IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

8 minutes ago, NdranC said:

I'm using EET with

ee_style_item_descriptions  = 0

ee_style_ac_descriptions = 0

...Strange. There must be something wrong with the detection here, because the description style shown in your image is oBG2/IR (i.e. ee_style_item_descriptions = 1), not the EE style (which would be 0 or 2, as "2" is forced EE style, while "0" is "will pick depending on what game type you're on", which in your case should be 2). When I install the main component and and Revised Critical Hit Aversion with it set to 0 on BG2EE, this is what it looks like for me:

Baldur_GDQPmkZP2I.png

Notice the dash before "Armor Class", which is how properties on EE items are formatted (which they aren't in oBG2). What's even odder to me is even when I set the description style to 1 for forced oBG2 style descriptions on my BG2EE game, everything still looks right for me (albeit in oBG2 style). Hmm...

Edited by Bartimaeus
36 minutes ago, NdranC said:

This is my current weidu log (I haven't finished installing). In a couple hours I'll have more time to test it out with no other mods but eet and item_rev and I'll let you know.

weidu.log 9.98 kB · 0 downloads

Found the issue: you're using V1.3.800, not the latest repository version. I do need to make a new release sometime soon, it's been quite a while, but the "latest repository version" means...this:

firefox_FB603OuvFG.png

I generally recommend the latest repository version, not the latest release. The "latest release" is supposed to be the latest "stable" release, but...well, it's been over a year since I updated it and there have been nearly 80 changes since then. The latest repository version should have the helmet issue fixed, though I'm not exactly sure why it didn't correctly detect an EET game for your install, but I did just try an EET + IRR install with the description styles set to 0 and it correctly detected it, so...it should work.

There are...two, I think, outstanding issues that I want to resolve before a new "release", but neither of them are by any means critical. The first is finishing up the Store Revisions' masterwork weapons rework, and the other is ensuring that ioun stones/circlets do not protect against critical hits even when you do not have the Revised Critical Hit Aversion component installed.

(e): ...As well as further compatibility with the "lite" version of Anthology Tweaks' Unique Icons.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Yeah I'm aware of the difference in github downloads, but you were right, I downloaded the latest last night and forgot to copy the files over this morning. I properly updated this time and it's working. Thank you.

I noticed SCS now adds a new item, a katana to the level 13 mage ogre boss in bg1. Do you know if this item is "accounted for" either by scs or by IRR when both are installed?

And might as well ask this here, would you recommend installing the SCS IWD spells together with SRR? I know they probably don't touch each other but I was wondering from a game balance or design point of view if they don't stand out too much compared to SRR ones.

10 hours ago, NdranC said:

I noticed SCS now adds a new item, a katana to the level 13 mage ogre boss in bg1. Do you know if this item is "accounted for" either by scs or by IRR when both are installed?

Not touched. IR/R couldn't really touch this even if it wanted to, seeing as all of IR/R's components are supposed to be installed before SCS.

10 hours ago, NdranC said:

And might as well ask this here, would you recommend installing the SCS IWD spells together with SRR? I know they probably don't touch each other but I was wondering from a game balance or design point of view if they don't stand out too much compared to SRR ones.

I find the meshing of the two systems to be incongruous at best, but there are absolutely others who enjoy them together. I personally think it'd be a better idea if SR were to just bring some of the most worthwhile spells over (while getting them more in line with the rest of SR's design) while letting the rest be optional with the use of such components, but that's something that would have to be done from the point of official SR, not SRR.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I was reading the code for the weapon changes component and I noticed that is doing a calculation based on the strmod.2da file to determine the extra strength bonus damage that the bows will have. It's been a while since I've dealt weidu scripting, could you clarify what it's doing? I have a custom strmod.2da file and it causing the bows to  have +6 and +7 extra damage which seems too much.

13 hours ago, NdranC said:

I was reading the code for the weapon changes component and I noticed that is doing a calculation based on the strmod.2da file to determine the extra strength bonus damage that the bows will have. It's been a while since I've dealt weidu scripting, could you clarify what it's doing? I have a custom strmod.2da file and it causing the bows to  have +6 and +7 extra damage which seems too much.

That's not something I have personally interacted with during working on IRR, but I recall mention of Weapon Changes making it so that composite bows have their bonuses tied to the equivalent level of strength that is required to use said composite bow. So if a composite bow has an unusually high strength requirement, I believe it will get unusually high bonuses to match; alternatively, if your strmod.2da is radically out of line from the original game, then strange things may result across the board as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus
7 hours ago, NdranC said:

I am. I guess that's the issue?

