlit so I don't understand how can it attack him through so many xvarts. I tried 3 different approach to Nexlit.

Are you sure that you installed fixes for SCSv28?

I changed xvarts "call for help" script so all village have same specifics and work together, but without this fix, only Ursa and some xvarts are in same group (post #1 of this thread).

I just tested, and couldn't reproduce this.

Same here. I found a rather small bug (this is very probably vanilla game but SCS makes it apperant) - Laskal, the "druid" in Cloakwood area who can give you an invulnerability potion if you're honest, is in fact a cleric. He probably shouldn't be.

I found a rather small bug (this is very probably vanilla game but SCS makes it apperant) - Laskal, the "druid" in Cloakwood area who can give you an invulnerability potion if you're honest, is in fact a cleric. He probably shouldn't be.

I think that I could fix this. It is part of the "innocent" problem, that Etamin reported. SCS inserts dw#innpr.baf script to all innocent priest, regardless if they are druids or clerics. Maybe I could make separate druid script for them.

On the list of "innocent priests" are:

-bg1: AGNASI BENTAN BRATHL CADDER CHANTH GALILE GAXIR KELDDA LASKAL MADARC NALIN ORDULI PALLON POGHMA4 PRIHEL SHAELL TREMAI UNSHEY

-bg2: MCLER02 SARTEM01 DOGHMA ECOLT

Is there any other druid between them or just Laskal?

Yes, I've installed the fix. I've never and I mean never witnessed the bear not attacking the chief. What file should I changelog, if there is a changelog?

No need to change-log. AstroBryGuy was right, it is vanilla behavior.

As I said, BGT removes "ActionOverride("Ursa",Attack("Nexlit"))", so anybody using BGT don't experience this Ursa behavior. I think it was part of BG1 fixpack that didn't made it in BGEE.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/547250

[basilisks area question] I witnessed basilisks using melee attacks only once in 25 games. Given the fact that the petrification attacks do not work if you are protected via the green scroll, shouldn't they use a bit more melee?

[bears summoned by the druids] the bears summoned by Aldeth in Cloakwood section do not net any xp.

protected via the green scroll, shouldn't they use a bit more melee?

the bears summoned by Aldeth in Cloakwood section do not net any xp.

They don't detect green scroll, only spell afaik.

Summons usually don't net XP.

Scourge, you should go back to your no-reload run ahah

Edit: These days I'm planning to use TUTU. Does it work with SCS?

[little hijack] And what about the mods by Demiurgus?

[Feature request] Would you kindly add a 'tactical' challenge mod with the good old Sarevok having the stats he had in the original BG? Like 288 HP, etc.

Archived