Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

Apparently, the official version of IR's Store Revisions is not currently equipped to handle the dynamic location of SR spells. I don't even remember changing IRR to be able to account for this, but it's already fixed there.

IR:

ACTION_IF comp_sr=1 BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_medium_wounds") sppr215
    OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_serious_wounds") sppr315
    OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_critical_wounds") sppr401
  END

IRR:

ACTION_IF comp_sr=1 BEGIN
    ACTION_IF (FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]~)) BEGIN
      LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS~ RET spell_res END
      OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_medium_wounds") ~%spell_res%~
    END
    ACTION_IF (FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]CLERIC_CURE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]~)) BEGIN
      LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_CURE_MEDIUM_WOUNDS~ RET spell_res END
      OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_serious_wounds") ~%spell_res%~
    END
    ACTION_IF (FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]~)) BEGIN
      LAF RES_NUM_OF_SPELL_NAME STR_VAR spell_name = ~CLERIC_CURE_SERIOUS_WOUNDS~ RET spell_res END
      OUTER_SPRINT $temple("cure_critical_wounds") ~%spell_res%~
    END
  END

There may very well be other stores that attempt to use SPPR215 instead of SPPR216 and consequently break, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

There may very well be other stores that attempt to use SPPR215 instead of SPPR216 and consequently break, unfortunately.

Indeed there are. I think every single store that offers this spell as a cure in my game was broken.

UHMER03.sto (Umar Hills), TEMTALOS.sto (Temple District), TEMSUP.sto (Trademeet), TEMLATH.sto (Temple District), TEMHELM.sto (Temple District), SUELF10.sto (Suldanessellar), SLILMAT.sto (Slums Disrict), SARTEM01.sto (Saradush), SAHPR1.sto (Sahuagin City), PPUMB01.sto (Brynnlaw), KPCHAP01.sto (De'Arnise Keep), GOVWAU01.sto (Government District), GARLENA.sto (Watcher's Keep), DOGHMA.sto (Docks District), BHELM.sto (Bridge District), AMCLER02.sto (Amkethran) all call SPPR215 'null' and all usually crash the game when the Healing tab is selected.

Edited by Istfemer
16 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, that seems very annoying. Oddly, I feel like I didn't write the fixed code myself, I think someone else did for the base version, but it must've never gotten included? Not entirely sure.

I'm pretty sure you took that code from my fork of Item Revisions.  You're welcome!

BTW and FYI everybody, my version includes a bunch more fixes and AFAIK it is currently the best version of IR for people to use.  (Pull requests have been made, and I think Mike has incorporated all that and maybe more into the IR repo; but an official "release" has not yet been made that includes the fixes.)

Edited by subtledoctor

Anyone able to get this component:

~ITEM_REV\ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Revised Backstabbing -> All Melee and Ranged Weapons Usable For Backstabbing: V4 Beta 10

-Specifically the Ranged Weapon bit- working for bgee?

I read something about how it used Tobex in non ee bg, which doesnt install on ee.

THanks!

David

On 12/26/2020 at 9:06 AM, subtledoctor said:

I'm pretty sure you took that code from my fork of Item Revisions.  You're welcome!

BTW and FYI everybody, my version includes a bunch more fixes and AFAIK it is currently the best version of IR for people to use.  (Pull requests have been made, and I think Mike has incorporated all that and maybe more into the IR repo; but an official "release" has not yet been made that includes the fixes.)

Oh man, I was reviewing that PR back in May, doing some rebasing, and then I forgot all about it.

I tried to install this mod on the most recent version of BG2EE but ran into the error in the screenshot.

Mod List:
Convenient EENPCs
Diable Stoneskin Color
CDTweaks
HQ Sound Clips
More Styles for Mages
Remove Equipment Colors
Item Revisions v4

Irevisions.png

Edited by Baptor
additional info
2 hours ago, Baptor said:

I tried to install this mod on the most recent version of BG2EE but ran into the error in the screenshot.

Mod List:
Convenient EENPCs
Diable Stoneskin Color
CDTweaks
HQ Sound Clips
More Styles for Mages
Remove Equipment Colors
Item Revisions v4

Irevisions.png

There is no error in the screenshot? It just looks like weidu hanged after updating the executable. Did you try closing it and re-opening it?

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

There is no error in the screenshot? It just looks like weidu hanged after updating the executable. Did you try closing it and re-opening it?

Oh wow you're right. I just ran it again and it worked. That's so strange. Thanks!

I have an issue with a few of the items in IR not giving the correct bonuses. The Gauntlets of Parrying do nothing, and the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise only provide +1 to thac0 and no damage bonus. Seems like this has to do with the distinction between melee and ranged bonuses as both have to do with being 'melee only'.

I do have quite a few mods on this playthrough, and I'm hardly a mod expert, so I'm not sure if it's IR itself or a conflict, though I don't believe I have any other item mods, just standard mods (SCS, tweaks anthology, etc) and a few components of Scales of Balance (but none of the item related components). Below are screenshot examples showing the issue when equipping.

https://imgur.com/a/KmFLEYh

4 hours ago, Communist-Cleric said:

I have an issue with a few of the items in IR not giving the correct bonuses. The Gauntlets of Parrying do nothing, and the Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise only provide +1 to thac0 and no damage bonus. Seems like this has to do with the distinction between melee and ranged bonuses as both have to do with being 'melee only'.

I do have quite a few mods on this playthrough, and I'm hardly a mod expert, so I'm not sure if it's IR itself or a conflict, though I don't believe I have any other item mods, just standard mods (SCS, tweaks anthology, etc) and a few components of Scales of Balance (but none of the item related components). Below are screenshot examples showing the issue when equipping.

https://imgur.com/a/KmFLEYh

Gauntlets of Parrying: You made sure to check your character sheet (somewhere near the bottom) to look for the specific vs. damage type AC bonuses/penalties before and after equipping the gauntlets?

Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise: Someone else once complained about this for the IR Revised thread, and I'm fairly certain the issue is that the the bonus melee damage does actually work regardless of the inventory/character sheet display being incorrect. I believe I tested it out by setting the bonus to 100, seeing that nothing changed, then actually attacked an enemy and they immediately exploded because of the +100 damage.

Edited by Bartimaeus