Sword Coast Stratagems v28 bugfix thread

Mad Mate

Alright, in that case, cut/pasting the entrance line from AR3000 to AR4000 (in Near Infinity) should do the trick, yes? Barring a reinstall that is, which I'm reluctant to do.

[edit] That seemed to do the trick, I started in the Forest/grove this time. Thanks, good stuff

Yeah, basically that entrance is at wrong area.

I also think that component is little buggy. It should make you start in WK, but sometimes it starts in Forest. I think DavidW wrote in readme that it has some bugs.

But it should be playable with this last fix.

Thank you for report.

I think all game-breaking bugs are crushed, and I will be without internet for next 3 weeks (going on vacation :-) ), so see you all in December!

Alright, in that case, cut/pasting the entrance line from AR3000 to AR4000 (in Near Infinity) should do the trick, yes? Barring a reinstall that is, which I'm reluctant to do.

[edit] That seemed to do the trick, I started in the Forest/grove this time. Thanks, good stuff

Yeah, basically that entrance is at wrong area.

I also think that component is little buggy. It should make you start in WK, but sometimes it starts in Forest. I think DavidW wrote in readme that it has some bugs.

But it should be playable with this last fix.

Thank you for report.

I think all game-breaking bugs are crushed, and I will be without internet for next 3 weeks (going on vacation :-) ), so see you all in December!

Thank you for all the hard work and effort you've put in (so far:))! Much appreciated.

Question. Can I extract this folder, after I've installed SCS, or will I harm my game?

No. But it will not do anything to your game, unless you re-install SCS.

Thanks. I was wondering if bws_20141015 install it automatically. I was continuosly asked to find the fix myself in the previous version, but now, in this install, it didn't ask. I don't know what to think.

Good to know that at least most of those fixes are for BG2.

Can i find somewhere list with all fixes written? I have found 4 txts in archive with fixes information, but it's hard to understand what they exactly fix. For instance did you managed to fix Innocent mages don't lower reputation upon kill, when "smarter mages" component is installed in BG:EE? I raised this subject at Beamdog forum few months ago. That's what DawidW wrote:

"It probably is SCS, and it's not exactly intentional, but it's awkward to fix. The problem is that BG2 designates creatures as Innocent via their class slot, which means that something can't be simultaneously Innocent and a mage. That's a problem because being flagged as Mage class makes a significant difference to how spells' levels are worked out and how other scripts treat them (at least in vBG2; come to think of it, it might be a bit easier in BG2EE). There is a workaround in SCS but it's pretty partial and I suspect it's glitching here. When I next have time to work on the mod (don't hold your breath) I'll see if it's improvable."

Maybe this will help you.

Archived