IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

(e): The old changelog may permanently be found here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gcjfnkujcs6htqi/old_change-log.zip/file

On 7/28/2022 at 10:44 AM, pochesun said:

I don't need the file because I already know it's lacking the correct effect (though I checked to make sure and my supposition was correct), but I do need a changelog on dvwere.spl in order to possibly determine why it's missing the correct effect, since installing IRR by itself does not render this result. Theoretically, it should be just a matter of downloading this archive to your game directory, running the extracted .bat, and typing in "dvwere.spl", but I've tried a few different attempts on my own game and it doesn't seem to actually provide a changelog.

I was able to dig up an old version of the changelog that actually works, and have changed the .bat to already pre-target dvwere.spl, so all you have to do is extract this to your game directory, run the .bat, then zip up the "change-log" folder so I can see what's what: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ynu5x9nbfsep2w/change-log dvwere.spl.zip

Edited by Bartimaeus
24 minutes ago, AL|EN said:

@Bartimaeus The output file with changelog is placed inside GameDir\WeiDU-FileChangelog\ folder. If you remember the setup where it didn't provide changelog, I'm happy to investigate.

BG1EE game I'm testing on, the old version I linked correctly changelogs bishop.cre, while the new version which I just downloaded off of GitHub does not: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/r84qydycn73f1sf/explorer_dSIznsieYp.mp4 No matter what file I try it on, the new version does not give me any results, while the old version seems to work correctly. I'm also pretty sure this problem has happened to me for as long as your version has existed, which always makes it so I have to go track down the old version every time I need to tell somebody to use it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

@Bartimaeus Well, you do have prehistoric (before 2018) version of the tool, it contains older WeiDU without fixed --change-log function. If you redownload the tool it should work.

BTW: The music in the video is fabulous, care to share the tool that you using in order to record such nice demonstration of the bug reports?

19 minutes ago, AL|EN said:

@Bartimaeus Well, you do have prehistoric (before 2018) version of the tool, it contains older WeiDU without fixed --change-log function. If you redownload the tool it should work.

BTW: The music in the video is fabulous, care to share the tool that you using in order to record such nice demonstration of the bug reports?

Gosh dangit, I took weidu's normal auto-updating feature for granted...doesn't happen in this particular case because of its atypical usage here, I guess. Cool, that seems to have fixed it, thanks! :)

I'm not sure if you're merely commenting upon the quality of the music or actually like the music, but the song in question was You'll Never Get to Heaven - White Light; the tool used to make the recording was ShareX. I've tried to share it with others here before because of its convenience, quality, and versatility, but I think you're the first person to take an interest in it. Look, you can make screenshots too! Pretty neat, huh? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fmzebfi16v5e8y9/rSdynCpMpk.mp4

Edited by Bartimaeus
7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I don't need the file because I already know it's lacking the correct effect (though I checked to make sure and my supposition was correct), but I do need a changelog on dvwere.spl in order to possibly determine why it's missing the correct effect, since installing IRR by itself does not render this result. Theoretically, it should be just a matter of downloading this archive to your game directory, running the extracted .bat, and typing in "dvwere.spl", but I've tried a few different attempts on my own game and it doesn't seem to actually provide a changelog.

I was able to dig up an old version of the changelog that actually works, and have changed the .bat to already pre-target dvwere.spl, so all you have to do is extract this to your game directory, run the .bat, then zip up the "change-log" folder so I can see what's what: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ynu5x9nbfsep2w/change-log dvwere.spl.zip

sorry, what? lol

You still need the file? Could you tell me what to do step by stepm cuz i aint finding that change-log folder. 

2 hours ago, pochesun said:

sorry, what? lol

You still need the file? Could you tell me what to do step by stepm cuz i aint finding that change-log folder. 

Assuming you are on Windows...

1. Download this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ynu5x9nbfsep2w/change-log dvwere.spl.zip
  2. Extract the contents of the .zip to your game directory: the extracted files and folder should be in the same place as your chitin.key or game executable (i.e. baldur.exe).
  3. Run "change-log.bat".
  4. Upload the files that are now in the folder "change-log" somewhere that I can download them; there should be a change-log.txt and some dvwere*.itm files.
Edited by Bartimaeus
7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Assuming you are on Windows...

1. Download this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5ynu5x9nbfsep2w/change-log dvwere.spl.zip
  2. Extract the contents of the .zip to your game directory: the extracted files and folder should be in the same place as your chitin.key or game executable (i.e. baldur.exe).
  3. Run "change-log.bat".
  4. Upload the files that are now in the folder "change-log" somewhere that I can download them; there should be a change-log.txt and some dvwere*.itm files.

done, attached changle-log folder

change-log.rar

48 minutes ago, pochesun said:

done, attached changle-log folder

change-log.rar 647 B · 1 download

Lmao, it's SR/R doing it? Well, thanks - guess I have a bug to track down.

