BG1 equippable items: what we need...

Salk

I think he means, the unenchanted belt will do nothing except occupy the belt slot and look pretty. (Like most belts in real life! :) )

A belt is/can be used keep the trousers at your waste level, so they don't drop. It's usually not to just look cool. And if keep it there just for that, I don't want to know you.

True story: when I was in court once, a judge noticed that I wasn't wearing a belt with my suit and became angry with me. I explained that my pants were not falling down, therefore it was not necessary to wear a belt. The judge didn't care, he yelled that if I wanted to practice in his courtroom I better damn well be wearing a belt.

So now I wear a belt, not to keep my pants up but just because you're supposed to. Jarno, if that means you don't want to know me, that's up to you. :p

So now I wear a belt, not to keep my pants up but just because you're supposed to.

Well, this is a little here and there, the belt is ment to hold up the trousers with the belt loops, while I would argue that the pants lack that feature. Hmm, I bet that the Judge had thrown you out too, if you were to go to the stan with (track/other kinds of) pants. It's his role of courts.

Also the modern trousers were originally designed to be used with a belt, as it was easier to make them in mass with set lenght/waist lines ration that would fit to large amount of people, as the belt could be used to remove the excess space.

Yeah, I don't generally need belts, but I use them as I am kinda slim person. Of course now you can select you waist dimentions, and so don't actually need to wear a belt in ever case, but it's a feature of the trousers, so I use a belt anyways.

Ouh, and there's a wikipedia article on trousers and it's terminologue section is a good one.

Also if you still need a justification why most of the items in the game would be magical, just watch the first 7 or so minutes of this video.

I think he means, the unenchanted belt will do nothing except occupy the belt slot and look pretty. (Like most belts in real life! :) )

Not wearing a belt (when you need one) gives you -2 to Charisma.

Erhm, but wouldn't it be just be better to ask for a higher value if the item was not present than when it is ? Besides the -2 to Charisma tells nothing ... as you have to establish what it means. Does it set you to get the measly 30 you normally get, not allowing you to get 5000 gold instead of ? Besides, the charname could either way be 25 Cha, so as if that would even matter..

True story: when I was in court once, a judge noticed that I wasn't wearing a belt with my suit and became angry with me. I explained that my pants were not falling down, therefore it was not necessary to wear a belt. The judge didn't care, he yelled that if I wanted to practice in his courtroom I better damn well be wearing a belt.

Damn, now I can't stop wondering what would happen if you were wearing suspenders. Depending on the person they are either hideous or badass.

Interestingly enough, I almost always wear a belt. Maybe I like my pants a little looser and need the belt to hold it all in. I also almost always wear an undershirt too. And socks. None of them are enchanted, but I pretend when I'm only in them at home, I'm fully dressed. My kids don't seem to agree.

Now, maybe what would make sense is utility boots or belts or whatnot. Maybe a Fanny Pack of Holding that you can put 4 items into. Or Boots of Blinking, where your mom can see where you are at all times because every step makes them blink.

I also almost always wear an undershirt too. And socks. None of them are enchanted

Hmm, are you absolutelly sure ? How where they created ? And what material ? Cause I would estimate that there's at least 5 processes during the materials progression from the raw material to the finnished product that consumes energy that's not exactly within the material itself. Besides there's several kinds of socks that have enchantment of somekind from the material attached to them, even if none of them will summon sock puppets.

Archived