IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

@Bartimaeus I wanted to ask you about Rogue Rebalancing component that adds equipment for bards and thieves. i was going to try it (4-5 pieces of equipment look pretty cool and have fun design), but not sure how it works with IRR (is it stable enough etc?). Also i have no idea if IRR (or IR) borrowed some ideas from RR before and already implemented those. And if there are duplicates among euipment does the order of installation RR then IRR holds? What are your thoughts about it?

Also, always wanted to ask but always forget :) Is ToBex already implemented in EE version of the game or they are incompatibale, or some elements of ToBex implemented in EE? Does IRR or SRR install any elements of ToBex?

Edited by pochesun
2 hours ago, pochesun said:

@Bartimaeus I wanted to ask you about Rogue Rebalancing component that adds equipment for bards and thieves. i was going to try it (4-5 pieces of equipment look pretty cool and have fun design), but not sure how it works with IRR (is it stable enough etc?). Also i have no idea if IRR (or IR) borrowed some ideas from RR before and already implemented those. And if there are duplicates among euipment does the order of installation RR then IRR holds? What are your thoughts about it?

Also, always wanted to ask but always forget :) Is ToBex already implemented in EE version of the game or they are incompatibale, or some elements of ToBex implemented in EE? Does IRR or SRR install any elements of ToBex?

1. I have never looked at RR's items, so as far as I know, no concepts/designs are lifted from it for IRR (and I would say probably not IR either). ...This is not entirely true, as I did once install those components probably around a decade ago, saw that it added IWD-like items, and immediately yoinked it out of my install. If I were to ever add it back, it would be only after I significantly re-designed all of it...and nobody wants me to do that, me least of all, :p. I'm of the mind to leave everyone else's content alone at this point outside of truly tiny tweaks that I could put in their own mini-component (i.e. nothing in the scope of IRR/SRR). General install order would be...IIRC, RR's item additions/modifications change a few vanilla items, so it depends on whether you want IR's or RR's changes to be the final word - if the former, you install IR's base component after RR; if the latter, you install RR's item-changing components after IR's base component (but before its secondary components). I have no comment on how well they fit in beyond what I already said and it not being for me, as I think I am probably the harshest judge around regarding this sort of thing.

2. If you're on the EEs, you need not worry about ToBEx or anything it did - the vast majority (but not quite all!) of what ToBEx does was implemented for the EEs, and the few things that weren't you can't change with or without ToBEx anyways, so there's nothing that you can do about it AFAIK.

Edited by Bartimaeus
45 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

1. I have never looked at RR's items, so as far as I know, no concepts/designs are lifted from it for IRR (and I would say probably not IR either). ...This is not entirely true, as I did once install those components probably around a decade ago, saw that it added IWD-like items, and immediately yoinked it out of my install. If I were to ever add it back, it would be only after I significantly re-designed all of it...and nobody wants me to do that, me least of all, :p. I'm of the mind to leave everyone else's content alone at this point outside of truly tiny tweaks that I could put in their own mini-component (i.e. nothing in the scope of IRR/SRR). General install order would be...IIRC, RR's item additions/modifications change a few vanilla items, so it depends on whether you want IR's or RR's changes to be the final word - if the former, you install IR's base component after RR; if the latter, you install RR's item-changing components after IR's base component (but before its secondary components). I have no comment on how well they fit in beyond what I already said and it not being for me, as I think I am probably the harshest judge around regarding this sort of thing.

I guess compatibility of IRR and RR remains to be a mistery :)  Anyway, i always put IRR above anything else because form my experience its the most elaborated and thought-through mod of that kind. From my previous playthroughs i infered that IRR adds enough of balanced and versatile items and adding anything else could make the game a little bit clustered.

52 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

2. If you're on the EEs, you need not worry about ToBEx or anything it did - the vast majority (but not quite all!) of what ToBEx does was implemented for the EEs, and the few things that weren't you can't change with or without ToBEx anyways, so there's nothing that you can do about it AFAIK.

One of the reasons i asked about ToBex was there is a component in RR named "Revised NPC behavior on failed theft attempts" which (according to description) requires ToBex. I always play on EE so i thought maybe some elements of ToBex were implemented so that component can be installed. (i have not tried to install it yet :) since i will have to finish my current playthrough first and then reinstall BG2).