(e): The only mention of "dvwere" I can find in SRR is simply a protection from spell (opcode 206) -> remove effects (opcode 321) replacement, which just lets you shapeshift more freely without the oBG2 "you can't shapeshift when you've already shapeshifted" restrictions (to prevent bugs from when you multi-shapeshift without returning to natural form). I guess I'll have to see if removing that fixes it, but I don't see why it would. For the time being, I've disabled that block so it can presumably stop causing this issue.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Lmao, it's SR/R doing it? Well, thanks - guess I have a bug to track down.

(e): The only mention of "dvwere" I can find in SRR is simply a protection from spell (opcode 206) -> remove effects (opcode 321) replacement, which just lets you shapeshift more freely without the oBG2 "you can't shapeshift when you've already shapeshifted" restrictions (to prevent bugs from when you multi-shapeshift without returning to natural form). I guess I'll have to see if removing that fixes it, but I don't see why it would. For the time being, I've disabled that block so it can presumably stop causing this issue.

yeah, i had an idea that it was caused by SRR tbh since i thought that Shapeshift relates to transformation and in theory should be SRR domain. I guess i shoudl have told you about my suspisions. 

So i presume you gonna disable that that restriction for EE version, do you think it can cause other problems in theory (like  incorrect shapeshifting)? I guess you gonna test it with new fix, please let us know what the results are :) 

Ona  side note, i clearly remeber that that Cloack (shapeshifting effect) worked correctly in older SRR/IRR versions, also i noticed that in SRR commits you made 25 days ago "Fix Greater Wolfwere having the wrong reaction" can it has somethign to do with the issue? Maybe it will help.

Also wanted to ask if you managed to fix Chromatic Orb?

Edited by pochesun

No update on Chromatic Orb: I know what the issue is, but it'll just a reconstruction of the spell since the effects are all mixed up.

Greater Wolfwere was related to Monster Summoning 9, not anything shapeshift-related. Really, it's not at all SRR-related except that I have an EE-specific block that's intended to make shapeshifting easier and less restricted for the player across IR/SR thanks to a new opcode not present in the original games. If someone could tell me why the following block of code would delete a 111 opcode, then I could probably fix this issue outright (instead of simply sidestepping it as I am now):

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dvwere.spl~ THEN BEGIN  // Cloak of the Wolf's Shapeshifts Wolfwere
  COPY_EXISTING ~dvwere.spl~ ~override~
  LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode_to_delete = 206 STR_VAR match_resource = dvwere END
  LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 321 insert_point = 0 target = 1 STR_VAR resource = dvwere END
END

The 111 opcode coincidentally specifies the resource "dvwere"; is the LPF DELETE_EFFECT interpreting it as an "either/or must be true" instead of as a "both must be true" like I would expect, thus deleting both the 206 opcode and the 111 opcode?

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

The 111 opcode coincidentally specifies the resource "dvwere"; is the LPF DELETE_EFFECT interpreting it as an "either/or must be true" instead of as a "both must be true" like I would expect, thus deleting both the 206 opcode and the 111 opcode?

You just have the wrong syntax - "opcode_to_delete" is not recognized by the function, so is ignored; thus, the function deletes anything matching the remaining condition, i.e. "match_resource = ~dvwere~."

(Actually you don't have quotes around "dvwere?" I thought STR_VAR looks at string variables and thus the variables need to be in some kind of quotes? I'm surprised it's even matching that condition.)

But at any rate you should say

INT_VAR match_resource = 206 STR_VAR ...

Edited by subtledoctor
2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

You just have the wrong syntax - "opcode_to_delete" is not recognized by the function, so is ignored; thus, the function deletes anything matching the remaining condition, i.e. "match_resource = ~dvwere~."

(Actually you don't have quotes around "dvwere?" I thought STR_VAR looks at string variables and thus the variables need to be in some kind of quotes? I'm surprised it's even matching that condition.)

But at any rate you should say

INT_VAR match_resource = 206 STR_VAR ...

I've never looked up the proper syntax for anything I've ever written, I always just re-use what other people have already made but refitted for my purposes. So I have no idea why it's "opcode_to_delete" instead of "match_opcode", presumably I saw it used somewhere else, :p. According to Notepad++'s "search within files", I have a crap-ton apparently written incorrectly:

notepad++_ws0cexRhvr.png

Thanks for the correction.

Edited by Bartimaeus