IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

8 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

I noticed a bug when installing the Revised Armor component. If an armor already has DR on it, this component will add its DR effect AND modifies the existing DR on the item.

For example:

• With Enkidu's armor I have a mod that increases Slashing and Piercing DR by +10%.
  • Revised Armor component is then installed at the end after the first mod.
  • Revised Armor component adds an additional +20% DR for all physical damage (desired behavior).
  • Revised Armor then updates the existing DR effect for both Slashing and Piercing from +10% to +30% (10% from original mod + 20% from Revised Armor).
  • Now Enkidu's Armor will provide +50% DR to both Slashing and Piercing instead of the expected +30%.

Yeah, for IR items that already started with damage reduction before installing Revised Armors (e.g. Orc Leather), I specifically made hacky workarounds for them, but if using Revised Armors with other mod-added armors installed that do the same, I wasn't sure how to fix it.

@Alywena I tested it out while removing my hacky workaround stuff and it seems like Orc Leather and the Drow armor now correctly update, though there's still the peculiarity of the descriptions double-stating their distinct physical resistance bonus. That could probably be fixed by some regular expression hackery after the fact for at least items installed by the main component, though... Thank you for identifying and fixing the core issue!

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hello.

I would like to try this mod, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to install it, even given the instructions.

I have downloaded IR and IR Revised.

The version of IR I downloaded, following the link in the OP, was: 

item_rev-v4b10.exe

The version I downloaded of IR Revised was:

Source code (zip)

Now, the instructions say to "extract the latest official version of IR (V4 b10, or have an automated tool do it for you) to your game directory as normal, and then additionally extract this mod on top of it before installing IR". The problem is that the IR is a .exe file, so (at least as far as I can tell), there is nothing to extract. When I double click on it, it simply installs. And without anything to extract prior to installation, there is nothing for me to extract IR Revised over.

(There is also an option to download a Source code (zip) version of IR. Is that the one I should be using?)

It is also unclear to me what 'extract this on top of' means. When I extract the IR Revised zip, I get the following:

IR_Revised-1.3.800-

When I open that file, I get:

item_rev

.gitattributes

README

setup-item.rev

setup-item_rev.command

setup-item.rev

Am I supposed to download and extract the IR Source code (zip) file and drag the item_rev file into the IR folder to replace it? Do I need to replace other files, like 'gitattributes', 'setup-item.rev', as well, or just item_rev?

If so, and once the replacements have been made, how do I install it? What do I click and where should it be when I click it?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I genuinely can't figure this one out. I'd appreciate any help.

8 hours ago, Guest Wend said:

This is more or less what the process should look like on Windows: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ei6s6w4v88tw1hm/firefox_dBdZ4pjqvb.mp4

Some .exes can be opened as archives (as they are actually just archives themselves with some embedded self-extracting executable), and that includes the (majority of) .exe downloads from G3 and Spellhold Studios. However, you can substitute that with just "installing" the .exe normally if you wish.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Does anyone have a working link for Infinity Animations?  I've tried the internet archive for the SHS link but the download isn't cached, and the github page for this project doesn't contain anything useful for an end-user.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170805044247/http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/859-ia-infinity-animations-core-mod-weidu-beta-5/

https://github.com/GwendolyneFreddy/Infinity-Animations/tree/master

On 7/17/2023 at 10:23 PM, Axatax said:

Does anyone have a working link for Infinity Animations?  I've tried the internet archive for the SHS link but the download isn't cached, and the github page for this project doesn't contain anything useful for an end-user.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170805044247/http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/859-ia-infinity-animations-core-mod-weidu-beta-5/

https://github.com/GwendolyneFreddy/Infinity-Animations/tree/master

Here's what I have: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g19jt89vxo62z52/infinityanimations-b5.7z/file

It comes with the animations I use already in the correct folders (hence why it's so big), but if you use options that I don't, then it may be missing something and I'm not certain where to get them. The options that I use...

Spoiler

~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinity Animations: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Humanoid Animation Fixes: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Distinctive Genies: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Distinctive Fiends: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Pit Fiends -> All get the NWN animation: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #260 // Alu-Fiend/Madae Animation -> All alu-fiends: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #400 // Distinctive Undead: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #500 // More Base Animations: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #550 // More Icewind Dale Animations: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #600 // More Icewind Dale II Animations: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #650 // More Neverwinter Nights Animations: v5 BWP Fix
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Fix Areas -> Creature References: v5 BWP Fix

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus Hi, I'm having some issues installing your revision mod on my macOS. I've followed the steps outlined on the first page of this thread, including downloading the the most recent copy of ItemRevisions and then overwriting item_rev folder with the one provided by IR_Revised. Next, when attempting to install only the weapon changes portion (I'm trying to access the ninjato and wakizashi paperdoll changes) the mod fails to install. I have attached my SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG file, any assistance would be appreciated.