8 hours ago, TotoR said:

@Bartimaeus,

After playing a bit, I reallize that I could use items of protection with some armors without installing the component that allow it.

When I look further, it seems that some armors where not added to itemexcl.2da. those armors are:

Leat6_, chan02b, chan03b, plat02_ and plat06_

Cheers

Aaahhh, the BG1-specific variants. Forgot about those, particularly since I always use that component. Will fix, thanks.

Hello, wanted to ask about Shapeshifting ability (specificaly Cloak of the Wolf from BG1). When i shapeshift into werewolf using the Cloak extra bonuses to AC from armor and helmet still applies. Also i can quip armor and helmet when i am in werefolf form. Is it supposed to be this way? If no - can it be fixed or its somehow hardcoded?

6 hours ago, pochesun said:

Hello, wanted to ask about Shapeshifting ability (specificaly Cloak of the Wolf from BG1). When i shapeshift into werewolf using the Cloak extra bonuses to AC from armor and helmet still applies. Also i can quip armor and helmet when i am in werefolf form. Is it supposed to be this way? If no - can it be fixed or its somehow hardcoded?

It is supposed to work that way. But I don't think you gain "bonus" AC from the transformation - your dexterity changes, which might give you bonus AC relative to what you had before, but if you're already wearing Full Plate Mail, Werewolf's base AC of 3 shouldn't change that.

13 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

It is supposed to work that way. But I don't think you gain "bonus" AC from the transformation - your dexterity changes, which might give you bonus AC relative to what you had before, but if you're already wearing Full Plate Mail, Werewolf's base AC of 3 shouldn't change that.

Yeah i think armor does not affect AC when changed in werewolf but helmet does add + 1 AC and also seems that when turning into werewolf and with armor up the armor itself still gives Armor class modifiers like piercing damage, crushing damage etc. I am not sure if its supposed to be that way cuz its impossible to remove those modifiers while in combat (you cant take your armor off when in combat).

It's not something I'm super concerned about mostly because those transformations (Cloak of the Wolf, Cloak of the Sewers, Pearly White Ioun Stone) are really more intended to be for characters who are not so great at combat. Going from a fighter to werewolf is not really of much use, as your base AC, THAC0, APR, and maybe even STR/DEX/CON are likely to all be about the same or even better than what you get from the transformation - going from a mage or maybe cleric when you need some extra melee DPS or they've run out of spells to cast and you want to make them useful, that's probably the more ideal use case...a kind of cheap but much more limited Polymorph Self. There's also something to be said for the fact that I don't think there's anything that can be done about it anyways - you can unequip items via an effect, but they drop into your inventory, and that would be super obnoxious for those abilities.

Edited by Bartimaeus
7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

There's also something to be said for the fact that I don't think there's anything that can be done about it anyways - you can unequip items via an effect, but they drop into your inventory, and that would be super obnoxious for those abilities.

I dunno, a person turning into werewolf naturally should tear off clothes / armor (unequip) :) If i was a werewolf -  i would :) 

16 hours ago, pochesun said:

I dunno, a person turning into werewolf naturally should tear off clothes / armor (unequip) :) If i was a werewolf -  i would :) 

Depends, I suppose. If the transformation was done by magic rather than being a biological lycanthrope, I could see all clothes/gear getting transformed alongside the body. So you wouldn't have to worry about taking off anything.

18 hours ago, pochesun said:

If creating a magical weapon (e.g. Flame Sword) unequipped all of your weapons, if using a figurine to summon a magical creature (e.g. Kitthix) removed the figurine from your quick slot, if using one of the mage Armor spells unequipped your armor, if transforming into something always removed all of your gear...it would make using all of those annoying for no reason. I have no desire to annoy the player in this manner, especially not when these things haven't previously worked that way. Well, I think the figurines used to, but they don't in my game, :p.

Though perhaps it's my own bias speaking - I find Ras and Spectral Brand to be really annoying in that their sword-summoning abilities remove themselves from your inventory, so I never use those abilities. In those particular two cases, there's not much that can be done about it since the alternatives would make no sense.

Edited by Bartimaeus