IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

12 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Spectral Brand doesn't actually do that, only Ras does. Which is the number one reason I prefer Spectral Brand to Ras  :laugh:

It's removed from your inventory in IRR...but not in IR. The description in IR says "the sword can attack on its own", same as Ras, but in one case, it doesn't leave your hand and in the other it does. That's pretty weird.

19 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

That's pretty weird.

The vanilla version of Ras talks about it jumping out if your hand to attack on its own, while Spectral Brand mentions “summoning” a spectral sword to attack with you. It’s been a long time since I played with Spectral Brand in my party, but if you say Demi changed the description to be inaccurate, that is a bit weird. But, why would you change the item in a way that annoys you, rather than just changing the description??

6 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

The vanilla version of Ras talks about it jumping out if your hand to attack on its own, while Spectral Brand mentions “summoning” a spectral sword to attack with you. It’s been a long time since I played with Spectral Brand in my party, but if you say Demi changed the description to be inaccurate, that is a bit weird. But, why would you change the item in a way that annoys you, rather than just changing the description??

Well, to be honest, I didn't know it worked that way in vanilla in the first place, so I'm guessing I just figured it was behaving incorrectly and I should make it consistent with Ras, particularly seeing as the description says "can attack on its own", which would definitely imply it leaves leave your hand. But if the original item worked that way, I'm gonna change it back...

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, to be honest, I didn't know it worked that way in vanilla in the first place, so I'm guessing I just figured it was behaving incorrectly and I should make it consistent with Ras, particularly seeing as the description says "can attack on its own", which would definitely imply it leaves leave your hand. But if the original item worked that way, I'm gonna change it back...

Frankly, I think it's worth changing Ras as well... it's not like it's a difference in power, I always have a backup weapon to use when Ras disappears. It's just a matter of convenience.

9 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Frankly, I think it's worth changing Ras as well... it's not like it's a difference in power, I always have a backup weapon to use when Ras disappears. It's just a matter of convenience.

Yeah, especially seeing as it's otherwise just a Long Sword +2...I guess it kinda just feels wrong to me. It's supposed to dance its way out of your hands - that's why they call it the Dancing Blade! If Ras were a quick slot item that just stayed there, it'd probably be way more enticing to use to me. Is anybody actually using Ras as a weapon? Maybe if you have three or more party members with long sword proficiencies? Hmm, I think I'll make a mini-mod for myself...

I might suggest there is something wrong with Mace of Stunning (the Stupifier +1). I can stun target 1 out of maybe 30 or 40 sucessful hits and when stun effects happens its usually happens as a killing blow (the same moment target dies). You sure its 33%  chance and not 3%?

Edited by pochesun
3 minutes ago, pochesun said:

I might suggest there is something wrong with Mace of Stunning (the Stupifier +1). I can stun target 1 out of maybe 30 or 40 sucessful hits. You sure its 33%  chance and not 3%?

Though I had the best intentions, it appears I forgot to actually modify this item, so it still has its vanilla value of 10%. Whoops. It's not even using the standard IR stunning .spl, all the effects are just in the item itself. Most of the changes I made to the BG1EE items was nonsense I made-up without spending more than a second or two thinking about them, because most of those items are just kind of pathetic, so a lot of them just got brainless buffs like changing that 10% to 33%. If it was a BG2 item, it'd have just been 100%, but you can get it in like two seconds in BG1, so...well, I just knew that 10% was mindbogglingly ineffective, so it had to be at least a little higher.

31 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Though I had the best intentions, it appears I forgot to actually modify this item, so it still has its vanilla value of 10%. Whoops. It's not even using the standard IR stunning .spl, all the effects are just in the item itself. Most of the changes I made to the BG1EE items was nonsense I made-up without spending more than a second or two thinking about them, because most of those items are just kind of pathetic, so a lot of them just got brainless buffs like changing that 10% to 33%. If it was a BG2 item, it'd have just been 100%, but you can get it in like two seconds in BG1, so...well, I just knew that 10% was mindbogglingly ineffective, so it had to be at least a little higher.

I believe the vanilla version had 25% chance to stun with no save but in EE it was changed in some patch to 10% with save vs Spell. Anyway  hope you will fix the item cuz i like it a lot actually and its a good alternative for cleric/warrior in BG1. I assume it will use IR stunning .spl after the fix so it will work more stable :)

Edited by pochesun
7 minutes ago, pochesun said:

I believe the vanilla version had 25% chance to stun with no save but in EE it was changed in some patch to 10% with save vs Spell. Anyway  hope you will fix the item cuz i like it a lot actually and its a good alternative for cleric/warrior in BG1. I assume it will use IR stunning .spl after the fix so it will work more stable :)

It's fixed in the github repository now, but if you want me to fix it for your current game, attach a copy of BLUN41.itm from your override.