ERROR Installing [Weapon Changes], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  33 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 17.
Uninstalled     33 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 17.
ERROR: Sys_error("item_rev/lib/descriptions.tpa: No such file or directory")
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG and look for support at: Bartimaeus in the IR Revised thread at forums.gibberlings3.net
Using Language [English]

SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG

8 minutes ago, a.greene said:

@Bartimaeus Hi, I'm having some issues installing your revision mod on my macOS. I've followed the steps outlined on the first page of this thread, including downloading the the most recent copy of ItemRevisions and then overwriting item_rev folder with the one provided by IR_Revised. Next, when attempting to install only the weapon changes portion (I'm trying to access the ninjato and wakizashi paperdoll changes) the mod fails to install. I have attached my SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG file, any assistance would be appreciated.

ERROR Installing [Weapon Changes], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  33 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 17.
Uninstalled     33 files for [ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2] component 17.
ERROR: Sys_error("item_rev/lib/descriptions.tpa: No such file or directory")
Please submit a report regarding this problem, including the information contained in SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG and look for support at: Bartimaeus in the IR Revised thread at forums.gibberlings3.net
Using Language [English]

SETUP-ITEM_REV.DEBUG 16.22 kB · 1 download

The file "item_rev\lib\descriptions.tpa" does not come with IRR, but rather the base IR package. That file being missing would probably suggest that your IR and IRR folders were not combined correctly, but rather the IRR folder completely overwrote the IR folder. Here's a pre-combined folder that should solve the issue: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jrv5ufx44mk7gsq/IRR for MacOS.zip

17 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The file "item_rev\lib\descriptions.tpa" does not come with IRR, but rather the base IR package. That file being missing would probably suggest that your IR and IRR folders were not combined correctly, but rather the IRR folder completely overwrote the IR folder. Here's a pre-combined folder that should solve the issue: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jrv5ufx44mk7gsq/IRR for MacOS.zip

That seems to have fixed it, thank you.

29 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

That file being missing would probably suggest that your IR and IRR folders were not combined correctly, but rather the IRR folder completely overwrote the IR folder. Here's a pre-combined folder that should solve the issue: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jrv5ufx44mk7gsq/IRR for MacOS.zip

FYI, that's how copying folders works in Mac OS. There's no option to combine. As the dialog box says, "An older item named [folder name] already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the [newer/older] one you're moving?". The options are "Stop" which cancels the move, or "Replace" which fully overwrites the folder with the one you're moving.

So ... yeah, if you're relying on the Windows merging behavior, that's not going to work on a Mac. A pre-combined version should be made available as a standard option, for the cross-platform compatibility.

14 hours ago, jmerry said:

FYI, that's how copying folders works in Mac OS. There's no option to combine. As the dialog box says, "An older item named [folder name] already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the [newer/older] one you're moving?". The options are "Stop" which cancels the move, or "Replace" which fully overwrites the folder with the one you're moving.

So ... yeah, if you're relying on the Windows merging behavior, that's not going to work on a Mac. A pre-combined version should be made available as a standard option, for the cross-platform compatibility.

Yeah, it's why the original post has this warning near the top:

"If you are on a non-Windows OS, make sure that the two folders are combined: if the "change-log.txt" file still exists in "(game directory)\item_rev\", then you should be good - if it doesn't, post in the thread for help."

I am kind of against having a pre-combined folder easily downloadable as the default option, as there have already been issues of users mistakenly posting issues about IRR/SRR in regular IR/SR threads and not realizing there's any difference between the two; a pre-combined folder that doesn't make users go through this annoying process of downloading both and combining them would only make that worse. I am okay with mildly annoying users and manually providing combined folders when needed if it means a higher likelihood of IRR/SRR-related discussion staying localized to these threads and the relevant GitHub pages. I realize that's a bit of an odd stance, since usually you want to make ease of installation as easy as you can for both current and prospective users, but in this particular case where my mods unofficially "hijack" the official versions, I think it's appropriate and necessary.

Edited by Bartimaeus