Yeah, so basically, the component takes a list of wands that it knows of (both vanilla and mod-added), changes them to be usable by thieves, tries to strip the usability text mentioning not being usable by thieves (not applicable to the EEs since usability text is generated on the fly, so no issue there), then also tries to add the intelligence requirement text. If the intelligence requirement text already exists, it's not supposed to add duplicate text obviously, but the formatting is different between oBG2 games and EE games, so it would appear to not be catching it correctly in the case of the latter. Will look into it, thanks.

Yeah I've been slowing trying to adapt some of the item descriptions for RR to IRR style. It takes a while and it's not perfect. Specially when it comes to summons; it's a crazy amount of work. If I remember correctly most of the detailed descriptions come from your own modifications which is highly appreciated. RR has become a staple mod for me, I wish I could stop using it since it hasn't been updated in ages but I can't give up it's changes.

9 hours ago, NdranC said:

Yeah I've been slowing trying to adapt some of the item descriptions for RR to IRR style. It takes a while and it's not perfect. Specially when it comes to summons; it's a crazy amount of work. If I remember correctly most of the detailed descriptions come from your own modifications which is highly appreciated. RR has become a staple mod for me, I wish I could stop using it since it hasn't been updated in ages but I can't give up it's changes.

Kind of: vanilla IR/SR came up with a format, but I found it to be...messy, so I changed it. For example, the otyugh...

IR:

Otyugh (7 Hit Dice):
STR 14, DEX 10, CON 13, INT 5, WIS 12, CHA 5; AL Neutral
HP 70, AC 3, THAC0 10, Saving Throws 10/12/12/14/12
3 Attacks Per Round, 1d6+3 Piercing or Crushing Damage (Bite & Tentacles +3)

Combat Abilities:
Disease: creatures struck moves at half speed and suffer 1 point of damage per round for 1 turn

Special Qualities:
Immune to disease effects
Slashing, Crushing, & Piercing Resistance 5%; Missile Resistance 100% 

IRR:

Otyugh (7 HD):
ST14, DE10, CO13, IN5, WI12, CH5
HP 76, AC 3, THAC0 10, APR 3
1D8 Piercing/Crushing (Bite & Tentacles +3)
Saving Throws 9/11/10/10/12, AL TN
SR 5%, CR 5%, PR 5%, MR 100%
FR 0%, CR 0%, ER 0%, AR 0%

Special Characteristics:
Protected Against: Disease
Diseasing: target suffers 1 damage per round and slowness for 1 turn (save vs. poison at -2 neg.) 

Mostly, I was annoyed with inconsistent line breaks as a result of lines getting too long. And anyways, I needed to go over all the creature statistics to make sure they were 'accurate' while also re-calculating certain stats anyways (primarily to ensure that only the base values of HP, AC, THAC0, and damage were being used, not any attempt at combining HP+CON or AC+DEX or THAC0/damage+STR/proficiency, mostly because that can get pretty crazy quickly while also opening up the possibility of being very inaccurate depending on which game and with what mods a player is using).

Item descriptions for mod-added content, especially pre-EE mod-added content like RR where there wasn't really any agreed upon format/style between games and modders, is a bit of a disaster. I had thought about trying to provide direct support for re-descripting the items of a few "important" mainstay mods like RR, but it ended up being a can of worms that I decided not to commit to due to how much of a pain it is.

Edited by Bartimaeus
8 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Mostly, I was annoyed with inconsistent line breaks as a result of lines getting too long. And anyways, I needed to go over all the creature statistics to make sure they were 'accurate' while also re-calculating certain stats anyways (primarily to ensure that only the base values of HP, AC, THAC0, and damage were being used, not any attempt at combining HP+CON or AC+DEX or THAC0/damage+STR/proficiency, mostly because that can get pretty crazy quickly while also opening up the possibility of being very inaccurate depending on which game and with what mods a player is using).

Just though I'd chime in here.

I'm currently making my way through a SCS SRR+IRR install on BGT. I can confirm that those bonuses, at least with my mods, are indeed being applied. Furthermore, the increased hit point components from SCS are also stacking on top of some summons modified by SR. For example, pit fiends like "DEMPITSU.CRE" have ~270hp and -7 THACO in my game with all the bonuses applied. I have SR fiends=1 mostly because I prefer the improved stat blocks, but needless to say this could use some tweaking. The SR pit fiends also hit like trucks since they're boasting a strength of 25 (dragons), and IMO should be lowered to be more in-line with say, Balors at 21. 

In any case, I'm actually planning to systematically re-adjust the stats of many creatures, fiends in particular, in what will hopefully be my first tweaks mod. With SR installed broad inconsistencies arise between the SR summoned creatures, and others of the same type that exist in game. I want to rectify this and make some other small stat adjustments to creatures that should probably receive some improvements, but are left out of the party. 

When I finish my playthrough and testing I'm going to do a write up in the SRR and IRR forums, so hopefully if time allows that will be coming in the next few weeks. 

Edited by WanderingScholar